Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been watching some post ufc 114 interviews and am struggling to believe that bisping genuinely believes he is worthy of a title shot.

The guy is a slightly above average fighter at best.

Every test he has faced in his career he failed. ala Rashad Evans, Hendo, Wanderlei.

I can understand the marketing aspect of hyping up fights and certain fighters saying shit they dont believe, but i just wish bisping would keep his mouth shut for a while.

He will never be a champion, His career will continue to go the way it has, he will continue to beat average fighters like DAN MiLLER, Chris Leben and Dennis Kang.

Just shut up PLEASE!

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
He actually said he'd be worthy of a title shot after a couple more wins. I fail to see the problem with that.

How dare he aspire to get to the top of the chain. Whether it's deluded or not, a fighter without self confidence isn't getting anywhere.

When asked 'Do you think you can beat Anderson Silva' he laughed and said 'I'll give it a bloody good try'. He's not being cocky with it, or arrogant.

Why the hell should he keep his mouth shut in INTERVIEWS? He's meant to answer questions. Some peoples hate for Bisping us retarded.

Reactions: Harness

·
Registered
669 Posts
He actually said he'd be worthy of a title shot after a couple more wins. I fail to see the problem with that.

How dare he aspire to get to the top of the chain. Whether it's deluded or not, a fighter without self confidence isn't getting anywhere.

When asked 'Do you think you can beat Anderson Silva' he laughed and said 'I'll give it a bloody good try'. He's not being cocky with it, or arrogant.

Why the hell should he keep his mouth shut in INTERVIEWS? He's meant to answer questions. Some peoples hate for Bisping us retarded.
THIS, THIS AND THIS.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Right now that I have finished repping you let my point out how fcuking stupid your opinion is.

You say Bisping "failed" against Rash, Hendo and Wandy, ok sure he never go the result but he was pretty far from been outclassed in any of those fights, in fact Bisping after 22 MMA fights has never been truly out classed by any fighter he has faced.

First the Rash fight, Split derision says it all, very close fight and one thing that is symbolised by a SD is that there is a significant number of people who believed Bisping won that fight, all be it the same can be said about people who believe Rash won, so was Bisping truly out classed? No

The Hendo fights, sure he got KO'ed you can't dispute who won, you can judge that however the fcuk you like, but the fact was it was a Flash KO, Bisping had won the first round, was displaying much superior speed and movement, but then was the victim of his own arrogance, not listening to his corner cost him big time, and he fucked the fight up for himself, the truth is he had the skills and speed to outclass Hendo, he jsut got to cocky and paid the price, but did Hendo outclass Bisping? No, Bisping was stupid in that fight Yes, but he showed he had the skills to do better.

The Wandy Fight, without going into detail about the second round which was piss taking close after Bisping had clearly won the first. we will just look at the 3rd round, the decider as it turned out.

for the first two and a half mins of that round Bisping absolutely owned Wandy, during that spell Wandy landed nothing and Bisping was using his superior speed and movement once again to move in and out landing some nice clean shots and clearly out scoring Wandy to this point.

Then for the next two mins and 20 seconds Wandy actually starts to land some shots also and during this period holds his own and gives as good as he gets, so to make it clear, Bisping dominated the first half of the round and then Wandy although he did not manage to catch up any ground on Bisping for the second half of the round, at least he did not fall further behind during that spell.

Which brings us to the final 10 seconds when wandy goes all out, he obliviously knows he is way behind in this round and about to loose the fight, when he catches that big overhead right and get a knock down, now does 1 single knock down punch turn around the scorecards from been dominated for half the round and then only been able to keep level pegging for the other half of the round? Well a lot of judges perception is at play here, I have seen rounds like that before go in favor of the person who was superior for the first 4 mins 50 seconds of the round thats for sure.

But ether way the decision went to Wandy and lets just say for arguments sake that it was enough to jusitfy the round been given to Wandy and that it wan't a case of fan fav taking the judges favour, or the judges throwing Wandy a bone because they knew how badly he needed a win to justify staying in the UFC, lets say none of that shit was why Wandy got the decision and that it was because he just deserved it, was Bisping outclassed in that fight? No

Bottom line is Bisping has had better standup than anyone he has ever faced, he has superior speed and footwork to anyone he has ever faced. Anderson Silvas strengths are his speed, movement and stand up, and Silva has a ability to keep the fight on the feet where he wants it, so I personally think it would be criminal not to give Bisping a title shot, why not give Silva someone who can challenge him at his one game Stand-up, at least he will give him a fight at his own game.

For the record I dont think he will beat Silva, I dont think anyone will Silva is the best P4P fighter in the world imo so you going to struggle to find a guy who is better, but Bisping is the top of the list of middle weights who could stand with Silva and give him a good fight

·
The Grasshopper
221 Posts

This:thumbsup:

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
To be honest, just about anyone in the UFC could be ready for a title shot in 2-3 fights. I don't think bisping could ever possibly hold the title in any division as he is just an "average" fighter. But I think he's almost definitely a top 15 MW at the moment. Which is a good spot for someone of his talent, he's really become so much with so little to offer.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Right now that I have finished repping you let my point out how fcuking stupid your opinion is.

You say Bisping "failed" against Rash, Hendo and Wandy, ok sure he never go the result but he was pretty far from been outclassed in any of those fights, in fact Bisping after 22 MMA fights has never been truly out classed by any fighter he has faced.

First the Rash fight, Split derision says it all, very close fight and one thing that is symbolised by a SD is that there is a significant number of people who believed Bisping won that fight, all be it the same can be said about people who believe Rash won, so was Bisping truly out classed? No

The Hendo fights, sure he got KO'ed you can't dispute who won, you can judge that however the fcuk you like, but the fact was it was a Flash KO, Bisping had won the first round, was displaying much superior speed and movement, but then was the victim of his own arrogance, not listening to his corner cost him big time, and he fucked the fight up for himself, the truth is he had the skills and speed to outclass Hendo, he jsut got to cocky and paid the price, but did Hendo outclass Bisping? No, Bisping was stupid in that fight Yes, but he showed he had the skills to do better.

The Wandy Fight, without going into detail about the second round which was piss taking close after Bisping had clearly won the first. we will just look at the 3rd round, the decider as it turned out.

for the first two and a half mins of that round Bisping absolutely owned Wandy, during that spell Wandy landed nothing and Bisping was using his superior speed and movement once again to move in and out landing some nice clean shots and clearly out scoring Wandy to this point.

Then for the next two mins and 20 seconds Wandy actually starts to land some shots also and during this period holds his own and gives as good as he gets, so to make it clear, Bisping dominated the first half of the round and then Wandy although he did not manage to catch up any ground on Bisping for the second half of the round, at least he did not fall further behind during that spell.

Which brings us to the final 10 seconds when wandy goes all out, he obliviously knows he is way behind in this round and about to loose the fight, when he catches that big overhead right and get a knock down, now does 1 single knock down punch turn around the scorecards from been dominated for half the round and then only been able to keep level pegging for the other half of the round? Well a lot of judges perception is at play here, I have seen rounds like that before go in favor of the person who was superior for the first 4 mins 50 seconds of the round thats for sure.

But ether way the decision went to Wandy and lets just say for arguments sake that it was enough to jusitfy the round been given to Wandy and that it wan't a case of fan fav taking the judges favour, or the judges throwing Wandy a bone because they knew how badly he needed a win to justify staying in the UFC, lets say none of that shit was why Wandy got the decision and that it was because he just deserved it, was Bisping outclassed in that fight? No

Bottom line is Bisping has had better standup than anyone he has ever faced, he has superior speed and footwork to anyone he has ever faced. Anderson Silvas strengths are his speed, movement and stand up, and Silva has a ability to keep the fight on the feet where he wants it, so I personally think it would be criminal not to give Bisping a title shot, why not give Silva someone who can challenge him at his one game Stand-up, at least he will give him a fight at his own game.

For the record I dont think he will beat Silva, I dont think anyone will Silva is the best P4P fighter in the world imo so you going to struggle to find a guy who is better, but Bisping is the top of the list of middle weights who could stand with Silva and give him a good fight
bisping never won the first Rd against hendo but he was winning the 2nd and as for the wand fight, bisping wasn't owning him, cain valasquez vs nog is owning someone, but it was a close fight, it's just that wandy used the old boxing trick that ali and leonard would do. in the final moments of each rd. where they where behind, they would go for a flurry because it gets the crowd excited and leaves an impression on the judges for the fact that most judges tend to only remember the end.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Killer, youve just wasted your time stating the complete obvious.

You opened your comments with wanting to prove how stupid my opinion is, when you failed to prove me wrong. If anything it seems like your agreeing with me.

My main point i wanted to convey was that Bisping wont evolve as a mixed martial artist as he will continue to beat mediocre opponents.

And the fact that he lost to Hendo and Wanderlei suggests he is far from being worthy of a title shot.

I wouldnt even say he is top 5 in the ufc Middleweight division.

You cant disagree that he is behind Belfort, Sonnenn, Marquardt, Wanderlei and even someone like Rich Franklin.

I think he should probably fight someone like a Mark Munoz next or Damien Maia

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
How is Bisping able to challenge Andy striking when Dan Miller landed on him over and over again. His striking is not that good he would get murdered. He has no power Andy would just mock him and stand in the pocket countering like he did to Forrest.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Another Bisping bashing thread... :thumbsdown:
Bisping, or Pisstream as I refer to him, deserves to be bashed, as almost all the English fighters do. Huge mouths and very average skills. Unwilling to learn MMA they stand and strike and then get taken down and act like turtles on their backs. The likes of Bisping and Hardy for instance certainly can take a fighter out with their hands, anything else and they look lost. Then their fan(atic)s go to the boards and scream that the opponent was AFRAID to stand with them. Duh. It's MIXED martial arts and only a jack-ass would stand with a guy that could only stand. Look at Paul Daley for example number 1. Unable to do anything but strike he gets dominated by Kos and then gets up and sucker punches Kos.
They all remind me of Soccer (football) hooligans.
I like John Hathaway and I hope he learns all aspects of MMA. He is a young respectful man with some great skills. He has a ways to go but I think he can get there.
As for British fans....open your eyes and stop writing books on the boards that merely prove that you can't judge a fight and that you score with your heart.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Yep, Bisping certainly looked lost against Denis Kang on the ground. Bisping is way more well-rounded than people give him credit for. His wrestling is probably on a par with Hathaway's, he has very good jiu jitsu and his stand-up is good. He might not have KO power yet, but he's working his bolllocks off on his technique to bring that into his game. He won't be able to challenge Anderson Silva anytime soon, but he's a better fighter than many give him credit for. Losing close/debatable decisions to Rashad Evans and Wanderlei Silva and then getting flash KO'd by Dan Henderson is nothing to be ashamed of, they are top tier fighters, and he took them to close fights (he won that first round against Hendo).

·
Registered
780 Posts
Bash him if you like, he knows hes good. Thats good enough for him, and from the bottom of my heart, i hope you know, He dosent care what you think of him.

Reactions: Killz

·
Registered
468 Posts
Bisping, or Pisstream as I refer to him, deserves to be bashed, as almost all the English fighters do. Huge mouths and very average skills. Unwilling to learn MMA they stand and strike and then get taken down and act like turtles on their backs. The likes of Bisping and Hardy for instance certainly can take a fighter out with their hands, anything else and they look lost. Then their fan(atic)s go to the boards and scream that the opponent was AFRAID to stand with them. Duh. It's MIXED martial arts and only a jack-ass would stand with a guy that could only stand. Look at Paul Daley for example number 1. Unable to do anything but strike he gets dominated by Kos and then gets up and sucker punches Kos.
I like John Hathaway and I hope he learns all aspects of MMA. He is a young respectful man with some great skills. He has a ways to go but I think he can get there.
As for British fans....open your eyes and stop writing books on the boards that merely prove that you can't judge a fight and that you score with your heart.
Huge generalizations and over exaggerations, your post is biased and uninformed. Less than 10 posts and you've already got a red bar (good job!). I'm not going to address your ridiculous points, because that would be a waste of my time. You sir, are a Troll. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
And additional to John Hathaway, what about Terry Etim, Ross Pearson, Paul Kelly and Paul Taylor? It's ignorant to generalise a whole nation based on a small number of fighters. All of the guys mentioned are humble and turn up to fight.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Sick of the Bisping bashing, a few people here have said what I wanted to say already, but I will point out that if Bisping didn't think he'd one day be in contention for a title then what kind of fighter would he be?! Do you really expect him to say; 'I can't wait to be a gatekeeper for the rest of my career. Title shot? No thanks.' Not gonna happen.

·
The Fun Police
11,565 Posts
You sir are a moron. It's posters like you, with ill informed opinions and massive generalisations that make me seriously wonder about the intelligence of some of the members of this forum.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Brilliant post. Summed up all my feelings on the guy.. some of you guys are stupid as hell, if Bisping said " I don't think i'll ever be good enough to win a world title " in his interviews what the **** would be the point of him competing in the UFC? jesus christ. Aiming for the top is what this sport is all about..

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.