Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Personally I don't think fedor is top p4p anymore because of how infrequently he fights and he isnt fighting top competition.

·
Registered
63 Posts
haha he did get owned nasty! Anyways, Fedor is not the top pound for pound.. Dana is right, Anderson Silva is! I wanna see GSP fight MW.. Cuz There is no one in WW the is up to his level!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yea that guy seemed like he had no idea what he was talking about... Ugly.

I don't Dana's logic for not wanting GSP to go up to 185... It makes no sense. The same reason he thinks Silva can go up to LHW and HW are the same reasons why GSP should go up.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't Dana's logic for not wanting GSP to go up to 185... It makes no sense. The same reason he thinks Silva can go up to LHW and HW are the same reasons why GSP should go up.
Not at all, the reason that GSP dominates his opponents is through takedowns and control, he controls his opponent by making him fight from his weakest position, this becomes much, much harder to do when you are fighting people that are bigger and stronger than you.

Silva on the other hand, has completely outclassed all of his opponents at their strongest game, he outstruck Griffin, Submitted Lutter, knocked out Franklin twice, ect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ya GSP needs to go up to 185 but he doesnt want to go because he says there's still a lot of "competiton" left in that division. The only top guys are mainly all standup guys who have very minimal ground game. We know how the past 2 fights of standup fighters have gone.

·
Registered
121 Posts
hmm if anderson is p4p nr1 that means he could beat fedor...i'd love to see that good night story though...no disrespect to anderson or anything but fedor would eat him alive..end of story!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm if anderson is p4p nr1 that means he could beat fedor...i'd love to see that good night story though...no disrespect to anderson or anything but fedor would eat him alive..end of story!
For starters, pound for pound has nothing to do with being able to beat a fighter that is two weight classes above you.

Second, what exactly makes you think that Anderson Silva couldn't beat Fedor? I have a feeling that if they fought, Silva might actually be the favorite on the books, hell, I'd bet on him

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Dana's response to why GSP shouldn't go to middleweight, "because he's a huge ******* star and I don't want to see him go to 85, he's doing just fine at 170" ?????

Dana's actual reasoning includes him not wanting to see it happen.

Dana either thinks that GSP will lose at MW and tarnish his status, or wants him around to keep the WW division interesting. Also, does it mean that he thinks Silva isn't a 'huge ******* star' and needs to jump weight for the novelty of it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dana's response to why GSP shouldn't go to middleweight, "because he's a huge ******* star and I don't want to see him go to 85, he's doing just fine at 170" ?????

Dana's actual reasoning includes him not wanting to see it happen.

Dana either thinks that GSP will lose at MW and tarnish his status, or wants him around to keep the WW division interesting. Also, does it mean that he thinks Silva isn't a 'huge ******* star' and needs to jump weight for the novelty of it?
Silva could be a top 3 LHW no problem, beat alot of guys at HW and GSP would struggle with the bigger, stronger fighters at 185 I think was the essence of what he was saying, and I think he's right on.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Silva could be a top 3 LHW no problem, beat alot of guys at HW and GSP would struggle with the bigger, stronger fighters at 185 I think was the essence of what he was saying, and I think he's right on.
Personally I think it's too risky for the UFC. If GSP goes up to MW and beats AS...where does that leave AS? Sure it would do wonders for GSP's status, but it seems people are fed up with his style so it could hurt PPV's that don't have huge co-main events.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Agreed, Dana said Anderson could fight at HW, and that is one fight I have never thought of before but would be ******* awesome, I too believe Fedor would beat Anderson, and even if Fedor is past his best days it dont mean shit he is still has the most impressive record in MMA which makes him the best who ever was and nothing Dana can say can take that away from him.

Before Dana criticises Fedor he should look at his own HW championship, gifting the title on a plate to Brock after an impressive UFC record of 1:1 was a joke, I still and have always believed that ANY true HW in the UFC could of taken the belt from Randy (been a natural LHW) it was just a matter of who got the chance, I laughed the other night when Brock said to Carwin that he was wearing a fake belt, I coudl not help but think that if I was Carwin there I would not of been able to resist saying, this belt is more real than yours look who had to work harder to earn it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fedor hasn't fought anyone in years the only people that thinks he is number one are people that read way too much into facts.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Dana would also argue that Brock belongs at the top of the heavy weight rankings list.

Right now, for me, it's a toss up between Anderson and Fedor for the #1 p4p fighter spot. GSP is real close too, but I want to see him get a knockout to solidify first. Not because I only like stand-up battles, but because I want GSP to have full confidence in every part of his game.

Most of the time I don't like listening to Dana and this is one of those times. As you can see Dana is always right. I would not want to discuss MMA with Dana because he clearly can only see things from one point of view.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Firstly, that isn't what he said, and the 'essence' of what he means is very subjective.

Secondly, we will never know if GSP can contend in the MW division until he's given a fight there. Silva had chance fighting a lower tier fighter first.

Who exactly in the MW division would be 'too much' for GSP anyway? Maia is currently contending for the title. If you think Maia is too much to handle for GSP you are delusional. Akiyama, Belcher, Cote, Kendall Grove, Bisping, Sonnen etc are you saying the outcome of these fights is academic? Don't you find these fights more interesting than any other prospects at WW?

The point isn't to have GSP be necessarily dominant in the MW division but to make interesting fights for himself and his competitors. How much whining has there been that nobody in WW can contend with GSP's takedowns? That all his fights are boring now because of his dominance? Give him some middleweights to challenge him then.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I think there are still possible challenges for GSP at WW, the names Paul Daley and Paulo Thiago both come to mind, especially Thiago, I'm really hoping he can keep improving, I think he did a good job of defending himself against Fitch, he strikes me as a smart fighter who hopefully learned something in the Fitch fight which could prove to be good preparation for facing GSP.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Lol having the loudest mouth doesnt mean you are right,

I would bet my house if UFC bought feodor instead of SF

Dana white would go '' best p4P fighter in the world takin a test of his life blablabla'' its politics

Put Bas Rutten in place of Arielwani and he would shut Dana white off.

The only 2 things that stop me from puttin A Silva instead of fedor

1st A. SIlva"s losses
2nd fedor would proly win , even Silva stated that

1 - 20 of 52 Posts