Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my friend on this forum (Brownpimp88) he told me that Rich Franklin was once fired from UFC after losing to Ryoto Machida at a Japanese PRIDE qualification show. So I did a research on Rich Franklins fight finder and it looks like he was. He had a long period of time not fighting in the UFC after UFC 44. Anyone have any sources? Thanks.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
HA, I don't know about that but I don't remember hearing Joe Rogan or Mike Goldberg ever mentioning that in his fight against Edwin Dewees, which would have been his first UFC fight since his loss to Ryoto. You would think that something would be mentioned like "this is Rich Franklin's first fight since leaving the Octagon from his loss to Ryoto Machida" or something like that you know? I've seen this fight many many times and I can't help but to listen to commentator's and this doesn't ring a bell to me. Could be wrong though just giving my opinion. I don't think the Machida vs. Franklin fight had anything to do with PRIDE either. Interesting question though.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone told me that Franklin .vs. Machida was a qualifying house show for PRIDE. And Edwin Dewees was Franklins last fight in the UFC before losing to Machida. He returned at UFC 49 or 50 I believe when Dana probably resigned him after firing him.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Oh yea good point about the Dewees fight my bad. Haha maybe that's why I don't remember it being mentioned:laugh:

You could be right about the fact that is was a PRIDE fight, but I never heard that before, just bored and replying to an interesting post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts