Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little surprised at the lack of fanfare given to the new MW champ at UFC 64. The dude wins in extremely quick and exciting fashion with great technique in boxing and Muay Thai and the crowd hardly has a positive reponse and the UFC people are non existent. Where were the Fertitta brothers? Dana White barely had any fanfare for Silva when h won. He put the belt on him and bounced. Meanwhile Matt Hughes wins at UFC 63 and DW looks like he's ready to kiss his ass. Something to think about?

I think the UFC needs to pay up to get some of the other fighters from around the world and make it truly International when we discuss titles in the UFC.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would be really dissapionted if they strip him of the belt. Silva and franklin are two of my favorite fighters. I think the marketing machine needs to moveover and let the sport grow organically without the politics that seem to be ingrained in the sport.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeh, Dana does hug on Hughes nuts alot, but I think that the reason he skipped town after giving silva the belt had more to do with Silva's lack of mastery of the english language.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
mrbalkie said:
yeh, Dana does hug on Hughes nuts alot, but I think that the reason he skipped town after giving silva the belt had more to do with Silva's lack of mastery of the english language.
I agree, it's hard enough to talk to some one with a bad accent let alone not even able to speak english at all.

I think that Dana will get used to Silva being the champ and love him for the talent that he brings!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
I agree, it's hard enough to talk to some one with a bad accent let alone not even able to speak english at all.

I think that Dana will get used to Silva being the champ and love him for the talent that he brings!
and hug his nuts

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
nickman9000 said:
I really don't think Dana planned on Anderson winning. The belts haven't changed hands in a long time. They've stayed with the posterboys: Chuck, Rich, and Hughs. They brought Anderson in to prove Rich isn't as overrated as everybody says he is. So It kinda makes Dana look like a dumbass. I wouldn't be surprised if they strip him of the belt and make up some bullshit about him violating his cantract.
Dana shouldn't "plan" on anyone winning. he's running an MMA promotion, not a fixed buety conetest. he should be happy whomever wins as long as the fight is exciting. which it was. Dana is a scumbag who has a little too much Vince Machman in his blood.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
nickman9000 said:
I really don't think Dana planned on Anderson winning. The belts haven't changed hands in a long time. They've stayed with the posterboys: Chuck, Rich, and Hughs. They brought Anderson in to prove Rich isn't as overrated as everybody says he is. So It kinda makes Dana look like a dumbass. I wouldn't be surprised if they strip him of the belt and make up some bullshit about him violating his cantract.
if they did that, it would destroy any credibility in the UFC, as well as the sport, as far as american MMA is concerned! honestly, if they did that, i'd stop watching the UFC forever!!!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
612 Posts
pt447 said:
Dana shouldn't "plan" on anyone winning. he's running an MMA promotion, not a fixed buety conetest. he should be happy whomever wins as long as the fight is exciting. which it was. Dana is a scumbag who has a little too much Vince Machman in his blood.
agreed, i really have not 1 good thing to say about dana white.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
I posted something like this before! When ever a Millitech fighter loses his belt (I consider Rich to be Part-time Millitech) the guy who beat them ends up losing it in a [email protected]%t manner. Think about it, Carlos Newton, BJ Penn, and Frank Mir beat Millitech champions and they end up getting screwed. I would not be surprised if Silva loses that title in the same fashion as those guys!

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
Dana White just does what he has to do to get money. Even if it does mean being a **** and other bad stuff.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
I posted something like this before! When ever a Millitech fighter loses his belt (I consider Rich to be Part-time Millitech) the guy who beat them ends up losing it in a [email protected]%t manner. Think about it, Carlos Newton, BJ Penn, and Frank Mir beat Millitech champions and they end up getting screwed. I would not be surprised if Silva loses that title in the same fashion as those guys!
Well I wouldnt say Newton got screwed. If he did it was just by the ref. I doubt Dana predicted that slam. I also doubt Dana had anything to do with Mirs motorcycle wreck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Matt_Serra_Fan said:
Dana White just does what he has to do to get money. Even if it does mean being a **** and other bad stuff.
So I guess that makes it ok then?

Screw that, I'm tired of schmucks like Dana White walking around with their chest all puffed out, but then turn into 6 yo little girls when things don't go their way.

Someone else already hit the nail on the head; Dana was not happy at all Silva won for the simple fact that Silva was brought in to "prove" that one of the UFC's poster boys is actually a good fighter. Guess that didn't work out too well, eh?

RF has been taking quite a bit of criticism that he was a paper champion (and rightfully so, IMO), as most of Dana White's creations are, protected and coddled like the marketing puppets that they are. I mean come on. Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonner are the UFC's "most recognizeable" stars, and are also making tons of $$$ because of the marketing with Spike TV, etc etc etc. When, in reality, what made them so famous? Their skills? They had a 15 minute street brawl for christs sakes. Was it entertaining to watch? Yes, in the same way that any good brawl has the potential for entertainment. But it's pretty sad when those 2 are pimped up to be such "big names" in the UFC (ie North America) when their are fighters throughout the MMA world that put their skills to shame. And, through their contributions/achievements etc etc deserve it ALOT more.

It's pretty sad when the avg. UFC fan knows who Forrest Griffin is, but not someone like Rickson Gracie. These are UFC fans, not mma fans.

Of course when Silva destroyed all of that, White realized that the product he packages and sells as "UFC Champions" was completely destroyed, embarassed even.

Silva, more than anything recently, managed to expose Dana White as a complete joke; he's nothing more than a friggin advertising executive who saw his pet project ripped to shreds.

·
Registered
607 Posts
^ Give this man a prize!

That is exactly what anyone who knows anything about MMA thinks of Dana White, the UFC and their so called "champions".

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
nickman9000 said:

Very possible and not funny lol.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
indecline said:
So I guess that makes it ok then?

Screw that, I'm tired of schmucks like Dana White walking around with their chest all puffed out, but then turn into 6 yo little girls when things don't go their way.

Someone else already hit the nail on the head; Dana was not happy at all Silva won for the simple fact that Silva was brought in to "prove" that one of the UFC's poster boys is actually a good fighter.

RF has been taking quite a bit of criticism that he was a paper champion, as all of Dana White's creations are, protected and coddled like the marketing puppet that he is.

Of course when Silva destroyed all of that, White realized that the product he packages and sells as "UFC Champions" was completely destroyed, embarassed even.

Silva, more than anything recently, managed to expose Dana White as a complete joke; he's nothing more than a friggin advertising executive who saw his pet project ripped to shreds.

Yeah, i love it. Stirs things up!

On a side note, i like what that Jason McDonald said after he beat herman, he said if they brought me in to be someones stepping stone they made a mistake.. I liked that. Because I think they do that a LOT

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dana has an emotional connection to Rich. It's not surprising. What will be surprising if he tries something stupid to strip anderson of the belt.

He can throw whoever he wants anderson's way...that's all fair game. But some contract BS isn't going to happen or he's going to begin to lose his fan base. The best he can hope for is that rich comes back and gets the title back in 8 months.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.