Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
He's mad because Anderson Silva just created more work for him! Rich Franklin was the number 1 middleweight in the UFC and Anderson demolished him! Now Dana has to start looking for other middleweights that can handle Silva. That means dishing out more money to the fighters!

Reactions: attention

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bonnar426 said:
He's mad because Anderson Silva just created more work for him! Rich Franklin was the number 1 middleweight in the UFC and Anderson demolished him! Now Dana has to start looking for other middleweights that can handle Silva. That means dishing out more money to the fighters!
look how tight his lips are, he was really pissed. im gonna finda some other pics of him giving some one the belt brb

·
Registered
583 Posts
I really think Dana underestimated Anderson Silva in the first place. He brought him in, and threw him in their vs Chris Leben, who was on a roll at the time and then Anderson crushed him in 49 seconds. Then, once again, Anderson was underestimated and decimated Rich Franklin at UFC 64: Unstoppable. Hopefully Dana now knows what he has and doesn't underestimate Anderson again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
I am going to have to agree with that theory 100%, he was thinking in his mind that, that fight would just be another notch on Franklins belt as he was undefeated and it looked as though no one could touch him, but to Dana's suprise Sliva chewed him up and spat him out, which comes to Dana spending money that he didn't expect to have to on new fighters.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think Dana is much smarter then you guys give credit. He put togeter a good fight with an interesting outcome. And now Franklin vs Silva is the hot topic on EVERY forum. I would guess that Rich losing the belt gives people alot more to talk about.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think he didnt like it at all silva was a Pride guy and he came in took out Leben with ease and then took out the champ like he was a can that cant have him feeling good about sending his fighters to Pride to fight especially his champions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dana knew what kind of a beast Silva was, if he didn't, why would he have just given him a title shot after 1 UFC fight? I think it was more shock of "oh my god, he just destroyed Franklin" than shock of "oh my god, he just won". I don't think anyone was expecting Silva to take it to Franklin like he did.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
AMPLine4Life said:
Dana knew what kind of a beast Silva was, if he didn't, why would he have just given him a title shot after 1 UFC fight? I think it was more shock of "oh my god, he just destroyed Franklin" than shock of "oh my god, he just won". I don't think anyone was expecting Silva to take it to Franklin like he did.

what he said ^

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dana's still a moron. Do you remember he put $100K on Chuck Liddel to win the pride tournament? Is he insane?

Sure Dana knows Silva is awesome; but he's just blinded by his faith in his champs. Not a clever dude.

·
Registered
11 Posts
JWangSDC said:
Dana's still a moron. Do you remember he put $100K on Chuck Liddel to win the pride tournament? Is he insane?

Sure Dana knows Silva is awesome; but he's just blinded by his faith in his champs. Not a clever dude.
It would be really dumb of him to not bet 100k since he is supporting his organization. how would he have looked if he bet 5k on liddell? It be be pathetic if he wagered that kind of money when the UFC name is on th line; means he doesn't think much of his fighter.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think he knew what he was doing. Here is the deal, Franklin is almost at the end of his contract, meanng he must be resigned. Who is cheaper, a champ who is on the roll, or a former champ who just got his shit packed by Silva? Its all about the $$$$$ Silva is cheaper than rich, and rich w/o the belt is cheaper than rich w/ the belt. So why not get an amazing fighter, and not lose any money whatsoever? Good business decisions by Dana

·
Registered
794 Posts
its real simple, Dana like anyone would have been stupid not to think Silva had a strong chance, the issue is not many thought he would kill franklin and thats what happened. SHOCK HORROR, the MMA middleweight picture has changed.

No big deal and i see change is a good thing sometimes, it might wake rich up a bit also, which could be good for the future. Nothin better than a hungry ex champ with a point to prove.

Thats gunna sell some PPV buys down the track.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I'll tell you what's going through Dana's mind right now:

F*CK!

Anderson just destroyed his lineup of All-American champions. Anderson proved that there are a few guys in the Middleweight division who are better that Franklin, and they are alot better. He also proved that americans aren't necessarily the best in the world at everything. That's a shock.

·
LethalLLama
106 Posts
I think it came down to $$$$ Dana is a cheap bastard and knew Silva would beat him(maybe not that bad but still win). With a contract discussion coming up beltless Franklin favors Dana's side of the money alot more. In every division other than welterweight UFC truly doesn't have a lock on it. I Believe every Pride Champ in every other weightclass would demolish every UFC champ.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
are you kidding?

a random picture of dana in motion with his lips pursed and all of sudden he's gotta be pissed?

gimme a break.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.