Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
lmao this just confirms what I always thought about Dana, that he's a wannabe tough guy gangster because he feels complexed by all these guys that could kick his ass. Inside he's just a geeky suburban white kid who happened to get lucky with buying a good idea at the right time.

Still, I wish he'd stayed who he was ... much nicer.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
lmao this just confirms what I always thought about Dana, that he's a wannabe tough guy gangster because he feels complexed by all these guys that could kick his ass. Inside he's just a geeky suburban white kid who happened to get lucky with buying a good idea at the right time.

What does him being white have to do with anything?

And lucky? Hardly, the UFC and MMA has not seen the success it has through luck, it's due to him having vision and pushing the sport forward in all the right ways.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hahahaha Gold

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Wow, he has hair, and he's wearing a tie... I really like Dana, people rag on him, but he says what he feels and we owe him for how popular MMA has become.

·
Registered
285 Posts
hahahhahaha dana actually had hair, I'm in shock.. I prefer today's dana

·
Registered
274 Posts

That interview is almost 10 years ago. You can tell he was uncomfortable on camera and not used to talking into a microphone. Since then he has put in a huge amount of work and overcame a lot of adversity (whenever he gets up, shit happens) and has had a lot of success in his career. He is a success story.

10 years is a lot of time, enough to change very deep. He may have been a wannabe tough guy, but after 10 years of living the life... he probably became one.

·
Banned
439 Posts
haha, Dana might be a wanna be tough guy in the streets but he'l put a beating on your ass when it's time for business. There's nothing lucky with what Dana and co did, there were other MMA orgs back then but did not have the proper money backing and business sense that Dana had.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
What's all this about Dana being a wanabe tough guy?

He talks a big game but that doesn't mean he thinks he's some tough guy. He's serious about business and hates anyone opposing him, it may be alpha male type reactions but he isn't out to act like he's the hardest thing since Tyson.

Still, he used to box and is pretty stacked so i'm sure if it came to it he could flatten most of those who he ever argues with, minus fighters obviously. But anyway, it doesn't matter, people exaggerate about him trying to act tough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts