Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To me Hendo is a true MMA fighter. The guy is just the man. He may be 39 and may have hit that wall now. But he has fought everyone there is at different weights. He has fought all over the globe. He came into the sport with a wrestling background but loves to stand and try to end the fight with a right hand. He doesn't sh*t talk much. He will say what he wants to do and give a little laugh, but he doesn't try and go overboard with insults. He doesn't make excuses and he is respectful after his fights giving all the credit to the winner.

To me he is the definition of a MMA fighter and he just keeps going. He seems to love the sport and gives it his all each times.

He may never be the same guy he was in the cage, but seems like he will always be a true MMA fighter and a guy that will get respect for his toughness and career.

Dan Henderson...you the man:fight02:

·
Registered
112 Posts
What happened to his wrestling? He was constantly outwrestled last night by Shields. Some of those rounds were hard to watch, it was like a Gsp fight. Smothered completely.

It did look like Hendo was going to finish him in the first round though.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
What happened to his wrestling? He was constantly outwrestled last night by Shields. Some of those rounds were hard to watch, it was like a Gsp fight. Smothered completely.

It did look like Hendo was going to finish him in the first round though.
In Greco you can't grab the other persons legs.

I'll always be a Hendo fan he wasn't the greatest fighter ever but he was a true legend unlike guys like tito ortiz who just talk shit and never want to fight tough opponents.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In Greco you can't grab the other persons legs.

I'll always be a Hendo fan he wasn't the greatest fighter ever but he was a true legend unlike guys like tito ortiz who just talk shit and never want to fight tough opponents.
Ummm lets just see here,

Belfort, Lidell, Machida, Couture, Griffin, Rashard.

Just a couple names off the top of my head, pretty sure he came out hard in all of these fights. He might talk a lot of shit, but the guys definitely trains and fights his heart out.

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
Hendo was and is still one of my favorite fighters. The guy never looks for tune up fights and has always faced the best. Hard not to like a guy like that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
When did he smother him? he took him to the ground and advanced his position. he was had dominant positions 11 times in that fight. GSP just picked away at Hardy. Shields went after Hendo and tried to GnP him
I guess smothered might have been the wrong word. I guess what I meant to say was completely dominated. Those rounds were hard to watch for me because I am a Henderson fan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My all time favourite fighter. Mad love for Hendo, when Shields mounted him for the third time I couldnt watch anymore. Still wanna see him fight Fedor though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.