Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dana White only a "casual" Boxing Fan!?

Dana White calls himself a Boxing Fan, but he doesn't know who David Haye is?? :confused:

How does that work guys?

Did he even heard about the two most dominant HW fighters in the World today??

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I'm not a fan of boxing like I'm a fan of MMA. I know the world of MMA intrinsically, but I'm only an event specific boxing fan. I've only ever watched Roy Jones, Jr., De La Hoya, and Manny with intention. I sincerely enjoy the science of technical boxing and I can get riled up watching a boxing event as well, such as when Shane dropped Mayweather in the second round.

I suppose I'm a fairweather boxing fan. I only watch mega fights.

You mean Brock Lesnar and Alistar Overeem?

Oh no I didn't!1
OOOHHHH SNAP! :thumb02:

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mean Brock Lesnar and Alistar Overeem?

Oh no I didn't!1
haha good one^^

first I thought what?? :confused02: but then :thumb02:

I am not even a real Boxing Fan, but I do know who David Haye is. Probably because I am European I guess ;D

But a "Boxing Fan" should know that.. don't you think?

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Haye is a new guy relatively speaking, only 29, White wouldn't know him because since he's been boxing Dana has been spending every second running the UFC and it's interests.

It's not like he didn't know some classic boxing champion or something.

I consider myself a hockey fan because I love the sport, but I couldn't tell you who any new players from the last 5 years are.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Haye is a new guy relatively speaking, only 29, White wouldn't know him because since he's been boxing Dana has been spending ever second running the UFC and it's interests.

I consider myself a hockey fan because I love the sport, but I couldn't tell you who any new players from the last 5 years are.
I'm like that with football. I truly enjoy watching the game, but I can only name a handful of players and I couldn't give you stats either.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haye is a new guy relatively speaking, only 29, White wouldn't know him because since he's been boxing Dana has been spending every second running the UFC and it's interests.

Haye is World Champion!

not just some Boxer..

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

I agree with this 100%~ I am a hockey fan as well, and dont know many players outside of the lightning and blackhawks. I also enjoy watching baseball, I am a cubs fan, but I dont know the names of most players on that team or on any other teams... I enjoy the sports, I am just not a fanatic! MMA, I am a fanatic, baseball and hockey I am a fan!

So yes, Dana can be a boxing fan (he was even a boxer for a while) and not know who that guy is!

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Its simple. If you dont know who David Haye is then you cant call yourself a boxing fan. Any real boxing fan would straight up be able to tell you who he is.

Reactions: BobbyCooper

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, he's just another boxer who has fought a lot of guys not as good as him. He may be a champion, and a great boxer, but like I said, he is no classic champion boxing name to be remembered by an oldschool fan. I would say less than 1% of north america would know who he is.
I think thats more of a Problem with the American culture. they don't really care what happens outside of there country, cause it isn't relevant to them.

I could be wrong through..

After all this talk I still don't know who he is :confused02:
haha Volcom^^ do you know the thing "I google that for ya"? :) wish I could do that right noe ;D

but I can't lol^^

Its simple. If you dont know who David Haye is then you cant call yourself a boxing fan. Any real boxing fan would straight up be able to tell you who he is.
Exactly Mc :thumbsup:

It's the same with any other Sport. If you call yourself a Soccer fan, you know who won the Championship in Italy, Spain, England, Germany..

Thats a real fan!

Dana isn't a real fan in my eyes. He pretends to be one, but he isn't.

I really don't blame him cause Boxing is really boring these days. But don't call yourself a fan then.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
So far we have two europeans saying you would need to know who he is. I think you might just have a little more knowledge on boxers because of where you are from.

To be an MMA fan, do you NEED to know who Hector Lombard is? He IS after all the CFC champion..

And Bobby, why so defensive? I`m just pointing out my opinion and it isn`t an extremely controversial one!

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
So far we have two europeans saying you would need to know who he is. I think you might just have a little more knowledge on boxers because of where you are from.

To be an MMA fan, do you NEED to know who Hector Lombard is? He IS after all the CFC champion..
every "True" MMA fan knows who he is SJ.

Casuals like Dana is in Boxing.. do not!

I am not defensive at all SJ. Just having a debate buddy :)

I Love you btw. :) think I haven't said that in a while here^^ but it's true my friend.

The word champion means nothing in boxing!
That statement couldn't be more true haha :D

thats why Boxing will go away..

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Dana knows who he is, he is just going to take a shot at boxing anytime he gets a chance.
I know who he is, boxer, part time model. LOL
some people are fans of big boxing matches and some people are fans of boxing I think,but Haye gets very little exposure in the states. thats why a lot of people dont know who he is,..imho

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Don´t worry m8, i got that for you :D

http://bit.ly/19qOkj
Hahhahah^^ you are a genius my friend :D

Dana knows who he is, he is just going to take a shot at boxing anytime he gets a chance.
I know who he is, boxer, part time model. LOL
some people are fans of big boxing matches and some people are fans of boxing I think,but Haye gets very little exposure in the states. thats why a lot of people dont know who he is,..imho
but that shouldn't hold a "FAN" back right??

I mean as a Fan^^ I at least google the current Boxing champs.. cause there aren't a few ;D

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
My only measure of MMA legitimacy is that you can talk PRIDE FC. Not that you think PRIDE was the end all be all of MMA top talent, just that you can talk PRIDE. Like Shogun was from Pride, Rampage was from Pride and Anderson was from Pride. I used to consider them Pride Fighters as UFC Champions, but I got over it. I'm down with the Zuffa these days.

Also, before, another one of my measure of MMA legitimacy was that you recognized Fedor as the top HW, now, it's that you might consider Fedor the top HW, but can arguably discuss why he may or may not be, currently. Not that one opinion whether he is or isn't is the right answer, just that you can recognize his situation as at least, debatable, in regards to his top fighter status.

I enjoy talking to people who were MMA fans, prior to the Zuffa monopoly and who remembered when Mirko was the shit, r.i.p. HLK.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My only measure of MMA legitimacy is that you can talk PRIDE FC. Not that you think PRIDE was the end all be all of MMA top talent, just that you can talk PRIDE. Like Shogun was from Pride, Rampage was from Pride and Anderson was from Pride. I used to consider them Pride Fighters as UFC Champions, but I got over it. I'm down with the Zuffa these days.

Also, before, another one of my measure of MMA legitimacy was that you recognized Fedor as the top HW, now, it's that you might consider Fedor the top HW, but can arguably discuss why he may or may not be, currently. Not that one opinion whether he is or isn't is the right answer, just that you can recognize his situation as at least, debatable, in regards to his top fighter status.

I enjoy talking to people who were MMA fans, prior to the Zuffa monopoly and who remembered when Mirko was the shit, r.i.p. HLK.
Thats right Volcom.

A true fan also knows about the History of his Sport. I'm sure Dana knows about it, cause most fighters were American and dominated the Boxing World.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts