Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because no one in the UFC has ever been more of a joke than him. Seriously. I think when hes off time from mixed martial arts he pulls open a little pouch of cocaine and starts using it. Because his best move is a spinning back fist, a disgrace to mixed martial arts and not even mixed martial arts. He lost all of his UFC matches so just went off to other crap organizations like King of the Cage and Ultimate Fighter 4. Remember that Quarry fight? Quarry is a joke but managed to own the drunk Carter. Carter looked like he was on crack in that fight he was swinging randomly and then fell and the ref stopped it. Then before the fight he's like "wha he fights weird, wha he looks weird, oh tha goes shaonie carter out there doing his dam thang". He's an idiot. I hope he never returns to UFC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Lost all his UFC fights? I remember his 'joke' of a spinning backfist sparking Matt Serra out cold, do you?

The biggest joke in recent UFC history is Sean 'The Cannon' Gannon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
What utter shite.

And for a start he's 3-2 in UFC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Ya he's not TERRIBLE, i bet he could beat you lol.

But i really am upset about alot of the fighters in TUF 4 because alot of them like carter are so freakin old that most of them have no chance against young guys like Diego Sanchez and Etc.

I wanted to see guys like Robbie Lawler, Phil Baroni, Dean Lister.
Guys who may have only fought a little in ufc but have the talent to actually put up a damn good fight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
shonie carter would knock you out, hes no joke.....hes in TUF 5....and although he wont win, maybe well get a spinning backfist......and the biggest joke is Wade The Nightmare Shipp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
TUF 4, but i get the point.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh come on I guess no one has the DVD of UFC 53 Heavy Hitters and what a joke he is. If he comes back into UFC and gets into non-prelim matches like before I definitely don't want to watch UFC ever again. Nobody remembers him being owned by Pat Miletich and Nate Quarry. A spinning back fist is a disgrace to MMA. A spinning back kick isn't but a fist is. Your supposed to punch normally. Plus he looked drunk or high in half of his fights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Spartan said:
Oh come on I guess no one has the DVD of UFC 53 Heavy Hitters and what a joke he is. If he comes back into UFC and gets into non-prelim matches like before I definitely don't want to watch UFC ever again. Nobody remembers him being owned by Pat Miletich and Nate Quarry. A spinning back fist is a disgrace to MMA. A spinning back kick isn't but a fist is. Your supposed to punch normally. Plus he looked drunk or high in half of his fights.
I did not see the fight but the question to ask.. if he used a spinning back fist is.. did it work? Hey Can we get some video tape on this fight... where the video guy when you need him....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Don said:
I did not see the fight but the question to ask.. if he used a spinning back fist is.. did it work? Hey Can we get some video tape on this fight... where the video guy when you need him....
In my UFC 53 DVD Shaonie Carter fights Nate Quarry in a prelim match. Then in the actual match he misses his spinning back fist lol. Then Quarry throws bombs against him in the cage and his defense is terrible. Then he tries to throw a couple fists back Carter but falls down like a drug addict and the referee stops it. Rogan is like "he was dazed" but I thought he was on drugs. Someone get the fight both fighters suck its just so funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Spartan said:
In my UFC 53 DVD Shaonie Carter fights Nate Quarry in a prelim match. Then in the actual match he misses his spinning back fist lol. Then Quarry throws bombs against him in the cage and his defense is terrible. Then he tries to throw a couple fists back Carter but falls down like a drug addict and the referee stops it. Rogan is like "he was dazed" but I thought he was on drugs. Someone get the fight both fighters suck its just so funny.
sounds interesting to see.. cause I was gonna say if the spinning back fist was effective.. why make fun of a move that worked... It can be fairly effective in most cases though unless you can generate alof of power the move is highly diminnished by the gloves...
 

·
canadian champ
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Spartan said:
Oh come on I guess no one has the DVD of UFC 53 Heavy Hitters and what a joke he is. If he comes back into UFC and gets into non-prelim matches like before I definitely don't want to watch UFC ever again. Nobody remembers him being owned by Pat Miletich and Nate Quarry. A spinning back fist is a disgrace to MMA. A spinning back kick isn't but a fist is. Your supposed to punch normally. Plus he looked drunk or high in half of his fights.
The backfist a disgrace? Watch Ray Sefo from K-1. This is a lethal move. And anyone who does that good against quarry while drunk and high deserves credit. He had a drug problem but he is clean now.
 

·
Outta My Head
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
Genki Sudo also makes common use of the spinning backfist. I've also seen it applied at a live KOTC event by a heavyweight.

No it's not a joke. Especially if you know how to throw it.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
OK, well when I first found this site it seemed like most of you guys were on the same page as me and knew what you were talking about. But after reading this thread you have proved me wrong.

First of all, I think it's funny how all the Shoni Carter haters use the same exact phrase word-for-word. "The spinning backfist is a disgrace to MMA". Coincidence? I think not. That tells me that you must also watch The O'Reilly Factor seeing how you can't come up with your own opinion.

If you knew ANYTHING about MMA then you would know that there is no such thing as a "disgrace to MMA" when it comes to strikes. Morons.

A spinning backfist is a ****ing move douchebags. That's like saying a ****ing punch is a disgrace to MMA. He threw a spinning backfist with the intention to hit Serra with it. He succeeded. How's that a ****ing disgrace!?

Was it a disgrace when Tim Sylvia kicked Tre Telligman in the head and knocked him out?

How about when Georges St. Pierre used a spinning back kick on Matt Hughes?

How about those flying knees from James Irvin and David Loiseau?

How about the countless lucky punches and the legal elbows allowed in the UFC?

I hope you realize that elbows are more of a disgrace than a targeted spinning backfist. You could be losing a fight horribly and throw one elbow and end the fight the same way a spinning backfist could without aiming, or cleanly hitting them, and win from doctor/referee stoppage or knockout. I took Tae Kwon Do for 9 years and I seem to remember a spinning backfist in my routine. We didn't use elbows too much but a lot of spinning kicks and strikes. And they are very painful and lethal and are extremely effective and not many people know how to utilize Tae Kwon Do into MMA other than Shoni Carter, Rich Franklin, Georges St. Pierre, Stephan Bonnar, and Patrick Cote.

For you to say that "Shoni Carter is a joke" is in itself a joke. Shoni Carter has more fights under his belt than almost anyone in all of MMA (66-13-7) I've only seen 2 other fighters come close to his record and that's Jeremy Horn (87-14-6) and Dan Severn (70-13-7).

And who gives a **** if he does drugs? If anything that just makes him more impressive. How many of you can fight almost 100 MMA fights under the influence of drugs? Grow up, you and I both know damn well that deep down, nobody cares about drugs. Everyone does them in some form so there's no point to criticize him for doing it.

I think I made my point and if anyone disagrees and still think Shoni Carter is a joke, the get in the ring with him and see for yourself. I hope he hits you right on your temple with his "disgraceful" spinning backfist.

Furthermore, you can all eat me. (except for the ones that agree with me)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
The spinning backfist isn't a joke and is a normal finisher Ko'er in MMA dude. The one whos a joke NOWADAYS is Shaonie Carter going to TUF4 and KOTC fighting cans and losing to Quarry. Back in 1999 he was better. He put up a decent fight to Miletich. And plus he did look drunk in the Quarry fight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
OK, well when I first found this site it seemed like most of you guys were on the same page as me and knew what you were talking about. But after reading this thread you have proved me wrong.

First of all, I think it's funny how all the Shoni Carter haters use the same exact phrase word-for-word. "The spinning backfist is a disgrace to MMA". Coincidence? I think not. That tells me that you must also watch The O'Reilly Factor seeing how you can't come up with your own opinion.

If you knew ANYTHING about MMA then you would know that there is no such thing as a "disgrace to MMA" when it comes to strikes. Morons.

A spinning backfist is a ****ing move douchebags. That's like saying a ****ing punch is a disgrace to MMA. He threw a spinning backfist with the intention to hit Serra with it. He succeeded. How's that a ****ing disgrace!?

Was it a disgrace when Tim Sylvia kicked Tre Telligman in the head and knocked him out?

How about when Georges St. Pierre used a spinning back kick on Matt Hughes?

How about those flying knees from James Irvin and David Loiseau?

How about the countless lucky punches and the legal elbows allowed in the UFC?

I hope you realize that elbows are more of a disgrace than a targeted spinning backfist. You could be losing a fight horribly and throw one elbow and end the fight the same way a spinning backfist could without aiming, or cleanly hitting them, and win from doctor/referee stoppage or knockout. I took Tae Kwon Do for 9 years and I seem to remember a spinning backfist in my routine. We didn't use elbows too much but a lot of spinning kicks and strikes. And they are very painful and lethal and are extremely effective and not many people know how to utilize Tae Kwon Do into MMA other than Shoni Carter, Rich Franklin, Georges St. Pierre, Stephan Bonnar, and Patrick Cote.

For you to say that "Shoni Carter is a joke" is in itself a joke. Shoni Carter has more fights under his belt than almost anyone in all of MMA (66-13-7) I've only seen 2 other fighters come close to his record and that's Jeremy Horn (87-14-6) and Dan Severn (70-13-7).

And who gives a **** if he does drugs? If anything that just makes him more impressive. How many of you can fight almost 100 MMA fights under the influence of drugs? Grow up, you and I both know damn well that deep down, nobody cares about drugs. Everyone does them in some form so there's no point to criticize him for doing it.

I think I made my point and if anyone disagrees and still think Shoni Carter is a joke, the get in the ring with him and see for yourself. I hope he hits you right on your temple with his "disgraceful" spinning backfist.

Furthermore, you can all eat me. (except for the ones that agree with me)
well I agree with most of what you said.. except for the drugs.. not almost everyone does them.. Granted many have tried them but again not almost everyone.. as for the move I thinkj it is a highly effective move and has great knock out potential if you land it right.. even a glancing blow can be effective.. as for the fighter I am not very familiar with him so I have no opinion there.. the fact he made it period means he is better then probably 95% of the Fighters out there ( not talking pros only talking everyone ) so that does say something for him..
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
The Don said:
well I agree with most of what you said.. except for the drugs.. not almost everyone does them.. Granted many have tried them but again not almost everyone..
Do you drink soda or coffee? Ever taken a pain pill? Xyience? Drugs are everywhere, they don't have to be illegal to be drugs. Just because some are legal doesn't make them any better than the illegal ones. They all do something negative to you in the long run. EVERYBODY takes drugs in some form from time to time. Shoni does look pretty high sometimes, but he did a GREAT job fighting Matt Serra. He looked kind of high in that fight but he dominated throughout 80% of that fight. Serra couldn't do shit to Carter. And Serra's good too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Do you drink soda or coffee? Ever taken a pain pill? Xyience? Drugs are everywhere, they don't have to be illegal to be drugs. Just because some are legal doesn't make them any better than the illegal ones. They all do something negative to you in the long run. EVERYBODY takes drugs in some form from time to time. Shoni does look pretty high sometimes, but he did a GREAT job fighting Matt Serra. He looked kind of high in that fight but he dominated throughout 80% of that fight. Serra couldn't do shit to Carter. And Serra's good too.
yea if you look at it that way breathing is taking drugs depending on where you live.. but there is a major difference between legal and illeagal usage of drugs.. a fighter should not step into the ring on an illeagal substance espical if the substance is designed to give him an edge in the case of steriods. or once that can alter his preception or reaction time he could end up seriously hurt or dead...
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
The Don said:
yea if you look at it that way breathing is taking drugs depending on where you live.. but there is a major difference between legal and illeagal usage of drugs.. a fighter should not step into the ring on an illeagal substance espical if the substance is designed to give him an edge in the case of steriods. or once that can alter his preception or reaction time he could end up seriously hurt or dead...
k.....
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top