Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Do you like Dan Hardy?

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Don$ukh 
#1 ·
Well if you do here is a interview with his Strength and Conditioning coach from NJ Joe DeFranco. I think he did a great job in his fight even though he lost he still put up one hell of a fight!! Here is what Joe had to say about Dan..

For Interview click here

#2 ·
I think he did a great job in his fight even though he lost he still put up one hell of a fight!![/URL]
How does not being able to do anything, at all, constitute, "putting up one hell of a fight"? If you really think he did a great job in his GSP fight, then you should probably stick to your Professional Wrestling because it requires no knowledge of fighting to be entertaining.

#5 ·
Nope, don't like Dan Hardy. Also didn't think he put up ANY fight whatsoever against GSP. As I said before he was gifted that title shot, plain and simple.

If you really think he did a great job in his GSP fight, then you should probably stick to your Professional Wrestling because it requires no knowledge of fighting to be entertaining.
Why was this even said? There was no need to take a shot at Pro Wrestling or someone who enjoys it. It wasn't even a part of the question that the thread starter asked. It was just a way to insult Pro Wrestling fans.

Lame.

#12 ·
Hardy should only get respect for showing heart and not tapping when most others would. He showed nothing in that fight, He claims his standup is so much better but he didnt even let his hands go...he just waited to be taken down.

Alves put up a better fight then Hardy did, and he sure didnt get the praise Hardy is getting.

#13 ·
GSP shuts down all his opponents, so Hardy being completely stiffed isn't as detrimental to his reputation as it should be. I can't name the last person who's given post-Serra, GSP any kind of competition.

Hardy showed tenacity the entire fight, whereas, a lot GSP's opponents get the "I quite" look in their eyes by round 2-3 after they get dry humped by GSP's TD's over & over. I hardly knew who Dan Hardy was prior to his GSP fight, but I liked his tenacity. I'll root for him in future fights.

#19 ·
I kinda do like Hardy. I was rooting for him slightly on UFC 111 even though I knew he didn't have much of a chance.

Besides dudes tough as nails.

#20 · (Edited)
Is Dan Hardy tough? sure...
We all give him respect for not tapping.

Did Dan Hardy prove that he deserved a title shot? HELL NO!
He got dominated from beginning to end. He didn't threaten GSP for even 1 second.
It's like he didn't even try to win the fight.

Being tough and being a good fighter are two very different things...

#21 ·
A lot of respect has been given to Hardy for not tapping (understandable) but if it was applied correctly the arm would have been broken. Tapping would have shown heart, but because it never broke tells us that GSP made some errors here.

An arm bar is taught to be as painful in the shortest amount of time possible. Not tapping you can control, but if it's applied correctly you can't control your arm from breaking.

The way I look at it is if you don't tap in 1-5 seconds (this being a perfect arm bar) your arm breaks and the fight is over anyways. Thus, GSP's fault in making the errors.

Credits to Hardy for not tapping. But truthfully; if it was applied correctly - tapping wouldn't matter, because the arm would be broken and that would have resulted in a stoppage.

You can only control pain for a certain period of time before you body has to react to it.

#22 ·
I really like the guy. I think a lot of the arrogant things he says are slightly "tongue in cheek". He always has a sly little smile on his face when he's saying something cocky. He's also a very intelligent and interesting guy, just as happy talking about fine art as much as discussing the finer points of smashing someone's face in. I read a cool little story about him last month which made me like him even more.

For his art degree he did a performance piece, setting up a perspex screen in front of a heavy bag. He then preceded to pummel the bag bare fisted for about four hours, taking intermittent breaks to smear the resulting blood and sweat on the perspex screen. He then submitted the screen as his finished piece of artwork.

Awesome! :thumb02:

#23 ·
For his art degree he did a performance piece, setting up a perspex screen in front of a heavy bag. He then preceded to pummel the bag bare fisted for about four hours, taking intermittent breaks to smear the resulting blood and sweat on the perspex screen. He then submitted the screen as his finished piece of artwork.

Awesome! :thumb02:
Wow I dont know what to say.
The Outlaw certainly has a very interesting mindset. Would of liked to have a beer with the guy when he used to drink. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.