Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
RDA is the least respected Champ I can remember in quite some time. Why do people dislike this guy so much? It's not like the UFC is promoting him up or giving him special treatment. He's never dropped dirty unlike his opponent. Seems strange imo....
I'd guess because he is brazilian and because he beat a fan favorite champion.

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
I'd guess because he is brazilian and because he beat a fan favorite champion.
He's also ugly as sin. I know as manly men we can't admit it, but it is a proven fact that in a completely non homo (or homo) way people tend to favor attractive people over their more rugged counterparts.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
RDA looks great again. If he doesn't drop dirty a few posters are going to be eating crow.
They won't. They will claim he's just smart enough to cycle and not getting caught. He's a Brazilian, so he must be a roid cheater by definition.

·
Cruz Control
9,159 Posts
Thought he looked slimmer than he did against Pettis but his performance speaks for itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RDA steroid usage is a real thing. It is kind of strange to me why until this time no one has even noticed the effect of that thing. Bruh! In my opinion, and I hope that not only my, steroid usage has to be completely removed and prohibited from sports! If you are so insistent you have to relax good. Remember what I’ve read in one good article called In terms of growing cannabis about the marijuana effect on our bodies and minds. I think this is the only thing that should be allowed in sports but on purpose of relaxing only, not to cheat or something.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
If I remember right this story came from Jeremy Botter who had no real evidence for RDA using steroids. All he had is one of RDA's former sparring partners word to go by. That drama could have led to RDA leaving King's MMA for Evolve MMA. Jeremy Botter no longer covers the sport. I think he works for CNN now.

·
The Title Guy
17,412 Posts
Well working for CNN should just go to show what the guy is doing and what he's really like in terms of journalistic integrity. For example he went off of a rumor and spread it to the point of smearing a man's reputation which might be why Rafael dos Anjos is like. But it might also have to do with the UFC not favoring some fighters.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
A temporary eye twitch is one symptom of steroid use.

Not naming names but I've seen one UFC fighter do interviews with an eye twitch that said they were probably using steroids.

There are lots of fighters in MMA with signs of using steroids at some point. None of them get accused of it.

For some strange reason its guys like RDA and Michael Bisping who are probably innocent that get accused.

·
The Title Guy
17,412 Posts
Yeah I get an eye twitch every so often and I have never used steroids in my life so I don't know how well that eye twitching theory holds up. Also yeah it's ironic how fighters who have been clean their whole lives are the ones that get accused. I am amused though when a fighter tests positive and he's the one that loses.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Yeah I get an eye twitch every so often and I have never used steroids in my life

Baseball hall of famer, Jose Canseco, used to have a youtube channel where he talked about his personal experiences with steroids.

There was one clip he recorded, after using steroids, where his eye twitched nonstop for 5 to 10 minutes.

You can look it up, bro. Its a known symptom of steroid use.

·
The Title Guy
17,412 Posts
Well it maybe a known symptom of steroid use but it's not the only source of eye twitching because like I said, there are times that I have had eye twitching but have never taken steroids in my life. My eye twitching probably starting around the time I hit puberty and has continued now into my 30s. Steroids also cause a testosterone deficiency but so does age.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Medication is another known cause of persistent eye twitching.

Another symptom of medication is dark circles under the eyes.

If I can find the interview of the UFC fighter I was referring to, should I post it up.

I don't know if anyone would be surprised or care if I did.

I'm trying to get away from saying anything negative about anyone.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts