Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Here’s my thing with girls fighting, said White. Right now the place that it’s in is much like female boxing at one time. You probably have three or four girls that are really good and a lot of girls that aren’t, so it makes for some real bad mismatches,” said White. “But I think as the sport continues to grow around the world and more and more kids start getting involved in mixed martial arts I think that’s going to change.”
“I went to this fight one time in Northern California. It was a small show and these two girls were fighting on the card. One girl fought just like Randy Couture and looked just like Randy Couture. And this other girl was beautiful and looked like she took about four Tae Bo classes. It was one of the worst fights I’ve seen in my life and you can imagine what the outcome was. And it really left a bad taste in my mouth, but that was a while ago.
“This sport has grown so much and there’s so many more girls training.” “I’m sure they’re going to change women’s MMA over the next five or six years.”
http://www.fightertrends.com/mma-news/ufc/dana-white-may-be-open-to-female-mma-in-the-ufc/

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
If there was more upper class talent out there then I would love to see it. I know there will never be a full card but 1 match thrown in ever month or 2 wouldnt be that bad. Ive seen some chicks throw down for real but others not so much

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I agree with Dana on this one. Woman's MMA is very top heavy. When more female MMA fighters come into the sport that can all compete around the same level, then it would make more sense for Dana to go after it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Could Randy secretly be working his way up the female ranks? A fight with Cyborg in 2011 for the honour of Gina Carano?! The plot thickens...
You are overlooking something even more important CP: There is a woman out there that looks just like Randy Couture and that has got to be one fugly broad.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Honestly I don't know about this one. Firstly there isn't alot of depth to my knowledge in women's MMA to justify the UFC pulling the trigger here imo. Call me sexist but women's sports just straight up don't entertain me or grab hold of me as much as watching men compete. I would rather women's MMA stay seperated so they don't take up spots on PPV cards that men would normally get. Sounds extremely sexist but I don't enjoy the WNBA or any other professional women's sports leagues and the times I've seen women's MMA on EliteXC or Strikeforce with the Gina Carano fights I only watched because they were free and Gina is hot, I didn't enjoy the actual competition though.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
This is my personal opinion here, but I don't like watching women fight. Women aren't fighters, they are caregivers and nurturers. I hope woman's MMA doesn't become big, I'm just morally against it.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
Dont you f*cking do it Dana!

If Dana really wants to dabble in womens mma, i hope they shove it on WEC which doesnt air over here in the UK. I dont want my UFC nights ruined by bitch fights!

To save you guys flaming, I know they can be techincally sound fights to watch, but i hate hate hate to see girls fighting. I much prefer to see my girls lovin' :thumb02:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Dont you f*cking do it Dana!

If Dana really wants to dabble in womens mma, i hope they shove it on WEC which doesnt air over here in the UK. I dont want my UFC nights ruined by bitch fights!

To save you guys flaming, I know they can be techincally sound fights to watch, but i hate hate hate to see girls fighting. I much prefer to see my girls lovin' :thumb02:
I'm with you man! No chick fights in the UFC.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I would keep an open mind towards it. I actually have seen some good girl fights that were real technical ground battles. Of course for every one of those I've seen two or three complete mismatches. I think Dana is right a couple years down the road it may be something to look at legitimately. Right now it's kind of got that freak show like look that Dana has strove so hard to avoid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm all for womens MMA. I'm a little biased, I like my women to be able to just cold-cock a guy at the bar that grabs her booty when I'm right there. Saves me jailtime ;) but also is just god awfully hilarious.
I see womens MMA as more technical(slower than WEC), but something along the lines of the WEC to the UFC. Dana and Zuffa know what they are doing, if they can find 5 or 6 equal women fighters to make matches and not, MY GOD WHY HASNT THE REF STOPPED CYBORG YET, matches I could see it as a legitimate division.
My Caveat is, If you have a girl like Cyborg, dont throw in a girl thats a personal trainer and only mildly does MMA. I mean seriously you thought that girl had a chance in hell? Those fights will RUIN Womens MMA before it gets off the ground.
carano vs jan could have been a sweeeeet battle. Theres a good chance it would have gone the distance. Strikeforce is going to ruin womens MMA throwing every Jan and red headed irish chick a title shot. You cant have a title fight every single event. I mean really, why does this girl or that or that deserve a shot at the "title."
But The beer has made me ramble a little, I'm a talkative drunk ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm all for women fighting in the UFC in due time. By due time I mean when more Cris Cyborg's are genetically engineered in a lab.

How was she created again? a Gorilla with a pair of chromosomes removed? :confused05:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I didn't enjoy the Cyborg vs Jen fight not just because of the beating Jen took, but also I found it technically lacking. It's good that women have a chance in this sport but until they improve, I'd rather see men go at it.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Women fighting is just wrong, regardless of how much tAlent is out there. It's hard enough to legalize MMA as it is, imagine trying to persuade congressmen to let girls start beating each other up!
You know I don't particularly like to watch women get beat on either, but I am very surprised that YOU would protest against it. In another thread you went on and on about how steroid use should be legal for everyone, but in this thread you oppose women fighting? Doesn't show much consistesy in your belief that anything should be okay as long as everyone has equal access to use it. Would you change your mind if the ladies could juice up?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts