Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-cbsratings111009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

“CBS made its biggest mistake partnering with a tiny, small show with a roster no one cares about,” said Dana White. “Just because you read on MMA.TV that someone is a superstar doesn’t make it true. This should prove that no one out there gives a [expletive] about Fedor.”

“We’re pulling those numbers on Spike,” White said. “I mean, how the [expletive] is what they did considered any good in any way, shape or form? What kind of numbers do you think we would pull with a live show on CBS? I’ll tell you. Huge. It would be significantly, significantly more than what they got with these idiots from Showtime.”

·
Registered
358 Posts
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-cbsratings111009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

“CBS made its biggest mistake partnering with a tiny, small show with a roster no one cares about,” said Dana White. “Just because you read on MMA.TV that someone is a superstar doesn’t make it true. This should prove that no one out there gives a [expletive] about Fedor.”

“We’re pulling those numbers on Spike,” White said. “I mean, how the [expletive] is what they did considered any good in any way, shape or form? What kind of numbers do you think we would pull with a live show on CBS? I’ll tell you. Huge. It would be significantly, significantly more than what they got with these idiots from Showtime.”
Geez, what did SF do to Dana White? Did they wake up the morning of the event, sneak into his house, and take a shit in his cheerios??

I mean Dana does all this talk about how he "promotes" the sport and how the UFC is the pinacle of the sport...blah, blah, blah...then he downs and talks shit about every other organization out there that doesn't need their help to survive. I like Dana, but this seems a little childish to me. If I were his publicist I would suggest he just keep his mouth shut for once.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Obviously the UFC would do better numbers on CBS, mainly because the UFC is a brand name. It has nothing to do with Fedor. Im sure alot of people watching that fight were watching Fedor for the first time. But all that matters is millions of people saw him fight, and Im sure all of them would be interested in watching him fight again.

Strikeforce isnt as popular as the UFC. Fedor isnt as popular as Brock. We all know this. But to say that people dont give a shit about Fedor is ridiculous. The hometown boy came out to boos and a few golf claps. Fedor got an applause similar to that of GSP in Montreal, and the dude is from Russia. I cant think of many other occasions where that takes place. He cant deny, Fedor has a huge fanbase. I think Dana underestimates how many hardcore fans are really out there. In 2005 or 2006 Dana might have had more of an argument. But Fedor has finished 3 former UFC champions on US soil since then.

What I dont get though, is how in some interviews Dana says Fedor belongs in the UFC. And in other interviews he bashes him and says he was never a top 5 HW. Make up your mind Dana.

·
Registered
773 Posts
How could anyone possibly like this repulsive toad???

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
How could anyone possibly like this repulsive toad???
Pretty simple fella, he was one of the main people responsible for making mma what it is today. Dana sounds like an ass sometimes, but he is good to the fans and between the Fertitas and Dana White we have the three people mainly responsible for turning mma from a sideshow to the extremly popular and accessible sport that it is today.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Hey Dana, shut it. You wanted Fedor; it didn't work out. Maybe it will in the future. In the meantime. Hey Dana, shut it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Every time I think Dana could not make a bigger knob-jockey of himself, he somehow manages to raise the bar and prove me wrong.

·
The American Psycho
6,877 Posts
I guess this would be the 600th thread made about this particular subject! Seriously people you should all know by now that Dana will not promote a fighter unless he is signed with the UFC. So unless Fedor signs with the UFC (which will never happen) your going to hear Dana spout this crap every week! Just classify it as bullshit and forget about it!

·
Administrator
15,489 Posts
Lol, Dana is such a child.

"No one cares about Fedor, that's why I have to talk about him every chance I get."

If no one cared about Fedor, Dana wouldn't even mention him, as apparently no one cares anyways.

Fact is, people DO care about Fedor, a lot, and he has to stop as much damage as he can by telling casual fans that no one cares about Fedor.

Sad, but true.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hahaha i would love to see fedor and Dana walking down the same hall way and Dana try and say that to Fedor's face.

Then i would love to see Fedor load up the same punch he hit rogers with and hit dana with it...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hahaha i would love to see fedor and Dana walking down the same hall way and Dana try and say that to Fedor's face.

Then i would love to see Fedor load up the same punch he hit rogers with and hit dana with it...
Except Fedor is enough of a human being to not want to do that.

It really is quite a contrast of personalities. Kindness vs. arrogance. Between the two, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most people would prefer to be around Fedor over Dana White.

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
Except Fedor is enough of a human being to not want to do that.

It really is quite a contrast of personalities. Kindness vs. arrogance. Between the two, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most people would prefer to be around Fedor over Dana White.
Fedor and me watching tv. Fedor gets up.
I say; 'Fedor, while you're up, could you get me a glass of water? Thanks.'
Fedor says; 'nyet'.
I say; 'Hmmph'

Dana and me watching tv. Dana gets up.
I say; 'Dana, while you're up, could you get me a glass of water? Thanks.'
Dana says; '**** you do you know who I ******* am, I'm ******* Dana ******* White!'
I say; 'Dana is a girls name'.

·
Registered
187 Posts
What has Fedor ever done to Dana to deserve being trashed over and over again..? :confused03: :thumbsdown:

Dana is just pissed that UFC only has like the second (if even that) best heavy weight in the world.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts