Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought like 6 pride DVD's today and watched alot of Dan Henderson fights and wow this guy is a beast. Ive seen him fight a bunch of times but never really thought about how good this guy is. His fight with Wandy is awesome, he knocks Wand down a few times and he get knocked down a few times, its just great. I just don't see how Franklin could beat him, if they were standing all it would take would be one or two clean shot to Franklin and he would be sleeping, Dan has a granite chin, Franklin wouldnt KO him. And if Hendo wanted to take him down he would own him on the ground with his stregnth. Franklin looks good against smaller middleweights and other mediocre fighters, but Henderson does it against guys much bigger and that are the best in the world. Henderson being the 5th ranked middleweight is a joke.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
jdun11 said:
I bought like 6 pride DVD's today and watched alot of Dan Henderson fights and wow this guy is a beast. Ive seen him fight a bunch of times but never really thought about how good this guy is. His fight with Wandy is awesome, he knocks Wand down a few times and he get knocked down a few times, its just great. I just don't see how Franklin could beat him, if they were standing all it would take would be one or two clean shot to Franklin and he would be sleeping, Dan has a granite chin, Franklin wouldnt KO him. And if Hendo wanted to take him down he would own him on the ground with his stregnth. Franklin looks good against smaller middleweights and other mediocre fighters, but Henderson does it against guys much bigger and that are the best in the world. Henderson being the 5th ranked middleweight is a joke.

Yea man I like Franklin but I've always said Hendo would destroy him. Hendo would also destroy Anderson.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Yea man I like Franklin but I've always said Hendo would destroy him. Hendo would also destroy Anderson.
Hendo is an animal that doesn't get enough praise. He could move up weight classes and still tear up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
I Dont think he would destroy Anderson in stand up but dan has a vicious right hand

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like rich alot too, but i just dont see how he beats hendo, hendo has been in there with the best, and rich has lost to the best 2 fighters hes faught, his only real solid victory is Tanner, and tanner isnt that great

·
Registered
583 Posts
jdun11 said:
i like rich alot too, but i just dont see how he beats hendo, hendo has been in there with the best, and rich has lost to the best 2 fighters hes faught, his only real solid victory is Tanner, and tanner isnt that great

You're kidding right? His best victory has definitely been against Ken Shamrock. I'm seriously getting sick of how everyone underestimates and hates Ken now since hes 0-3 against Tito Ortiz.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Rocksolid187 said:
I Dont think he would destroy Anderson in stand up but dan has a vicious right hand
You're absolutely right. But Hendo wouldn't stand with him, he'd take him down and either submit him, GnP, or work a unanimous decision. Maybe I went a little overboard with the word "destroy". But no doubt he would beat him.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ken Shamrock said:
You're kidding right? His best victory has definitely been against Ken Shamrock. I'm seriously getting sick of how everyone underestimates and hates Ken now since hes 0-3 against Tito Ortiz.
shamrock was a great fighter, but not when Rich beat him, Ken isnt the same fighter at 205

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
Hendo is an animal that doesn't get enough praise. He could move up weight classes and still tear up.
but he couldnt be king of middleweight with wanderlei and shogun around

·
Registered
935 Posts
ok he baet ken slamcock and had a bad performance against silva but a lot of u are really underestimating rich franklin the guy is a great fighter and was a true champ i garuntee he changes his gameplan and retains his title as for dan henderson another great fighter but hes not as invinceable as made out i seen him get defeated at bushido and beat a belfort that was dire am not that impressed with dan

·
Registered
168 Posts
spearsoldier said:
Hendo is from America, so I am happy. I am starting to despise these Brazillian fighters though.
probably one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.. way to be a dumb american its people like you who give us the bad rep.. to a certain extent you can have pride in your county but to generalize with other fighters from another country is just plain dumb.. youre going to like a fighter because hes american instead of brazillian not because of his skills in the octagon or ring?? most brazillian fighters cant speak english anyways so you cant be basing this on the way they act or talk in the ring because you have no idea what they are saying and in what way do you have any reason to despise the brazillians ?

·
Registered
935 Posts
good point american mma fans are getting a bad rep because of this ignorance disguised as patriotism before u start on brazilians remember there is no such thing as ajj

·
Registered
168 Posts
kaiser1041 said:
ok he baet ken slamcock and had a bad performance against silva but a lot of u are really underestimating rich franklin the guy is a great fighter and was a true champ i garuntee he changes his gameplan and retains his title as for dan henderson another great fighter but hes not as invinceable as made out i seen him get defeated at bushido and beat a belfort that was dire am not that impressed with dan
the bushido fight was just a bad fight for him( go watch any of his other fights and vitors ground game is amazing better than rich and dan neutralized it the whole fight except for a couple sweeps) kind of like the one franklin had but not as bad and im pretty sure nobody here is underestimating him weve all seen his fights and know what he can do but hes a big guy for 185 and for the most part has fought smaller guys at the weight class and nobody really with a name ..most recently ,yea the crow is decent but he looked bad in his swick fight and i dont see much depth in this division much like lhw .. hendo fights some of the best at 185 and 205

·
Registered
935 Posts
i agree about vitors ground game but that wasnt the real vitor we saw in my opinion dan henderson is not the fighter hes made out to be i know there is huge team quest following but the vitor of old would destroy him and im not saying for a min that franklin would kill him but to sat hendo would destroy franklin is a bit far fetched

·
Registered
16 Posts
How is Dan Henderson the welterweight champ in Pride???

He fought Vitor at 197 I think. Does that mean that he cuts 27 lbs to defend his title?!?

That is just nuts.

Either way, this guy's a beast and I wish he was fighting in the UFC.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
In Pride WW is equivilant to UFCs MW as is Prides MW to UFC LHW. So when Dan fights at WW he makes 185. As for Franklin I like him but come on. IMO he's yet to prove he's a world class fighter. Not saying he's not hes just unproven. The only two world class fighters hes fought hes lost in decisive fashion. Granted Machida is bigger. Dan is much more proven than Rich and I dont think anyone at this point has any reason to think Franklins better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts