Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content7950.html?PHPSESSID=b9f50be85c9338e2cc2b790038bc0565

Cant copy/paste from this site I'm afraid chaps and chapettes.

Sounds like a good fight to me. A great fight in fact. Colour me interested. :)

UFC hits Austin with a middleweight showdown between Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ace Demian Maia and Alan Belcher, plus a rematch between Matt Wiman and Mac Danzig - Wednesday, September 15 live at the Frank Erwin Special Events Center on the campus of the University of Texas in Austin. UFC Fight Club Presale starts Thursday, July 15 at 10am.

Rumored card so far:
- Damian Maia (12-2) vs. Alan Belcher (15-5)
- Mac Danzig (19-8-1) vs. Matt Wiman (12-5)
- Jim Miller (17-2) vs. Gleison Tibau (21-6)
- Cole Miller (16-4) vs. Ross Pearson (11-3)
- Efrain Escudero (13-1) vs. John Gunderson (23-7-1)
- Nick Catone (8-2) vs. Tomasz Drwal (17-3)
- Jared Hamman (11-2) vs. Kyle Kingsbury (8-2)

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I did that in a another thread before^^ but I expect and don't tolerate anything else then a submission victory from Maia here :) IF the fight hits the ground, wich he will!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hmm, I expect Maia will tap him out, but interesting fight nonetheless. Belcher is a big dude and Maia is never in impressive shape, so he might have some difficulty getting "The Talent" to the ground.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
You didn't need to know the thread SJ^^ I just wanted to point out again, that I really wanna see Maia submitting this brown belt. And if he doesn't I will be sad..

I mean Cote nearly caught him.. so I just expect a tap out from Alan ;D

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Very interesting matchup.
Im looking forward to see if Maia added new tricks to his book of gameplans after the Silva fight.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Love this fight, but I am going to go the other way and say I see Belcher via KO. I think Maia still has no TD other than jumping and pulling guard and that Belcher will watch for it. Other than that I think Belcher is years ahead in the striking department and does hit hard.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love this fight, but I am going to go the other way and say I see Belcher via KO. I think Maia still has no TD other than jumping and pulling guard and that Belcher will watch for it. Other than that I think Belcher is years ahead in the striking department and does hit hard.
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? Maia has some nice trips. The Sonnen trip was delicious.

·
Banned
75 Posts
I imagine that if this gets to the ground, then Maia will take home a submission victory. Belcher is talented, but also a bit overrated in my book. If he keeps his distance and throws mid-kicks like he did against Cote to back him off, then I can possibly see Belcher winning this. Anyone else remember the Marquardt fight? That's another possibility here as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts