Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Dan Hardy Says Josh Koscheck is A B*tch

4K views 54 replies 35 participants last post by  vilify 
#1 ·

I dont see him ever getting passed Kos, Fitch or Alves....

Reactions: _JB_
#3 ·
I'd love to see him face Diego Sanchez (ofc if he beats Hathaway) for his 'return' fight. That fight would be fireworks. And the trash talking would be brilliant.

Kos vs Hardy would probably go the same way as the Daley fight. The wrestling just isn't there unfortunately.

Great interview though, look forward to seein him back :)

Reactions: jmacjer
#4 ·
Man too bad Daley aint around no mo cuz it seemed like there was a big rivalry brewing between Ruffhouse and AKA. Once Koscheck loses to GSP it should be Hardy vs Koscheck. Both are supreme diks...but Koscheck takes the cake therefore I must go with Hardy by KO, by default.

Just noticed the post ahead of me. Holy shit that would be ONE INTENSE MATCHUP between "The Nightmare" vs "The Outlaw."

#5 ·
I dont see him ever getting passed Kos, Fitch or Alves....
yeah and you also predicted he would never last a round with GSP and how gsp would knock him out and how GSP's standup was miles ahead of hardys.

GSP took the fight to the ground the entire hardy because he knew hardy could rock him standing.

Hardy is young and if he learns some wrestling and take down defense he will be compeditive against anyone.

You just have a huge negative bias agaist him for whatever reason...perhaps u were beatup by a english guy with a moehawk as a child?

#8 ·
I think he made that post because Kos and Fitch are awesome wrestlers, which is clearly Hardy's weak spot, and as it is right now, Alves has better striking and is a giant of a man.

That being said, who knows down the road...GSP didn't have any collegiate wrestling experience, and he is now the best wrestler in MMA.

In a year or two I could see Hardy being able to defend takedowns on a consistent basis from the top guys if he trains hard.

#7 ·
It's called Dan Hardy: Now I Know What I Need To Do and he's interviewed by Fight Magazine.

I really enjoyed that interview. Dan speaks well about the sport. He clearly knows where he has to improve, and he is working to do that. He could easily have slagged GSP off for not standing with him, but he's realised that if he's going to truely compete at 170 he needs to work on his wrestling and jiu-jitsu, and he's doing that. Really hope he gets a fight booked for what I'm hoping will be UFC 120 in London. If it is 120 in London, then I'm definitely going to be there. That event is scheduled for October 16th, so by then I should be at Uni in London, so I'll easily be able to get over there for the show. I hope we see Dan take on a Paulo Thiago, Diego Sanchez or maybe Ben Saunders.

#10 ·
Hardy makes a good point, Koscheck didn't go to fight, he just went to lie on Daley and win a decision, but that's wrestling. Until fighters who don't come from wrestling backgrounds learn how to deal with the takedowns and work from their backs we will continue to see 15/25 minutes of people lying on each other.

#33 · (Edited)
It's not a good point it's a Heath Herring, Tank abbot Argument that's about as old as the sport.

Hardy claimed Daily and himself was gonna run over the ufc 170 division and they didn't.

Hardy like his friend is gonna suck than die.
He has less hope than Bisping. I'm sure he'll bust his ass but he can't pick up the tools guys have had for years.

#11 ·
Gotta love a bit of Dan! Think the fights with GSP and Koscheck could be blessings in disguise for UK MMA. Shows that without either good wrestling or good BJJ you can't be the best in the world, and could move the UK guys to work on that, as most are predominantly strikers.

Dan keeps that attitude and he will go a long way imo!

#16 ·
I think attitude had a lot to do with the majority's poor view of KOS. In addition, and this is just from memory, but I remember GSP actively going for more subs (and actually losing position in that attempt) trying to finish Hardy. From memory, I remember KOS being a lot less active.

#17 ·
I agree with E. Honda. I don't think Daley is referring to Kos wrestling, he's a legit @$$ wrestler and good at it, as much as he's addressing Kos' attitude and his Shakespearian performances in the ring.

You know you're fighting Kos when:
- You go for a superman punch and he starts hugging his nuts in pain.

- You go for a low kick and he snaps his neck, calling for an illegal headbutt.

- During the stare down he suddenly drops back with an eye poke.

- While you're getting vasolined in your corner he falls out his chair and calls for illegal back of the head strike.

#20 ·
I think Kos could have exchanged with Daley and won, he clearly showed he has a striking game against Anthony Johnson if his gameplan was to trade, who IMO is a better striker than Hardy.
There is no way on earth Josh Koscheck could have stood with Paul Daley for 3 rounds, that's why he used his wrestling. Daley has the best striking at 170 bar possibly GSP, and Koscheck barely out-striking a hugely over-rated striker in Johnson proves nothing. He was knocked out by Paulo Thiago, and I'm sure that if he stood with Paul Daley, or Dan Hardy, he's getting KTFO. There's no chance Johnson's a better striker than Hardy either, all Johnson has is size and power. Hardy's a genuinely good striker, was slightly over-rated prior to the GSP fight, but he's not much smaller than Johnson and does have far better technical striking.

Reactions: Nefilim777
#19 ·
I agree that he was referring to his attitude, for the most part, but he also said "He didn't come to fight, he came to lay on top of him." (not the exact quote) People have been saying the same thing about GSP. I know GSP works a lot more on the ground than Koscheck did in the Daley fight, I just found it interesting that he'd say that about Koscheck while giving so much respect to GSP.

#21 ·
Without sounding like I'm defending Hardy too much, but in his position, he probably has some personal animosity toward Kos for being associated with the banning of Semtex. Obviously its Semtex fault, nonetheless, when you're speaking off the cuff with your mind set from a bias position, it's not going to sound analytical and of sound reason. I agree, Kos beat Semtex in the relatively same manner as GSP beat Hardy, but Hardy said GSP didn't come to fight either, afterward. It's also much harder to call someone a b*itch who owned you. I wouldn't look too much into it is all, but I hear what you're saying.

#37 ·
I think i can see Dan fighting someone in the 8-15 ranking spots first before having a pop at Thiago or Fitch, seeing as he was supposed to be fighting Hazelett next. Maybe someone like Ben Saunders, maybe even Diego Sanchez.

All i care about is Dan fighting in the UK at 119 or 120 so i can go see him!

#42 ·
Terry Etim has 2 Submission of the Night awards, and is better known for his Jiu-Jitsu than he is for his striking. Bisping's Jiu-Jitsu has improved immeasurably in the last few years too, and that was proven in his fight against Denis Kang, where he did an excellent job neutralising Kang's BJJ and preventing Kang getting to any dangerous positions. He isn't known for his Jiu-Jitsu, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have very good BJJ.

#43 ·
Etim has skills but again as the group listed above the majority isnt known for their ground skills, regardless of what Bisping did your talking an older Kang and we both know thats really not the point......again most of their Jitz is defensive (talking Bisping) not so much trying to advance position and secure a sub....on top of that the second part of the original question is slightly true, there is a need for better wrestling but guys like Hardy are just not a good match up for say a GSP or Fitch...I think the person that asked that question or raised that issue of wrestling just finished watching UFC Primetime....I have news.....Dennis Kang aint shit and if you couldnt tell that was a rebound fight given to him by the UFC you should re consider....:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.