Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UFC President, Dana White has admitted that even he’s not the biggest fan of welterweight number one contender, Josh Koscheck, but that doesn’t excuse the actions of disgrace Brit, Paul “Semtex” Daley this past weekend.

Speaking via Yahoo!Sports.com, Dana explained:

“I’m no Josh Koscheck fan. Personally, I think he’s [expletive]. We actually don’t get along very well. I like Paul Daley a lot, but what he did was inexcusable. He walked over to Koscheck and Koscheck could have thought he was coming over to shake hands or congratulate him and he took a cheap shot at him like that. If you throw a sucker punch like that after a fight in the UFC, I don’t care who you are, you’re done. He’ll never fight for us again. I cut Nick Diaz after he was fighting [Joe Riggs] at the hospital. People are sick and dying and you can’t be in the hospital fighting. I cut the guy even though I know he’s a very good fighter.”

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
wow kos cant buy a fan these days....oh well at least other tools might like him (a joke to that one kos fan). hear that kos? even dana thinks your a [expletive].

·
Registered
521 Posts
He has at least one fan. Me. He can certainly be douche but frankly, I think it's part of his game. Just my opinion. I like his fights and I like how he was grown from just a great collegiate wrestler to a pretty good fighter.

And for all the folks that say he's too brash and cocky and arrogant. I sort of like that in a fighter. We used to say the same thing while I was in the Navy. A common complaint was "You know Chief...that freakin' LT. So and So is such a cocky jerk off blah blah blah". Which oftentimes, fighter jocks were. But frankly, when the chips are down and you are steering a multi-million dollar F/A-18 Hornet (or whatever other fighter jet)...I WANT that pilot to be completely self-assured, cocky, and maybe a tad arrogant. I WANT him to fully believe that he is the baddest thing on two legs. Tempered with good sense and true skill of course.

I really think that is Kos' persona to a "T". But that's just me.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Dana should have used this daley incident as an excuse to cut kosheck. It would make a lot of fans happy and that's what its all about.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I love that Dana keeps it real. He did the right thing in cutting Daley. MMA does not need things like that popping up.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Jesus christ, Dana changes his opinion every 3 seconds. At the pre-fight conference he said he loved Koscheck because he always looks for the finish. One match later, he hates the guy. I'll never understand what goes on in this guy's head.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Jesus christ, Dana changes his opinion every 3 seconds. At the pre-fight conference he said he loved Koscheck because he always looks for the finish. One match later, he hates the guy. I'll never understand what goes on in this guy's head.
+rep you man
Dana loves the guy who can bring him PPV's.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
Dana has to hate him if he's gonna play the heel on TUF vs GSP.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
He said he loved Koscheck as a fighter, and now he's saying he doesn't like Koscheck as a person. That's why he said they don't get along, because it's on a personal level.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I like Koscheck haha. Guess he has 2 fans now.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Dont worry Kos I still like you even though you are a bit of a twat at times. But seriously, I do like Kos but he should not have provoked Daley like he did.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Dont worry Kos I still like you even though you are a bit of a twat at times. But seriously, I do like Kos but he should not have provoked Daley like he did.
Why not? Daley does it to everyone he fights. It's not Kos' fault Daley can dish it out but can't take it.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Why not? Daley does it to everyone he fights. It's not Kos' fault Daley can dish it out but can't take it.
But after a big fight like that? Look man Kos is a fighter as well he knows what its like being on the losing side. He knows what its like to have sacrificed everything in your life in order to train hard and make the fight go your way therefore he is aware of how high emotions can be when you have just lost a big fight after being so close to title contention. Not making excuses for Daley at all, but Kos isnt entirely innocent, yeah.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
But after a big fight like that? Look man Kos is a fighter as well he knows what its like being on the losing side. He knows what its like to have sacrificed everything in your life in order to train hard and make the fight go your way therefore he is aware of how high emotions can be when you have just lost a big fight after being so close to title contention. Not making excuses for Daley at all, but Kos isnt entirely innocent, yeah.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like when a fighter disrespects their opponent....UNLESS the fighter they are facing does it as well. Daley is the worst of them all. Daley stood over Hazelett after knocking him out cold and pretended to shoot him with a gun. He then complained about how boring Jake Shields is even though Jake Shields finished him. Daley deserved every ounce of disrespect he got.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I don't like when a fighter disrespects their opponent....UNLESS the fighter they are facing does it as well. Daley is the worst of them all. Daley stood over Hazelett after knocking him out cold and pretended to shoot him with a gun. He then complained about how boring Jake Shields is even though Jake Shields finished him. Daley deserved every ounce of disrespect he got.

To Daleys credit he did immediately apologise for the gun jesture thingy. Daley aint no angel, but he was an up and comer young hot prospect who came up short and had salt in his wounds.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
To Daleys credit he did immediately apologise for the gun jesture thingy. Daley aint no angel, but he was an up and comer young hot prospect who came up short and had salt in his wounds.
I liked him after the apology, until he ruined it at the post fight conference. If you haven't heard what he said yet, I recommend you check it out.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Dana has to hate him if he's gonna play the heel on TUF vs GSP.
Whomever says pro wrestling and MMA are not similar dont know crap! lol jk but that is true though, no one is going to hate GSP so Koscheck would have to be the "heel" in a way.

Personally I like Koscheck

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
I cut Nick Diaz after he was fighting [Joe Riggs] at the hospital. People are sick and dying and you can’t be in the hospital fighting. I cut the guy even though I know he’s a very good fighter.”
LOL Dana's reinventing history... He didn't cut Diaz, Diaz finished out his contract and chose not to renew, he fought three more times in the UFC after the Joe Riggs incident FFS. In fact he left on a two fight win-streak to sign with Cesar Gracie's promotion which unfortunately for him never really got off the ground.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts