Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
The Title Guy
16,901 Posts
For your question about Scientology, yes it is still and always will be a bulls*** religion created by a science fiction writer that does some scary stuff like stalking people, blacklisting them, and spying on various governments. Also the Greek, Nordic and Egyptian Gods are genuinely myths. Christianity has genuine archaelogical evidence and Lee Strobel in his various books just lays out the archaelogical, philisophical and scientific evidence of other people.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Also the Greek, Nordic and Egyptian Gods are genuinely myths.

I think some of those greek, nordic and egyptian "gods" were actually demons or something of that nature.

Back in the day, like 10 years ago. Astrophysicist Stephen Hawking said if the expansion rate of the universe had been off by 0.5%. Life would never have developed. Imagine someone driving 200 miles per hour. If they drive 201 mph, matter in the universe drifts too far apart for things like planets and solar systems to develop. If they drive 199 mph gravity mushes everything too close together for planets, solar systems and life to form.

That's how astronomical the odds of our planet and life developing are.

Its far more likely these events were guided by God or a supreme being. In comparison to any other possibility. Which is why hall of fame science greats like Newton, Einstein and Tesla always acknowledge God as the creator.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
My point still remains though. At the end of the day, I work, come home, spend time with the kids, eat, spend time with the wife. I maybe have a couple of hours a day to myself, I'll maybe watch a movie or play some Gwent.
100% cool. I respect that.

By contrast, I spend hours every week reading news stories, science, medical/health articles. This is something I've done off and on for the past 10+ years. In hindsight it might have been better had I spent my time differently. There's not as much real world application for it as I would like.

You said there is 100% God exists, so then prove it.

I feel like I always need to reiterate this, or come across as a religion hated person - but I have no problem with religion or the people who practise it. I grew up in a religious family, went to a religious school, I have religious friends. When I was at school a opted to study religion as a choice because you can learn a lot from it. It's just not for me, from a belief perspective.
Maybe sometime later I'll make an attempt to prove God exists. Its possible it is supposed to be more of a personal journey though. Its a personal choice as to what degree people decide to search for evidence of God. Have to respect that free will.

There aren't many real religious people in the world. Its easy to get caught up in wanting to be the 100% complete opposite of religious people you meet. I feel exactly the same. In my case, I think many of the religious people I met would more accurately be defined as atheist or satanist. Due to their tendency to do the opposite of what the bible preaches.

When I was college I drew the pentagram on one of my folders, used to listen to heavy metal as well. I did it to appear edgy, rest assured though, I am no occultist.

Microsoft recently deleted their commercial starring occultist Marina Abramovic. She's like a modern day Aleister Crowley.

Just reading the news casually there are many connections made with ruling elites and satanic, occult paradigms. Its been the norm for the last 50-100 years.

I do. For example you will often make a judgement on people based on their political leaning, especial where left politics are concerned. You will often assume that because a person believes 'X'. they must also believe 'Y' and 'Z'. These are dangerous things to assume, because they can create hostility and divide.
Its not a personal judgement to me. Its more like pop culture stereotypes.

Is this the satire section of your post? Literally everything on this planet that is not natural or art has its roots in science, and yes engineering is a science. Pretty much everything you use on a day to day basis will have created from people who are degree educated or higher, who have had to read research papers to aid them, many of whom will have also produced their own peer reviewed papers.

I don't know what doctors are like in Hawaii but I'd like to think you guys have moved on since the days of the Kuhunas. I've personally had my life saved by doctors on 3 occasions, so they get a thumbs up from me.
Science achievement still happens but is at all time lows in comparison to past history.

What I've seen and witnessed from doctors trends towards the opposite of your experience.

No. I think most of the misinformation in this country comes from the right wing media, who back the government, and of course the government itself. I've mentioned this before but I stopped reading papers back in 2008, it is one of the best things I have done. I could literally write 10,000 words on the subject but in nutshell since I stopped reading papers I have paid attention to whats going on around me, my town, my friends, family, colleagues, local businesses. Its been a revelation.

As I said before, I don't have a lot spare time, so other than short replies I won't be responding to another long post.
Over the past 3 years I've witnessed every right wing personality in the country be targeted, threatened, harassed, assaulted, subverted, censored, shut down or otherwise eliminated. "Right wing" media sources like fox news now produce a few grams of irrelevent truth for every metric ton of left wing garbage they publish.

Leftist democrats in america claim to be centrist. Right wing and populist nationalist demographics are accused of being fascist, white supremacist, nazis or racist. Goal posts are constantly being shifted to mislead the public into accepting the wrong conclusions on everything. I would guess this is happening everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
8,093 Posts
For your question about Scientology, yes it is still and always will be a bulls*** religion created by a science fiction writer that does some scary stuff like stalking people, blacklisting them, and spying on various governments. Also the Greek, Nordic and Egyptian Gods are genuinely myths. Christianity has genuine archaelogical evidence and Lee Strobel in his various books just lays out the archaelogical, philisophical and scientific evidence of other people.
They weren't Myths to the people who believed them. Greek religion lasted well over a 1000 years and if count the fact that some people still believe in the Greek Gods today, it makes the religion older than Christianity, in fact 900 years older than Christianity. That particular religion is also littered with artefacts.

·
Super Moderator
8,093 Posts
100% cool. I respect that.

By contrast, I spend hours every week reading news stories, science, medical/health articles. This is something I've done off and on for the past 10+ years. In hindsight it might have been better had I spent my time differently. There's not as much real world application for it as I would like.

Maybe sometime later I'll make an attempt to prove God exists. Its possible it is supposed to be more of a personal journey though. Its a personal choice as to what degree people decide to search for evidence of God. Have to respect that free will.

There aren't many real religious people in the world. Its easy to get caught up in wanting to be the 100% complete opposite of religious people you meet. I feel exactly the same. In my case, I think many of the religious people I met would more accurately be defined as atheist or satanist. Due to their tendency to do the opposite of what the bible preaches.

Microsoft recently deleted their commercial starring occultist Marina Abramovic. She's like a modern day Aleister Crowley.

Just reading the news casually there are many connections made with ruling elites and satanic, occult paradigms. Its been the norm for the last 50-100 years.

Its not a personal judgement to me. Its more like pop culture stereotypes.

Science achievement still happens but is at all time lows in comparison to past history.

What I've seen and witnessed from doctors trends towards the opposite of your experience.

Over the past 3 years I've witnessed every right wing personality in the country be targeted, threatened, harassed, assaulted, subverted, censored, shut down or otherwise eliminated. "Right wing" media sources like fox news now produce a few grams of irrelevent truth for every metric ton of left wing garbage they publish.

Leftist democrats in america claim to be centrist. Right wing and populist nationalist demographics are accused of being fascist, white supremacist, nazis or racist. Goal posts are constantly being shifted to mislead the public into accepting the wrong conclusions on everything. I would guess this is happening everywhere.
Theres plenty of good science going, granted it doesn't have the wow factor it used to have because so much as already been discovered, pretty much every thing that can be invented has been invented. Heres a challenge for you, name me something absolutely unique that has not been invited yet, it can't be an improved version of something else either, it has to be something that has never been seen before.

Science is still doing some incredible things. Just look at the Large Hadron Particle Collider, the science required just to build such a thing is staggering let alone that fact that it actually found the particle it was actually built find. We are on the verge of quantum computing, nuclear fusion is become closer to reality, scientists may be on the verge of being able to reverse Alzheimer's... to name but a few.

News in the UK is heavily right biased, in fact the printed press is almost exclusively right, with the exception of The Daily Mirror and The Guardian, who have significantly less circulation. The last 2 elections have been hatchet jobs in the media against Corbyn, bullshit stories and bullshit 'facts'. They get away with it because their owners are billionaires, and whatever fines come their way from regulators, they just absorb. There is nobody to keep them in check, they decide who governs and public opinion. They really make me question whether freedom of press is good thing.

·
The Title Guy
16,901 Posts
Okay I'm not throwing in the towel, I just want to get back on topic. Supposedly the next return date is going to be May 9th which means that either "Fight Island" will be ready, or because Florida now considers sports to be a necessary industry that they will host several events in Florida.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Okay I'm not throwing in the towel, I just want to get back on topic. Supposedly the next return date is going to be May 9th which means that either "Fight Island" will be ready, or because Florida now considers sports to be a necessary industry that they will host several events in Florida.

IMO. Without a live audience, there's no reason to host shows in florida.

Florida's politicians and regulatory authorities are shady too. Andrew Gillum almost became governor of that state. A few months back he was found by police in a hotel with a male prostitute, bags of meth and someone who OD'ed and might have died. Then there was Brenda Snipes and her election rigging in the state. And some of the shady things done by politicians who owned a piece of the pest extermination biz.

The UFC should avoid florida until the pandemic passes.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Theres plenty of good science going, granted it doesn't have the wow factor it used to have because so much as already been discovered, pretty much every thing that can be invented has been invented. Heres a challenge for you, name me something absolutely unique that has not been invited yet, it can't be an improved version of something else either, it has to be something that has never been seen before.

Science is still doing some incredible things. Just look at the Large Hadron Particle Collider, the science required just to build such a thing is staggering let alone that fact that it actually found the particle it was actually built find. We are on the verge of quantum computing, nuclear fusion is become closer to reality, scientists may be on the verge of being able to reverse Alzheimer's... to name but a few.

News in the UK is heavily right biased, in fact the printed press is almost exclusively right, with the exception of The Daily Mirror and The Guardian, who have significantly less circulation. The last 2 elections have been hatchet jobs in the media against Corbyn, bullshit stories and bullshit 'facts'. They get away with it because their owners are billionaires, and whatever fines come their way from regulators, they just absorb. There is nobody to keep them in check, they decide who governs and public opinion. They really make me question whether freedom of press is good thing.

IMO all recent gains in fields like artificial intelligence come from moore's law and a greater density of transistors occupying a finite space as lithographic silicon etching processes improve. AI as a field of engineering hasn't advanced much over the past 50 years. The golden age of AI occurred when greats like Alan Turing were alive. Since then we've witnessed a significant decline associated with the replacement of skilled labor in job markets with unskilled labor. Those gains with tesla self driving cars aren't real gains. The field hasn't advanced. Its predominantly hardware based. I think that precedent applies to all of science in a broad sense. Some progress and innovation is occurring but its significantly reduced in comparison to where it was 50-100 years ago.

Milo Yiannopoulus is the proud poster boy for right wing media imo. The end result of being a true right wing media personality: deplatforming. Even Alex Jones significantly reduced the quality of the content he produces. Alex Jones sounds more like CNN these days, than someone on the right wing. That's how I see it anyways.

·
The Title Guy
16,901 Posts
Alex Jones has always been a controversial guy by any standards which is why he got banned from various social media. Milo Yiannopoulus on the other hand is a perfect example of biased media and another example of how hypocritical the left is. He's a gay jew married to a black guy and yet is called a racist, makes no sense.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts