Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Machida have a rematch clause in his contract to another championship fight? Say is some how evans pulls it off against Rampage is anit Machida still the number one contender since he dominated evans.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Rematch clause or not, he can clear out the whole division if he needs to get that shot, i'm sure even Shogun fans will agree.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Does Machida have a rematch clause in his contract to another championship fight? Say is some how evans pulls it off against Rampage is anit Machida still the number one contender since he dominated evans.
No I think Rashad would earn his shot at the title if he beats Rampage.

As for a 3rd fight I think it could happen. Machida would need to take out Jon Jones and Lil Nog or something. Maybe have a fight with Rampage (have been waiting since UFC 98).

·
Registered
750 Posts
I kinda like how Machida lost as painful as it was to watch my favorite fighter lose in such a way, because it will make him stronger, I hope they don't give him an instant title shot, the best thing that can happen for Machida is to fight another 2 really strong guys before he goes at it again.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I think Rashad would earn his shot at the title if he beats Rampage.

As for a 3rd fight I think it could happen. Machida would need to take out Jon Jones and Lil Nog or something. Maybe have a fight with Rampage (have been waiting since UFC 98).
Little nog maybe but Jon Jones have to be a legit top 5 LHW before i give him machida. Just because u lose to shogun does not mean ur garbage now.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I dont think the UFC contracts have rematch cluases but I really dont know. Dana gave Shogun a rematch because it was a really close fight and a really good fight not to mention Dana himself personally thought Shogun won. The BJ/Edgar situation is much of the same, a close, disputed decision not to mention BJ was so dominant people were talking about him fighting at 170 and now there's finally a guy who challenged him.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I am not sure that such a thing exists in the UFC. Regardless, I think he needs to do the honorable thing and take some other fights to put himself back in contention. Not that I think he needs to prove anything, but it is the proper course of action in this situation.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
It's time for him to have a few fights against some other guys at the top of the division next. I've got a feeling he'll get his rubber match sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Rematch clause? This isn't pro wrestling. Shogun only got his rematch because of how razor thin that decision was. Let's say Evans beats Rampage. Lyoto would have a good case for another rematch, but I don't think Joe Silva thinks that way. They will probably give Machida a good rebound fight and he'll have to earn another shot, all for the sake of new matchups.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
Rematch clause? This isn't pro wrestling. Shogun only got his rematch because of how razor thin that decision was. Let's say Evans beats Rampage. Lyoto would have a good case for another rematch, but I don't think Joe Silva thinks that way. They will probably give Machida a good rebound fight and he'll have to earn another shot, all for the sake of new matchups.
In all fairness rematch clauses are common place in pro boxing as well. I do agree that Machida needs to win another fight to get a shot. As far as who that is? Lil Nog could be interesting. I know Jones isn't a top ranked fighter, but he might be one simply due to availability. There's the loser of Rampage vs Evans. Also Forrest might have healed by the time Machida is ready, but I doubt they want to serve him to Machida. Bader's wrestling could make for an interesting fight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts