Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on I thought Lister was a much better striker and had better defense and cardio for a guy that trains with Loiseau and Ortiz. Thats terrible. I can see he gassed after a couple submission attempts but he was gassed comlpetely. His arms were down and everything. Terrible. Maybe not as bad as Kevin Jordan but I expected more from a guy that trains with cardio masters Ortiz and Loiseau.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dean Lister is great. Im sure most of it had to do with losing all that weight, it really takes a toll on the body. Plus all those sub attempts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lister, LOL, what a huge disapointment!! I mean Dana brings in what is supposed to be an easy victory for Dean and he could hardly stand up half way through the 2nd round. His opponent did a fantastic job of defending the subs, I was impressed!

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Yeah, he gassed...but it wasn't totally because him cardio was terrible. I mean, that has a little influence over why it happened - but like he said post-fight, it was mostly attributed to him cutting his weight too quickly. Lister walks around normally at about 205-210, and he quickly made 185. Remember, the first time he competed in the octagon, he fought at 205. Last night - he was at 185. Big difference in weight. It takes a lot out of you, trust me. If you span it out over time, and cut from a weight closer to your weight class - it takes A LOT less out of you. You'll feel much more refeshed & explosive going into competition if you don't rush the entire process of dropping that weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts