Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got really skinny legs...this scares the sht out of me...more so than seeing guys die from headshots.

Ever since that fight ive thrown less leg kicks when not wearing pads.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cory hill

No disrespect to Cory Hill. But he should have noticed he was blocking that kick with his knee. You could see it comming a mile away. When I used to train kick boing this guy used to kick me in the side all of the time I would let him do it intentionally 2 or 3 times then block it with my elbows. He broke some bone in his foot then he never did it again. But I set a trap for him. I suppose it could happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry but both posts above me are wrong...

No disrespect to Cory Hill. But he should have noticed he was blocking that kick with his knee. You could see it comming a mile away.
So what? you are saying that Cory hill should actually have STOPPED his kick?? That is stupid! In muay thai we learn to block kick with our knees whenever its possible... you can't just stop a kick when you are already in motion. Not unless you kick in a really wierd and ineffecive way.

When I used to train kick boing this guy used to kick me in the side all of the time I would let him do it intentionally 2 or 3 times then block it with my elbows.He broke some bone in his foot then he never did it again.
First of all, I strongly recommend to kick with your SHIN, not with your foot to avoid that. Also, when kicking the body, you are supposed to come in with your SHIN almost parallel to the ground to avoid hitting your opponent elbows...

Thing is Corey Hill is 6 ft 4 and he was fighting at Lightweight thats why his leg broke. He shouldn't be fighting that low of weight.Just ridiculous
Oh yea, because weight as anything to do with how strong are your bones? Not at all...

I got really skinny legs...this scares the sht out of me...more so than seeing guys die from headshots.
Now that I'm done with those idiots, I'll answer you... You do NOT have to be afraid if you kick CORRECLY. The mistake Corey Hill did in this video was kicking with the MIDDLE part of his shin, which is a very fragile part of your bone... If you kick with the lower part of your shin, as supposed to, its nearly impossible to break it (unless you are already injured or have a serious problem with your shin, but then you shouldn't even be fighting...)

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts
Diet and bone density has a lot to do with it. Corey Hill dropping that much weight to make a lightweight fight at 6'4" could have a ton to do with it. The kick was improperly thrown though if you watch it which also accounts for part of it. The leg kick should be going for the quads and not the calves or lower part of the leg... That makes it WAY too easy to check with your knee throwing a kick that low. Also the kick really wasn't snapped out there from the look of it and was more thrown as a low roundhouse with really shitty form! There are a ton of things that you can take into account for this happening but in the end leg kicks are still extremely effective and can win a fight in a lot of ways. I am not sure if anyone has every tried to walk around after being kicked in the quads 4-5 times but it sucks and your legs start to cramp up pretty fast.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Corey Hill

Thanks for all of the lectures on how to kick and everything, but no one uses perfect form as you mentioned. Look at Corey Hill. He is a professional MMA fighter who fights for the UFC. How many people can say that? A person can kick anyway they want this is MMA, and Yes, for sure you can hurt your leg and break it too or even have an injury even worse than Cory Hills. That hurts for the rest of your life like a knee or ankle or hip joint. This sheaet is dangerous man. Real dangerous like rideing a motorcycle or skateboarding and everything else that is fun. You can get jacked up. for sure!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Meh, I'm new to the forum... I thought that what you call a ''red rep'' was just like a thumbs down on youtube, and I don't really care about your post, I was just experiencing things. If I did something wrong, then sorry!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Man that shit really does scare me. 2 Weeks ago I was sparring with a buddy of mine after training and I did a poor form kick that wasn't high enough. Blocked by the knee, and immediatelly my leg went numb. I thought something was fractured but fortunately not. I still feel it now. It's probably one thing I'm most paranoid about!

·
Registered
60 Posts
form

maybe mr outdoorsman is right, the form would probably help. just seems like it you raised your leg up and then kicked in a kind of downward motion it might be even worse. like you would telegraph it more. Timeing those kicks and blocking them is very effective though. lets say somene was kicking my left leg with their right foot. I would raise my knee up like on the second video, and also, use my right elbo across my body, for more knees and elbos, and junk for their shin to hit. I broke some guys foot like that. Not an injury like Corry hill or the other video, but it broke something in his foot. Ya, maybe he should have been using his shin, but he miss judged the distance.

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts