Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
don't claim to know exact scoring methods of UFC.... but Alessio fighting diego sanchez.... it was like watching Ali dance aroud Sonny Liston... he blocked every chute he attempted.... i dont see how that one ref gave all three rounds to diego.... is he living off of his TV popularity... would like to hear everyones opinion

·
Registered
80 Posts
I Don't Know How They Publicized That Fight It Sucked.neither Fighter Took Control.yo Should Size Your Opponent Up Immediately Neither Fighter Looked Like They Wanted To Get Hurt.so Why Go In The Ring.its Not Wrestling Only.the Only Fight I Didn't Like Of The Whole Night Was This One.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
After watching the fight i have to say that when diego jumped on him in the last round that the fight should've been stopped and they should've been thrown out of the ring. That how kindergarten kids fight. What do they call that the flying monkey but candle? It was rediculous

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was impressed with John being able to stand with him on his back walking over to his corner and talking to Horn.
Dear Diego,
Abandon the butt monkey on the back move! Not effective. You looked stupid.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah i was pissed that they aired that fight instead of the jeremy horn fight. I like watching horn kick the shit out of people. LOL. His fight with Dean Lister on the KOTC Underground dvd is pretty good in my opinion, happy to see Lister in UFC as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I liked Diego in TUF but now im starting to dislike him when he fought in TUF he was very aggressive and brutal with his ground and pound now he seem to have lost his fire so all thats left is a boring fighter with the worst entrance music ive ever heard, its a shame he showed so much potential now everyone hates him.

·
Registered
213 Posts
yes diago sucks ass and whats with the hair the guy looks like a white mexican wanabe i olso liked im in tuf he was brutal and he drew energy from mother nature he was cool and a little weird but he fought like a demon NOW he fights of poeples backs has the most horrifing intro music i have ever heard and is a basic borin fighter SUCH A SHAME

·
Registered
21 Posts
And here I thought I was the only one who thought Diego was greatly overated and living off his TV popularity. The fight against Allessio was quite one sided and not in favor of the winner of the fight.

·
Banned
495 Posts
don't claim to know exact scoring methods of UFC.... but Alessio fighting diego sanchez.... it was like watching Ali dance aroud Sonny Liston... he blocked every chute he attempted.... i dont see how that one ref gave all three rounds to diego.... is he living off of his TV popularity... would like to hear everyones opinion
Sanchez took his back and got a take down..He was also pushing the action

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Sanchez sat on Alessio's back for like 2 minutes and he couldn't get a submission. The guy clearly needs work.

I'm not saying that he won't be good, but if he tried that on a really good fighter, he would get his ass slammed and KOd.

·
Banned
495 Posts
HE won that fight in my eyes.....

Al would back up and throw Jabs Sanchez was coming forward the enitre time (Took him down) ANd has his back

HE WON THE FIGHT

·
Registered
222 Posts
Rush said:
Diego Sanchez is over hyped like anyone else that wins Ultimate Fighter. His first matches while coming to UFC such as Kenny Florian and Brian Gassaway were great domination but now he is over hyped. That match against Alessio he should have lost and they gave him decision because he's UFCs golden boy. I hope Parisyan beats him at UFC 62 (rumors have circulated this) but I doubt it because I believe he will win by unanimous decision once again by those judges.

I have been impressed with Kenny Florian since TUF and not impressed with Sanchez. It would be interesting to see a rematch of the Sanchez/Florian match. Maybe it would end the same way, maybe Florian opens him up with an elbow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think he is a very good fighter, I personally just dont like his attitude and the way he talks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts