http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/0329/486598/dana-white/index.shtmlWhen the UFC signed 41-year-old boxing legend James Toney to a multi-fight contract earlier this month, MMA purist wondered what company president Dana White was thinking after previously bashing rival organizations for making similar "circus act" moves.
"We sat down in my office and he said, 'I'm a proud guy, and I wouldn't do anything to embarrass myself,'" White said at last Wednesday's UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy pre-fight press conference.
Immediately after the signing, White justified his move by running down the Toney's extensive resume.
However less than four weeks after their controversial signing, White appears to have developed reservations about allowing the boxer into his Octagon.
"To be honest, I don't know why I did it," White told the Radio City Music Hall crowd. "But we did it. I did this deal and now I have to figure out what to do with him."
Plenty of names offered to roll out the MMA welcome wagon for Toney, including UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture. No opponent for Toney's first MMA bout has been set as of yet.
Don't worry Dana, no one knows why the f... you did it either. Just get it over with so we can all move on.