Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
The difference in those two pictures does not prove that he was juicing. First of all, he was already utilizing his muscles throughout the fight which is one reason that he would look a bit larger. The same reason why when someone curls at the gym, their biceps may be a bit larger looking than usual.

Also, he looks like he is flexing in the picture on the right as opposed to the picture on the left where he is in a relaxed pose. We also don't know if he was training when the one on the left was taken which means he wouldn't be in as good of shape as he would right after a fight.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Can you post at what time Camarillo said he thought Alves was on the juice? I watched the video but maybe I missed it?

The closest thing I heard was that he said Alves had "unnatural strength"... but in the context, he wasn't implying that there was something suspect about Alves' strength - it was phrased as more of a compliment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't realize saying someone is unnaturally strong is the same as accusing them of doing steroids or being on PEDs thanks guy ...

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Strikeforce or another promotion should legalize steroids under the condition that fighters document their banned substance abuse to gain a greater understanding of how it influences their health.

It would give them an advantage over promotions like the UFC which do not allow banned substances.

And, it would put a stop to all the un-substantiated complaining.

Win/win/win.

Best possible scenario -- they legalize steroid use, and all the roided fighters lose their matches, thus proving there is no real benefit to using banned substances.

I think judging by current statistics, fighters who tested positive for banned substances have gone 10-18 in the UFC(10 wins, 18 losses).

There's no real evidence banned substances are an advantage.

·
Shogun
2,105 Posts
The difference in those two pictures does not prove that he was juicing. First of all, he was already utilizing his muscles throughout the fight which is one reason that he would look a bit larger. The same reason why when someone curls at the gym, their biceps may be a bit larger looking than usual.

Also, he looks like he is flexing in the picture on the right as opposed to the picture on the left where he is in a relaxed pose. We also don't know if he was training when the one on the left was taken which means he wouldn't be in as good of shape as he would right after a fight.
This! when the muscle is pumped/flexing it can make a hell of a difference.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Nowhere in the interview does Camarillo say that he believes Alves is on anything. Misleading thread title.
^^ This.
Alves is just a freak of nature. He's a monster at WW. He could easily fight at MW, but he opted for WW for his own reasons. IMO people are pointing fingers just because he is so huge for the WW div.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Alves might be unnaturally big but fitch is unnaturally boring.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
plenty of people in every sport are using PED's,or steroids. people need to stop putting MMA on a pedestal. just look at camarillos face,he nearly smiles when he says it and notice the pause of the interviewer. he is clearly giving a hint about it, it is blatantly obvious.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Strikeforce or another promotion should legalize steroids under the condition that fighters document their banned substance abuse to gain a greater understanding of how it influences their health.

It would give them an advantage over promotions like the UFC which do not allow banned substances.

Win/win/win.

Best possible scenario -- they legalize steroid use, and all the roided fighters lose their matches, thus proving there is no real benefit to using banned substances.

I think judging by current statistics, fighters who tested positive for banned substances have gone 10-18 in the UFC(10 wins, 18 losses).

This might be the most uninformed post I've ever seen. :confused03:

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts

Win/win/win.

except for the fact that the athletic commissions usually do the testing. Then you have the fact when there heath goes to shit the fighters and there families would be suing saying it was pushed on them.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Generally I'd jump to the defense of the fighter, basically taking an "innocent until proven guilty" approach. However, Alves has been caught in the past for using illegal diuretics to cut weight. That casts an ugly shadow on the whole thing.

That being said, I don't think the guy is using juice. These guy shed almost every ounce of body fat before the fight to cut their weight, which makes them look more dramatically cut than your average athlete.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts