Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His fight Vs Anthony Johnson is my best!!

Daniel Cormier Vs Anthony Johnson Highlights
Posted By: AngelsPhysiquePosted date: May 09, 2016In: Mixed Martial ArtsNo Comments
Daniel Cormier vs Anthony Johnson Highlights, coming to you by ChrisAngelsTv!

It has been a long time, since the glorious days of Kevin Randleman, to watch an MMA fighter with the power of Anthony Johnson.

He stoned Daniel Cormier in the first round with a really strong right, to the point that it seemed really impossible for Cormier to keep going. For us that have watched Cormier fighting though, it was a possible scenario.

Indeed, Cormier took some really strong punches and some high kicks right on his face, but he kept wrestling and pushing back, to the point that he made Anthony Johnson to run out of breath.

It did not take too long, and in the middle of the third round, Cormier managed to take Johnson down and relentlessly punched him on the face and managed to choke him.

That was the end of the fight, with Daniel Cormier becoming the new light heavyweight UFC champion of the world.
Click here in case that you want to check out highlights from their fight

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His fight Vs Alexander Gustafsson is my best!!
Uhhh yeah!! That's another piece of arts.. It was just the thing that Johnson was so powerful to the point that I didn't believe in my eyes when DC destroyed him!! Gustafsson is a way better UFC fighter than Johnson though ;)

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts

This was the fight where I saw DC as having really good hands. Big reason why I rank him ahead of Stipe, Cain and Werdum, jab, overhand right, uppercut, hooks...all nasty combine that with his balance and trips.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

This was the fight where I saw DC as having really good hands. Big reason why I rank him ahead of Stipe, Cain and Werdum, jab, overhand right, uppercut, hooks...all nasty combine that with his balance and trips.
Oh yeah that's a nice one mate ;). Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts

Yeah, that opened a lot of eyes. I love his fight against Barnett too actually, just shutting down such a great grappler and outboxing him on the feet, DC just putting everything together that night.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
So, do you think that Dc's fights are not proper wars?
Great performances, but not wars. He pretty much beat everybody soundly up to Bones. Who he then lost soundly to. The Gus fight is the only one you could call a war. It was very competitive. Both fighters came out of that with a lot of pain.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
I think Rumble landed a good shot on him, but yeah Cormier typically dominants, it's why he was able to fight so often. IIRC he was able to just smother Mir and Nelson against the cage.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was super impressed when he took out Josh Barnett. He didn't finish him or anything but I honestly thought there was no way he would win that fight.
Barnett is an absolute beast. Even though Cormier would pass 10 blows and Barnett 1, this 1 did as much damage as Cormier's 10 did, lol!!

·
Administrator
15,525 Posts
Hmm... probably Johnson. That fight was a mystery to me because of how strong Johnson is/how much power he has in those hands. Johnson murders everyone he touches, but DC took his shots, took them well, pushed the pace and dominated. Was an exciting fight to see unfold.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm... probably Johnson. That fight was a mystery to me because of how strong Johnson is/how much power he has in those hands. Johnson murders everyone he touches, but DC took his shots, took them well, pushed the pace and dominated. Was an exciting fight to see unfold.
Totally agreed. When I saw DC taking this bomb and going on, I was more than amazed!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts