Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://latestmmanewsnow.wordpress.c...-beat-by-a-guy-who-couldnt-cut-it-in-the-ufc/

UFC president Dana White was one of many who watched as Fedor suffered his first defeat in ten years to the heavily decorated Brazillian Jiu-Jistu practitioner Fabricio Werdum. White who has been very vocal on his thoughts of the Russian heavyweight claimed he felt vindicated while on tour for UFC 116.

“I’ve been saying it for years, Fedor is not a top 10 heavyweight. He just got beat by a guy who couldn’t cut it in the UFC in the first round. There’s at least 10 fighters in the UFC right now who would beat Fedor even worse.”

Despite the harsh criticism White stated he would still be willing to offer the former WAMMA champion a new contract if he wishes to sign on with the UFC.

“Tell you what, if he wants to sign with the UFC now, the previous contract where I offered him an insane amount of money is off the table. I’ll give him a new contract, 20K to show and 20K to win. If he doesn’t accept it, too bad.”

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Dana is talking out of his arse. He's extremely biast when it comes to Fedor. Fedor not top 10? Please. The draw and numbers he'd bring in, and Dana insults him (I'm sure it's meant to be an insult as well) with a 20k+20k purse? lol.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
You tell 'em Dana. While I don't agree that he has 10 people who can beat him, I think that he does deserve a shot in the UFC. However this contract would give him ten times less money for a win than what he got for his loss.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
20K+20K? LOL

I think Dana White is talking out of his ass here.

I think the top 3-5 UFC would have a CHANCE at beating Fedor.

Definitely no gimmie fights vs Fedor.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I would really like to see Dana list the 10 fighters he thinks can beat Fedor. The UFC's big 4 and I could see him saying Mir, maybe Randy but then who? Maybe if hes counting none heavyweights and throws in Anderson and Shogun.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Lmso... i wish Dana would be willing to make a challenge out of this.

Something like this.

You come to the UFC for 10 fights.. i you win 5 of those we will co promote with you but if you lose 5 of those then you fight for 20k a fight. :thumb02:

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Trust Dana to show prove once again that he is a complete ass hole, I think the sport is better off without him this is why I hope SF continues to grow and one day takes that top stop, because I believe in co-promotion and SF show they are willing to work on an even playing field with other creditable MMA promotions from around the world which is how it should be.

Dana has no honour, the guy makes me sick, I would love for everyone to boycott UFC PPV events and just watch them via download or live internet streaming, there are many title fights in the UFC that hold no credit, Brock vs Randy been the No.1, Mia vs Silva was another, and why is Gary Maynard not fighting Edgar for the title, instead we have a rubber match, what an asshole.

Does this dick really have to be the most important figurehead of MMA, god I hope not for ever, MMA deserves better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Trust Dana to show prove once again that he is a complete ass hole, I think the sport is better off without him this is why I hope SF continues to grow and one day takes that top stop, because I believe in co-promotion and SF show they are willing to work on an even playing field with other creditable MMA promotions from around the world which is how it should be.

Dana has no honour, the guy makes me sick, I would love for everyone to boycott UFC PPV events and just watch them via download or live internet streaming, there are many title fights in the UFC that hold no credit, Brock vs Randy been the No.1, Mia vs Silva was another, and why is Gary Maynard not fighting Edgar for the title, instead we have a rubber match, what an asshole.

Does this dick really have to be the most important figurehead of MMA, god I hope not for ever, MMA deserves better.
1. Why should "Gary" Maynard get a title shot? Just like the Shogun/Machida fight, the decision of Edgar/Penn was very controversial in many peoples eyes, and that's why there is a rematch.
2. Strikeforce will NEVER be any bigger than they are now, and what they are now is a 2nd rate promotion with 2nd rate fighters.
3. People boycotting the ppv is about as good of an idea as boycotting buying gas on a certain day: it'll never happen.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Dana knows full well Fedor is a top heavyweight, it just doesn't do his business any good to admit it. Let Dana talk crap, he knows as well as the rest of us that Fedor would own the majority of UFC heavyweights, and Werdum in a rematch.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
2. Strikeforce will NEVER be any bigger than they are now, and what they are now is a 2nd rate promotion with 2nd rate fighters.
why is that so if SF continue to grow, why are so many so called MMA fans just UFC fans, do you think it would be better or worse for the sport to have a number one promotion that was willing to co-promote and work with other promotions, or do you really think its good for the world of MMA to have its biggest promotion discredit and try to use its power to sink other MMA organisations.

The sport will never grow as long as its biggest organisation use its power to hurt other MMA promotions, why the UFC is doing is selfish and hurts the sport and its sick how many people who clam to be MMA fans condone its actions.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Of course Fedor isn't in the top 10. Why would a guy with an unimpressive 31-2 record be in the top 10?:sarcastic12:

But seriously: WTF DANA!!!! You're not a shitty fighter after you lose ONE fight in TEN years! Guy just make me sick. If I were Fedor I wouldn't sign with the UFC after all the shit that Dana has said about him.

Reactions: Majortom505
1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.