Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just snatched up a copy of "Elite Fighter" magazine and it has an interview with Dana White in it. I guess he does give a knockout bonus to people.
5k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
AtomDanger said:
I just snatched up a copy of "Elite Fighter" magazine and it has an interview with Dana White in it. I guess he does give a knockout bonus to people.
5k

Ya, on The Ultimate Fighter 3, Dana said if you KO someone you get something like $1000-$5000, it is somewhere along those lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
That's an easy extra 10k per year for chuck liddell assuming he fights twice a year.
 

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
Joined
·
350 Posts
My bread has MOLD and it is full of GOLD so I must look through the MOLD to find the GOLD

Thats why when the fighters get a knockout they freak out and climb all over the cage. Yes.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Matt_Serra_Fan said:
My bread has MOLD and it is full of GOLD so I must look through the MOLD to find the GOLD

Thats why when the fighters get a knockout they freak out and climb all over the cage. Yes.

Don't take a trip to negative town
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
/\/\etallica said:
He also gives a 5000-10000 dollar bonus for submission of the night. Tyson Griffin won submission of the night for UFC 63.
Oh thats pretty cool I never knew he did that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
With the tremendous amount of revenue they bring in from PPV streams, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of these guys awarded general bonuses as a certain small percentage of those revenues.

Perhaps the uncertainty surrounding those bonuses is what keeps some fighters out of the UFC.
 

·
Free Thinker
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
i think it's pitiful that he gives a KO bonus and not a Sub bonus! that just goes to show you have Dana really feels about the sport... i.e. that he's only in it for the cash, and he's gunna sell the KO as more impressive and more "valueable" than a sub!!!

dispicible...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,806 Posts
pt447 said:
i think it's pitiful that he gives a KO bonus and not a Sub bonus! that just goes to show you have Dana really feels about the sport... i.e. that he's only in it for the cash, and he's gunna sell the KO as more impressive and more "valueable" than a sub!!!

dispicible...
Ya it is bs. It think they should get paid more period. But people would rather see a vicious KO over a submission
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top