Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I can't stand the guy doing the interview
Landsberg (the interviewer) gets a lot of hate and I'm not sure why, I've always liked him. You have to realize that everything he does is tongue in cheek. He knows he comes off annoying sometimes and looks metrosexual sometimes and he makes fun of himself all the time.

The thing that makes him one of the best, if not the best, sports talk show host/interviewers is that he isn't afraid to ask tough questions that guys don't want to answer. Notice as soon as Dana started going on about how rigorous the UFC testing was that Landsberg mentions that they don't have off season random testing. 90% of of these guys just lob softball questions and never make the slightest mention of anything the interviewee doesn't want to hear. Landsberg at least has some stones.

He is also a huge MMA fan and I believe a black belt in judo or karate.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gotta give it to Landsberg. He can come off as annoying, but he sneaks some good questions in there and takes guys a little out of their element -- which, in Dana's case, is complete control of a situation.

When I watch Mik'es interviews with these guys, I actually learn a little about what they're like. The same can't be said for other Canadian interviewers who focus on MMA, such as Showdown Joe or Mauro Renallo.

And he's like, the one guy at TSN who actually acts like MMA exists, and doesn't pretend more Canadians watch Steve Molitor than GSP.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Landsberg (the interviewer) gets a lot of hate and I'm not sure why, I've always liked him. You have to realize that everything he does is tongue in cheek. He knows he comes off annoying sometimes and looks metrosexual sometimes and he makes fun of himself all the time.

The thing that makes him one of the best, if not the best, sports talk show host/interviewers is that he isn't afraid to ask tough questions that guys don't want to answer. Notice as soon as Dana started going on about how rigorous the UFC testing was that Landsberg mentions that they don't have off season random testing. 90% of of these guys just lob softball questions and never make the slightest mention of anything the interviewee doesn't want to hear. Landsberg at least has some stones.

He is also a huge MMA fan and I believe a black belt in judo or karate.
Well he's on a big show and is a big name himself, from what I can tell as an outsider looking in. He's an important reporter in Canada, Dana will let his shit slide. Most of the reporters who cover UFC would probably get thrown out if they grabbed Dana by the nuts and asked him sensitive questions every time they interviewed him. This guy seems to have more clout, and just says whatever the hell he wants.

I just don't like him or his style. Regardless of good questions, Matt Serra said it right when he said he's 'pricky'.

Ariel Helwani asks a lot of good questions but he doesn't act like an arrogant shit in doing so.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If UFC wants to be mainstream -- in the U.S., Canada or anywhere else -- they need the mainstream media.

As much as they'd love to, they can't control everything associated with their product, nor should they.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts