Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know Tito's excuse on why he repeatly dodged any attempt to face Chuck Liddell the first time! His excuse was that he was his friend? Tito based this on Chuck spending a lot of time at Big Bear? Then when the fight finally came Tito got demolished in the second round! Did Tito lose because his heart was not into the fight or was this just an excuse?

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
screenamesuck said:
I thought they didn't like each other. I heard that Chuck said on a radio broadcast that he just didn't like Tito
They used to be friends and Chuck was not happy with a lot of the things that Tito did. One of the things was that Tito would talk a lot of s**t but not want to get in the ring with Chuck.

Now Chuck just wants to kill him.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I've recently heard Chuck say he doesnt have a problem with Tito and he's a nice guy but he pretty much says what Tito says. That they're not friends but aquaintances. Chuck also says he wants to punish Tito and shut him up for good. But that doesnt mean he hates him. I dont think they hate eachother at all. Their behavior toward eachother at UFC 62 showed no signs of dislike.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Should it matter?

OMG, they are professionals arent they?

Im sure lots of pro atheletes are friends out of the arena... hockey, football, soccer, hell even boxing

But sheesh, since when did being "friends" matter?

As a fighter you gotta leave that stuff outside of the ring...
I cant image a fighter that brings all that outside baggage into the ring with him/her being any good... its just unheard of...

what next? are they gonna feel "sorry" for them before they crush the mans chin with an elbow? heck no

·
Registered
23 Posts
attention said:
OMG, they are professionals arent they?

Im sure lots of pro atheletes are friends out of the arena... hockey, football, soccer, hell even boxing

But sheesh, since when did being "friends" matter?

As a fighter you gotta leave that stuff outside of the ring...
I cant image a fighter that brings all that outside baggage into the ring with him/her being any good... its just unheard of...

what next? are they gonna feel "sorry" for them before they crush the mans chin with an elbow? heck no
It's where you have to be a pro and put your friendship to the side currently, and make sure it's mutual that you are there on business terms and in no way it's personal. In my experience I have fought friends and it turned out ok. It all comes down to the individual person and thier understanding of each other. I fight them like anybody else.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I can't stand sparring with people that I like. I doubt that I would take a fight with a true friend. Jerry Quarry (old school boxer) used to spar with his brother and knock the crap out of him.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i think fact is it effects some and not others. We r not all built the same mentally or physically so its common sense.

Jeremy Horn said he wouldnt fight Rich Franklin even if they gave him a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Wombatsu said:
i think fact is it effects some and not others. We r not all built the same mentally or physically so its common sense.

good point...fair enuf

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wombatsu said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. It totally depends on the person(s).

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
asskicker said:
I've recently heard Chuck say he doesnt have a problem with Tito and he's a nice guy but he pretty much says what Tito says. That they're not friends but aquaintances. Chuck also says he wants to punish Tito and shut him up for good. But that doesnt mean he hates him. I dont think they hate eachother at all. Their behavior toward eachother at UFC 62 showed no signs of dislike.

Yeah, I don't think they are eachothers favorite person. But I don't think they hate eachother.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts