Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
On one of Dana's video blogs a while back he sparred with someone and you can tell he has boxing skills. I think he'd have beat Tito, Tito's boxing is pretty bad and he has no power.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On one of Dana's video blogs a while back he sparred with someone and you can tell he has boxing skills. I think he'd have beat Tito, Tito's boxing is pretty bad and he has no power.
Ya I saw that actually and I agree I think he could of done well.

I'm passing time waiting for 113 to start and ya it was fun to watch!

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Thanks for the vid, just killing time before 113 and this was just what the doctor ordered!

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
I think Tito pulled out of the fight just out of respect for Dana, kind of like a thank you for getting his career back on track and what not. You can tell it was just like a little joke when Tito put it in his contract to fight him.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think Tito pulled out of the fight just out of respect for Dana, kind of like a thank you for getting his career back on track and what not. You can tell it was just like a little joke when Tito put it in his contract to fight him.
It's more disrespectful to waste Dana's time training. Dana is a damn busy guy.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
It's more disrespectful to waste Dana's time training. Dana is a damn busy guy.
I wouldnt say that exactly, I am sure he got a bit mad because he pulled out, but I am sure hes not mad for Tito getting him back in shape.

If it takes that to make a person actually take their health seriously, then thats what it takes. Ever since then, Dana actually trains every week... So who can say if that didnt happen..if he would actually get up at 6am to workout.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wouldnt say that exactly, I am sure he got a bit mad because he pulled out, but I am sure hes not mad for Tito getting him back in shape.

If it takes that to make a person actually take their health seriously, then thats what it takes. Ever since then, Dana actually trains every week... So who can say if that didnt happen..if he would actually get up at 6am to workout.
You have a point but for some reason I doubt that was Tito's intentions. Personally I'm a man of my word and I find it very disrespectful to make deal like that and pull out at the last minute.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
You have a point but for some reason I doubt that was Tito's intentions. Personally I'm a man of my word and I find it very disrespectful to make deal like that and pull out at the last minute.
well yea, I doubt those were his intentions either, but Dana took the positive out of that whole fiasco. Nobody knows why Tito does or says the thing he does.

I watched this years ago, so I cant remember the whole thing. I remember they played this on spike and I was like "WTFFF" at the end because there was this huge lead up to the fight.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
WOW. I heard about this a few times when it was supposed to happen but I had no idea that it came this close and Dana had so much invested in it. My respect for Dana has increased significantly and my respect for Tito (which is higher than most people would hold im) has decreased. He wasted Dana's time and he bithced out of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts