Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
It happens respect to Danzig how he handled it very mature.

Bad call but when Wiman said he thought he was out it wasn't as bad of a call as you would think. Understandable anyways.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I see both sides but agree that poor little Mac (Heh) got robbed. Hopefully with the rematch will come a real outcome.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Why cant they just restart the fight?

Poor poor decision..
Ya I know like WTF? Why is it so hard to restart it? I mean I can see why you can't go back on a TKO or something but why not a situation like this? Both guys were ready to go.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
It happens respect to Danzig how he handled it very mature.

Bad call but when Wiman said he thought he was out it wasn't as bad of a call as you would think. Understandable anyways.
True, Yves Lavigne strikes again. At some point you MUST start firing ppl that make this type of mistake over and over.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
I wouldnt give Yves Lavigne such a hard time about it. Sure its unfortunate, sure it was a bad call, but i guess he was worried for the safety of Danzig. We all know the implications of what can happen if a choke is held for a prolonged time after the guy is out.

Yes i know Yves should have spotted the exposed side of his neck and/or given Danzig more time to respond, but i think he panicked.

Bad call yes, but i, and Danzig too, understand why it happened. And big props to Danzig for the way he handled it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wouldnt give Yves Lavigne such a hard time about it. Sure its unfortunate, sure it was a bad call, but i guess he was worried for the safety of Danzig. We all know the implications of what can happen if a choke is held for a prolonged time after the guy is out.

Yes i know Yves should have spotted the exposed side of his neck and/or given Danzig more time to respond, but i think he panicked.

Bad call yes, but i, and Danzig too, understand why it happened. And big props to Danzig for the way he handled it.
I don't agree. Panic should have never entered the equation. Danzig was in the choke for more than 15+ seconds. That was plenty of time for Yvel to wonder over and get a good view. He should have hustled over as soon as the choke looked tight. It's his job to determine whether the fighter is in danger. He failed. Period.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
Absolute bullshit call. Yves should be done. Seriously. As a ref you DO NOT let fighters influence your decision with your words unless they're screaming tap. I feel bad too because Mac seriously looked ready to go and he looked good in the begining. Horseshit call.

EDIT: Also, I know Dana has no say in the NSAC reffing and who they hire/fire but I'm sure he could tell the NSAC that Yves cannot referee fights in the UFC ever again.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
I understand mistakes but its not like its Yves Lavigne's first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, you get my point. When he's a judge his scorecard is wack and when he's a ref he's made some big mistakes as well.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.