Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
He is annoying definitely. All he says in the whole show is future events coming up. "UFC 64, October Franklin .vs. yeah yeah yeah". I can't believe people always on this forum hate Joe Rogan but then no mention of Mike Goldberg being two times worse. Rogan is quite good I don't know why people hate him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no problem with Rogan but I cant stand "Goldie" Goldberg just plugs stuff and states the obvious and half the time he is wrong. I'd rather have Randy Corture and Joey Roggs (Rogan) than Mike Goldberg anyday.

·
Registered
215 Posts
He plugs it because he has to. If he likes his job then he'll do what the producers tell him to do. Rogan is no better or worse at stating the obvious than Goldberg. It's all marketing. There's only so much a MMA announcer can do and I'm sure both Rogan and Goldberg are the most qualified people for the job. Although Frank Mir would give them a run for their money.

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Rogan knows his shit but just says dumb crap all the time.

He gets overly excited about something like when he goes "He's got an armbar! This is trouble!", and in a split second he escapes the submission.

Goldberg sucks too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Quadros should be there instead of Goldie, since hes more knowledgeable about the fight game, but really i dont mind him....its not his fault that he needs to plug UFC stuff all the time...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Everyone really needs to STFU.

They are there to say what you are thinking in your head, out loud.

The newer fans, and first time viewers, arent as experienced as you. Its their job to make it understandable to all viewers. How would you feel in the middle of a BJJ tournament, and you had no idea what anything was?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.