Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know most of us thought that Kimbo was unlikely to win TUF 10, or even reach the finals. But now with the rumor mill in full swing, suggesting that Kimbo replaces an injured fighter, is there another hint that Kimbo loses again? I think it seems strange that, if Kimbo was to do well, his first fight 'proper' in the UFC would be at catch weight. Surely, if Kimbo impressed sufficiently, beyond that of being a PPV draw, he'd be testing those in his division, not a brawl at catch weight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
who cares. the only reason he's there is to rake in a couple thousand extra viewers for the 1 or 2 ppv fights he'll have. dana white and the fertitta's (sp) would put their grandmothers in the cage agains kimbo if they thought they'd make a few extra bucks. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
kimbo is awesome, why is everyone talking shit about him, he was given a opportunity to make a lot of money for him and his family and its not like hes not trying to learn...

he has a really good attitude about it all and hardly talks any shit in the house, I at least have some respect for the guy.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
if you really care you could just look it up. the show is over afterall. just dont post it without a spoiler alert please.
I think UFC manages to keep a pretty tight lid on the results.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
When he improves his takedown defense he will be a dominant fighter. Look at Lidell who built a career off of stuffing takedowns and knockin people the fck out.
good 1st post!! Like Wes Sims said never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cause we all know that in the Seth Petrazelli (sp?) fight the reason he lost was his take down defense???
everyone can land a lucky shot once in a while can't they? I'm still not convinced with that, I think something was up and that whole organization was shady as hell....

it's retreating jabs that land and sometimes knock people out that make me not bet on MMA. Anyone has a punchers chance.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
how at Kimbos age does one go about getting great TDD and ground game?? All the great ground game guys come from pedigrees since childhood or at the very least some other form of martial art (like GSP and karate). Kimbo is just a tough street guy, his stand up isnt even good, his head barely moves and he telegraphs punches and has no kicks. I dont hate Kimbo infact he seems like a down to earth guy that i would smoke a blunt with, but he will NEVER be a force in MMA and if you join forums and the 1st posts you make are saying things like that, it will be hard for you to be taken serious.

·
Registered
156 Posts
how at Kimbos age does one go about getting great TDD and ground game?? All the great ground game guys come from pedigrees since childhood or at the very least some other form of martial art (like GSP and karate). Kimbo is just a tough street guy, his stand up isnt even good, his head barely moves and he telegraphs punches and has no kicks. I dont hate Kimbo infact he seems like a down to earth guy that i would smoke a blunt with, but he will NEVER be a force in MMA and if you join forums and the 1st posts you make are saying things like that, it will be hard for you to be taken serious.
I def see where you are coming from with this and don't completely disagree. I am stating that he is a tough street fighter and if he can improve his TDD, he will be respectable at the very least.

Not sure why everyone is getting overly excited about my first posts being this. It happened to be the first thread that caught my attention... I haven't even looked around the site at all yet and have no idea where the first posts should be :thumb02:

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
When he improves his takedown defense he will be a dominant fighter. Look at Lidell who built a career off of stuffing takedowns and knockin people the fck out.
Kimbo doesn't have the power or chin that Lidell had. Plus Lidell was a college wrestler.

Don't be fooled by Kimbo's look, if you can't drop James Thompson with 5 or 6 solid shots to the chin, your power isn't all that.

Also the strength of your chin comes down to 3 things: genetics, conditioning, and past history.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I tried to rep you for that but I can't... seriously brought the lulz.
this is exactly why I am happy the forums I frequent do not have rep systems. It is people like you that rep everyone for random things they think is funny or gets their pants tight, not for posts that are actually helpful or contributing. Then the 'new' members see the high rep and take their word as if it's engraved in stone. :sarcastic12:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Kimbo doesn't have the power or chin that Lidell had. Plus Lidell was a college wrestler.

Don't be fooled by Kimbo's look, if you can't drop James Thompson with 5 or 6 solid shots to the chin, your power isn't all that.

Also the strength of your chin comes down to 3 things: genetics, conditioning, and past history.
tru tru, I may have gotten ahead of myself since I am a fan of Kimbo and have been for quite some time :thumb02:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts