Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if you do here is a interview with his Strength and Conditioning coach from NJ Joe DeFranco. I think he did a great job in his fight even though he lost he still put up one hell of a fight!! Here is what Joe had to say about Dan..

For Interview click here

·
Banned
525 Posts
I think he did a great job in his fight even though he lost he still put up one hell of a fight!![/URL]
How does not being able to do anything, at all, constitute, "putting up one hell of a fight"? If you really think he did a great job in his GSP fight, then you should probably stick to your Professional Wrestling because it requires no knowledge of fighting to be entertaining.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nope, don't like Dan Hardy. Also didn't think he put up ANY fight whatsoever against GSP. As I said before he was gifted that title shot, plain and simple.

If you really think he did a great job in his GSP fight, then you should probably stick to your Professional Wrestling because it requires no knowledge of fighting to be entertaining.
Why was this even said? There was no need to take a shot at Pro Wrestling or someone who enjoys it. It wasn't even a part of the question that the thread starter asked. It was just a way to insult Pro Wrestling fans.

Lame.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Yes I do. I think that he learned that he has a ways to go before he can be a danger to the champ, but I like watching his fights, and I find his personality to be very likable.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Hardy should only get respect for showing heart and not tapping when most others would. He showed nothing in that fight, He claims his standup is so much better but he didnt even let his hands go...he just waited to be taken down.

Alves put up a better fight then Hardy did, and he sure didnt get the praise Hardy is getting.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
GSP shuts down all his opponents, so Hardy being completely stiffed isn't as detrimental to his reputation as it should be. I can't name the last person who's given post-Serra, GSP any kind of competition.

Hardy showed tenacity the entire fight, whereas, a lot GSP's opponents get the "I quite" look in their eyes by round 2-3 after they get dry humped by GSP's TD's over & over. I hardly knew who Dan Hardy was prior to his GSP fight, but I liked his tenacity. I'll root for him in future fights.

·
Senior Member.
324 Posts
GSP shuts down all his opponents, so Hardy being completely stiffed isn't as detrimental to his reputation as it should be. I can't name the last person who's given post-Serra, GSP any kind of competition.

Hardy showed tenacity the entire fight, whereas, a lot GSP's opponents get the "I quite" look in their eyes by round 2-3 after they get dry humped by GSP's TD's over & over. I hardly knew who Dan Hardy was prior to his GSP fight, but I liked his tenacity. I'll root for him in future fights.
The only thing Hardy did in the whole fight was not tap and lay on his back? Hardy looked amateur at best in this fight.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
On topic Hardy did show great cardio just needs to work on his overall game.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I want Hardy to fall down the ladder, I have never seen a fighter say so many good things about himself after a big onesided loss like that.

At least Tito blames his cracked skull and doesnt praise himself further.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Don't like Dan Hardy. Never have, never will. I never see him beating any of the top WWs and see him eventually being cut.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I kinda do like Hardy. I was rooting for him slightly on UFC 111 even though I knew he didn't have much of a chance.

Besides dudes tough as nails.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Is Dan Hardy tough? sure...
We all give him respect for not tapping.

Did Dan Hardy prove that he deserved a title shot? HELL NO!
He got dominated from beginning to end. He didn't threaten GSP for even 1 second.
It's like he didn't even try to win the fight.

Being tough and being a good fighter are two very different things...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts