Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
298 Posts
How can the ref keep stopping the fight due to "too much blood", then wiping off DeWees' face, then letting the fight continue? Each time Ray got the momentum they stopped the fight, let DeWees get cleaned up, then started the fight over. However, Ray didn't try too hard to take it out of the judges hands. When are these guys going to learn that if you leave it up to the judge you are going to lose.

· Premium Member
298 Posts
enoeht said:
That is the rules. The ref was stopping so that the doctor could check the cut. If the doctor saw that the cut was serious (which I thought it was after seeing a couple quarts drain out) he would have stopped the fight. Ray had very little momentum in that entire fight, unless you consider the fact that he was on his back most of the fight. Now, had he connected with that spinning kick at the first of the last round, that would have been a whole new ball game and probably the end of that fight.

At the bottom of your post it says something in another language which
in english says: It is sweet and appropriate to die for one's country, or: It is sweet and fitting to die for the fatherland.

I can't understand why anybody would feel that it would ever be sweet and appropriate or sweet and fitting to die for their country. Now after getting brainwashed by the military to believe that, yeah I could see it. Just a comment, not poking fun.
I think that if the ref has to stop the fight a second time for the doctor to look at a cut, then the fight should be over. By letting the fighter who is cut get cleaned up, you are taking the advantage that the opponent created away from him.

Another translation might be "It is good and right to die for one's country". Yes, I was in the Army but they did not brainwash me. I was willing to die for my country long before I ever talked to a recruiter. I do understand that their are people, potentially yourself, who have no beliefs and stand for nothing other than being "anti-" what others are for. I hope that my enemies believe as you, it would save a lot of trouble and time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.