Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Title Guy
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UFC president Dana White on Monday announced that UFC 261 is headed to Jacksonville, Fla., with a full house of fans. The fight card will be topped with three title fights.

VyStar Veteran's Memorial Arena will be open to a full house, according to White, featuring a blistering tripleheader of championship bouts.

A rematch between UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman and Jorge Masvidal tops the UFC 261 bill in Florida. The two first fought at UFC 251 last year, when Masvidal stepped in on short notice, only to lose a unanimous decision to Usman

The fight card also features UFC strawweight champion Zhang Weili putting her belt on the line for the second time when she squares off with former champion Rose Namajunas. Zhang was part of the Fight of the Year in 2020, defeating another former champion in Joanna Jedrzejczyk. The UFC hopes she brings that same magic against Namajunas, another fan favorite.

The third championship bout pits flyweight titleholder Valentina Shevchenko against top contender Jessica Andrade.

Other bouts expected to be featured at UFC 261 include

The UFC 261 lineup includes: Uriah Hall vs. Chris Weidman, Jimmy Crute vs. Anthony Smith, and several other bouts that should make this one of the most stacked cards in UFC history.

Who else is excited to see fans in the house again?

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
Right wing states like florida and texas are opening.

While left wing states like new york and california are shutting down.

I hope florida and texas keep the mask mandate in place. Definitely helps IMO despite the negative press its gotten.

·
The Title Guy
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Texas lifted their mandate but never actually locked down which probably helped their lower numbers in terms of COVID infection rates and Florida never had a mask mandate on the state level. Also I don't know about New York but I can tell you that in California we are somewhat opening back up. I have a feeling Gavin Newsom might be panicking with the recall.

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
Tesla's active factory in california recorded many positive tests for workers.

With 0 serious cases.

If they can operate without anyone being seriously sick or hurt. That could be the blueprint for the future IMO.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tbh I'm not a fan of women's mma, I'm not really thrilled with the main event though after the lackluster first fight.

·
The Title Guy
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's not the most ideal main event but it makes sense for who is fighting for the audience they are fighting for. Why not get two local guys to fight in the middle of a pandemic?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wonder what new will Masvidal will bring to the table this time, because the 1st fight pure domination by Usman.

·
The Title Guy
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That depends on if Viacom is willing to sell, not to mention I just saw an articles about how Endeavor is currently $59 million in debt and is currently looking at buying out the 51 percent of Zuffa currently owned by it's partners. Buying out Bellator right now I don't think is a good idea. Then again it might or might not happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts