Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Think I Read On Here That Babalu Recently Beat Shogun..i Thought Shoguns Only Loss Was That Cheapy To Coleman..if He Did Beat Him Sum 1 Tell Where When And How This Happened..because That Suprising To Hear That Babalu Beat Shogun
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,807 Posts
u think every pride fighter would just trash every ufc fighter, it makes no sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
After what Shogun did to Overeem and Arona.. Shogun would beat Babalu now. Shogun has improved SOOOOO FKN MUCH same as Wanderlei.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Eminem said:
lol.......

Anyway Shogun would trash Babalu now.
Thats what I thought. 3 years ago Shogun was just a jock and a no namer. Now he's the best light heavyweight in the world. Babulu is 6th ranked light heavyweight in the world. Shogun would beat Babalu nowadays 1st round TKO or submission whichever one he choses. And no Babalu will not beat Chuck (talking to moldy). He will be TKO'd in the first or second round. It took Babalu two rounds to finally beat Travis Wiuff :laugh: and thats just sad. He's simply over rated and should not be sixth ranked but he should get a title shot just to prove he isn't that good to beat Chuck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dunno man after watching that fight i kinda lose alot of respect for shogun...he did nothing...not aggresive very passive...if u look at the film of that fight and the film af chuck and babalu u would thin kchuck would kill shogun but i know shogun is better now but how much better could he have gotten..i gotta say that i think chuck would beat shogun if they faught..great fight tho
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
111 Posts
jdun11 said:
i dunno man after watching that fight i kinda lose alot of respect for shogun...he did nothing...not aggresive very passive...if u look at the film of that fight and the film af chuck and babalu u would thin kchuck would kill shogun but i know shogun is better now but how much better could he have gotten..i gotta say that i think chuck would beat shogun if they faught..great fight tho
Shogun wasn't as good then as he is now....it's like that for every fighter so for you to say that is wrong
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
495 Posts
Back in 03 he wasn't the same,Did anyone see him destroy Arona Overeem and Rampage Jackson????First round TKO's he made Rampage look like an amature.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Eminem said:
Back in 03 he wasn't the same,Did anyone see him destroy Arona Overeem and Rampage Jackson????First round TKO's he made Rampage look like an amature.
Yeah, nowadays Mauricio is awesome I want him to fight Wanderlei, suprised it hasn't happened yet. In 2003 he was a jock just like any other opponent Babalu has beaten.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
131 Posts
Rush said:
Yeah, nowadays Mauricio is awesome I want him to fight Wanderlei, suprised it hasn't happened yet. In 2003 he was a jock just like any other opponent Babalu has beaten.
Is there an echo in here?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea ive seen shogun a bunch of times and he is great...but watchin him vs.babalu was awful..wat was he doing? not too much...i would love to see him fight either chuck or wandy..do u think dana will ever let chuck go back to pride to fight eithere wandy or shogun...and shogun had gotta be the best mma nickname!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
495 Posts
Yeah, nowadays Mauricio is awesome I want him to fight Wanderlei, suprised it hasn't happened yet. In 2003 he was a jock just like any other opponent Babalu has beaten
Yeah id love to see that battle,Although they are good friends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
jdun11 said:
yea ive seen shogun a bunch of times and he is great...but watchin him vs.babalu was awful..wat was he doing? not too much...i would love to see him fight either chuck or wandy..do u think dana will ever let chuck go back to pride to fight eithere wandy or shogun...and shogun had gotta be the best mma nickname!!
Well back then Shogun was 21 years old and didnt have many fights. In the other hand, Babalu was older and more experienced just look at his mma record by that time, he had like 24-25 fights.

Shogun in this last 3 years has improved dramatically, he has gotten better in his cardioshape, strikes, takedowns. He is to me the most complete Middleweight/LH fighter in the world right now. He just has so much potential!!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top