Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just (tried) to watch the event and it was only listed as being for 2 hours so my PVR shut off right at the beginning of the final bout. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Just (tried) to watch the event and it was only listed as being for 2 hours so my PVR shut off right at the beginning of the final bout. Anyone else have this problem?
Yeah, I added a 15 minute extension just in case and that wasn't enough. Ended after the 2nd rd of the Shields fight, so I had to watch the finish online today.

Didn't really expect a tape delayed show to go over, but whatevs...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Set your DVR options to record 15 minutes after the event ends.

I do this for everything I record as I have been burned a few times in the past.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I added a 15 minute extension just in case and that wasn't enough. Ended after the 2nd rd of the Shields fight, so I had to watch the finish online today.

Didn't really expect a tape delayed show to go over, but whatevs...
Ok...thanks. I am a bit of a PVR noob. I will make sure to add time in the future...but yeah, for a tape delay????

·
Pretty old, apparently
1,484 Posts
Set your DVR options to record 15 minutes after the event ends.

I do this for everything I record as I have been burned a few times in the past.
That wouldn't have done it. I added 30 minutes to mine and I still missed the every end. It quit with about 1:30 left in the last round of the Sheilds Henderson fight. I had started watching it about 30 minutes after the event had began. So skipping through commercials, I was only a few minutes behind when it ended. I was pretty sure of the outcome, unless Henderson had done somethign dramatic in that last 1:30. I switched to live TV hoping to at least verify the winner, and they were just starting the interview with Shields. So I got to see the big finish. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
For all live events I go over 1/2 to 2 hours. Its the only way to cover everything. Same thing with basketball, you never know when overtime could pop up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i always add an extra hour to these events. i don't ever expect it to go that far over, but it's always good to play it safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.