Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought UFC is wanting to become the most prestegious fighting promotion out there, they have several fighters with barely any fights or records under 500. What's up with that?

I feel that the organization can afford to make several cuts to their roster.

HW

Matt Mitrione has only had two fights
Zane Fraser he is 0-2 in his career
Patrick Smith is still relatively new
Jon Madsen is new as well
Don't get me started on Brock Lesnar

LHW

Jason DeLucia is 2-2
Art Jimmison has lost his only fight

MW

Trent Jenkins is 0-2
Steve Stienbeiss is 4-3
John Salter I consider new even though it looks like he has potential

WW

Matthew Riddle is 4-1
Amir Salodah is 4-2

I know people have to start somewhere, but you would not put a peewee hockey player in the NHL. UFC is NOT the place for people to develop, it is the place for people to arrive. Or at least that is what the company strives to become.

I do not think these fighters would make people jump up and buy tickets and I am not sure why they are on the payroll.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Lesnar is the most over rated over publicized fighter in UFC history.

4 fights and 3 wins over opponents who aren't even close to being contenders and the UFC is making him the face of the organization. Pathetic.

With that being said, he doesn't deserve to be cut. Not yet at least.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that you just looked at the records of those fighters. You've never actually seen them fight.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
This thread is just terrible!

Amir Saddolah won TUF for starters and his 2 losses are against the stun gun and Johny Hendricks both of whom could be top 5 WWs within 12-18 months!

Also Brock, Riddle and Mitrione were all given a chance by the UFC when they didn't have much experience, you can argue that they shouldn't have got into the UFC so quickly, but since all of them are stringing wins together, you can't really cut them!

Plus the likes of Mitrione and Riddle aren't exactly costing the UFC mega bucks to keep on the roster and Brock is just a cash cow!

·
Registered
302 Posts

4 fights and 3 wins over opponents who aren't even close to being contenders and the UFC is making him the face of the organization. Pathetic.

you're right; mir was never close to being a contender :confused03:

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts

He beat Couture to become HW Champion, and defended it against the number one HW contender at the time, Frank Mir. They were definately contenders when Lesnar beat them.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
well even if they cut all those guys you mentioned, there will be other similarly ranked fighters who take their place.
what I mean by that is not everyone can be an A class fighter like anderson silva or Machida. you are always going to have the jardines, lebens and bonnars of the sport.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
this is SOOOOOO weird... I was just saying to myself today how there really hasn't been a good UFC hate thread in like 20 minutes or so. Way to go out there and be on the ball! good job buddy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mitrione is undefeated and just beat Kimbo Slice. I realize Kimbo sucks but you can't deny his fanfare or following. Why cut someone who just beat someone so popular?

Not sure why I bothered replying consider some of those guys haven't fought in years and you probably just looked at the UFC roster, where they still have Justin Eilers listed I believe, and just pulled some names.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
LMAO...

Jason DeLucia is 2-2
Art Jimmison has lost his only fight

Both these guys were participants in UFC 1-10

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
You guys realize the Patrick Smith fought at UFC 1 and 2 and Art Jimmerson is the boxer Royce beat at UFC 1. Obvious troll attempt.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
you're right; mir was never close to being a contender :confused03:
I didn't say wasn't, I said aren't.

Mir is out of the picture now. That's not because of Brock. Carwin can take the credit for that.

He beat Couture to become HW Champion, and defended it against the number one HW contender at the time, Frank Mir. They were definately contenders when Lesnar beat them.
Couture came out of retirement when he should have just stayed retired. Couture wouldn't stand a chance against any of the top HW's now.

Brock has yet to fight any of the top HW's. Couture and Mir are notable, however not nearly enough given the current level of competition on the HW division.

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
Couture came out of retirement when he should have just stayed retired. Couture wouldn't stand a chance against any of the top HW's now.

Brock has yet to fight any of the top HW's. Couture and Mir are notable, however not nearly enough given the current level of competition on the HW division.
The "current level of competition" has only recently started fighting in the UFC, while Lesnar was in the ******* hospital. :sarcastic12:

Why is it his fault that Dana let him walk right into the championship? You're barking up the wrong tree as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just took from UFC's "official" roster. I know some of these guys are greenhorns but I don't want them beinf whitebelts as well.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
HW

Matt Mitrione has only had two fights
Both of which were in the UFC and won convincingly. He did pretty good on TUF too, which may not "technically" matter to his record but from the POV of someone judging his talent it does, not to mention the nationwide exposure he got which is part of the whole point of TUF. It wouldn't make sense to cut him now. In fact even if he loses badly to the more experienced Beltran it still might not make sense to cut him yet.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
The "current level of competition" has only recently started fighting in the UFC, while Lesnar was in the ******* hospital. :sarcastic12:
Okay? What does that have to do with what I said? What does that have to do with him being over rated and over publicized?

Why is it his fault that Dana let him walk right into the championship? You're barking up the wrong tree as far as I'm concerned.
My point exactly. The UFC is making Brock their poster boy when he's yet to fight any of the most talented guys in this division. IMHO put any of the top 4 in his shoes and they would have that belt to.

But lets just put Brock on the cover of the video game, website, and magazine anyways.

·
The American Dream
586 Posts
Okay? What does that have to do with what I said? What does that have to do with him being over rated and over publicized?

My point exactly. The UFC is making Brock their poster boy when he's yet to fight any of the most talented guys in this division. IMHO put any of the top 4 in his shoes and they would have that belt to.

But lets just put Brock on the cover of the video game, website, and magazine anyways.
Not trying to be an asshole here but, why the hell do you bash Lesnar everytime he is brought up?

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Not trying to be an asshole here but, why the hell do you bash Lesnar everytime he is brought up?
It's cool. I turn into an asshole every time he gets brought up. My reps always go from green to red too.

I can't stand the guy. I feel he's the biggest mistake that the UFC ever made. He is ruining the sport. I hate his style of fighting. I hate the fact that he tries to bring his WWE attitude into MMA. I hate the fans he's brought to this great sport.

When my toothless ******* cousin from Arkansas asks me how Brock's doing in the UFC; you know there's a problem.

Brock get's a hard on from playing the villain. This isn't WWE. Drop the bullshit and maybe I'd have a little bit of respect for you.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts