Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

I was just wondering what you guys would want to see if they ever get their heads out of their asses and let there be a clash of the titans of the MMA world to see who lets it all hang out in the ring and walks out with the goods.
First off...Unforunatly UFC does not have the kind of depth of clientel that Pride has...so this might be kinda one sided.

Here we go
(Pride rules in UFC cage)
Match One:

LW - Takanori Gomi vs Sean Sherk
Prediction: Gomi would systematically take sherk apart. All Sherk did to Kenflo was a whole lotta nothing. Hes just a small version of Tito Ortiz...just sits on top and does **** all. Gomi - TKO 8:00 round 1

WW - Rodrigo Gracie vs Matt Hughes
Prediction: First off, lets see how Matt fends with a Gracie who isn't past their prime and is 4 - 0 in pride. I think Matt has a good chance to win, but I would want Gracie to take it to Hughes for what he did to Royce.

MW - Anderson Silva (hes representing pride hehe) vs Rich "Deuce" Franklin 2
Prediction: Rich starts taking twice the UFC koolaid (Xyience) and learns a little muay thai and lasts 3:59 round 1 instead of the 2:59 round 1 like last time.

LHW - Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell
Prediction: Pretty close to Lidell vs Rampage Jackson. Wanderlei by TKO 8:00 round 1.

HW - Fedor Emelianenko or Marko Filipovic vs Tim Sylvia
Prediction: No need to even say it.

I just don't see many of the fights going in the UFC's direction. They have a good chances with Hughes and liddell. Plus a slight chance with Sherk.

Prediction: Pride wins war 4 - 1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,567 Posts
NaChOmAmA said:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

I was just wondering what you guys would want to see if they ever get their heads out of their asses and let there be a clash of the titans of the MMA world to see who lets it all hang out in the ring and walks out with the goods.
First off...Unforunatly UFC does not have the kind of depth of clientel that Pride has...so this might be kinda one sided.

Here we go
(Pride rules in UFC cage)
Match One:

LW - Takanori Gomi vs Sean Sherk
Prediction: Gomi would systematically take sherk apart. All Sherk did to Kenflo was a whole lotta nothing. Hes just a small version of Tito Ortiz...just sits on top and does **** all. Gomi - TKO 8:00 round 1

WW - Rodrigo Gracie vs Matt Hughes
Prediction: First off, lets see how Matt fends with a Gracie who isn't past their prime and is 4 - 0 in pride. I think Matt has a good chance to win, but I would want Gracie to take it to Hughes for what he did to Royce.

MW - Anderson Silva (hes representing pride hehe) vs Rich "Deuce" Franklin 2
Prediction: Rich starts taking twice the UFC koolaid (Xyience) and learns a little muay thai and lasts 3:59 round 1 instead of the 2:59 round 1 like last time.

LHW - Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell
Prediction: Pretty close to Lidell vs Rampage Jackson. Wanderlei by TKO 8:00 round 1.

HW - Fedor Emelianenko or Marko Filipovic vs Tim Sylvia
Prediction: No need to even say it.

I just don't see many of the fights going in the UFC's direction. They have a good chances with Hughes and liddell. Plus a slight chance with Sherk.

Prediction: Pride wins war 4 - 1
wow to me you sound like a pride nuthugger, i think that chuck would win his fight, maybe sherk would win too. go back to your pride section of the forum.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
haha, you do realize Shawn Sherk is 31 - 2.
His only losses being Matt Hughes and GSP.

I think he would have a fair chance against Gomi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nuthugger?

Im not a Pride fan nor a UFC fan. I am a MMA fan.

First off, you should go watch the clip of liddell getting his ass handed to him by Rampage, then watch the clip of Wandy owning rampage. Now i know what you are thinking...TITO BEAT WS and Liddell beat Tito. The fact of the matter is...Tito Ortiz is a **** and just sits on top of people. I can't stand fighters like Tito Ortiz...

I agree with you Liddell has a good chance or winning, and so does sherk. But besides that...the Pride guys would take the UFC guys apart.

Sorry, its not bias, its fact.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
Of course your also forgetting that Silva was raped in 30 seconds by Vitor Belfort who was also beaten by Chuck. your also neglecting the fact that Silva couldn't win the LHW title in the UFC and had t go to Pride to win it. If anything Silva will be the major underdog in that fight.


"Sorry, its not bias, its fact."

Well its only your opinion, so its not fact.

Pogo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
Of course your also forgetting that Silva was raped in 30 seconds by Vitor Belfort who was also beaten by Chuck. your also neglecting the fact that Silva couldn't win the LHW title in the UFC and had t go to Pride to win it. If anything Silva will be the major underdog in that fight.


"Sorry, its not bias, its fact."

Well its only your opinion, so its not fact.

Pogo
it is all opinion until the fight actually happens and this is all getting old why discuss it more.. everyone makes the case that oo he beat this guy and this guy beat the guy that beat him so he must win when in actuality you cant really ever tell until the fight happens and its been like 3 or more years since they have fought any of the people you are comparing and both fighters have progressed since
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
Hmmmm, I've never heard of this Marko Filipovic guy. Did he ever face Rickson Gracie in some unknown tournament? That's the only way I'll watch him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
374 Posts
Damone said:
Hmmmm, I've never heard of this Marko Filipovic guy. Did he ever face Rickson Gracie in some unknown tournament? That's the only way I'll watch him.
You know, Marko Filipovic. I think they call him Cro-Cap or something like that.:p
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
Oh, Marko "Cow Crap" Filipovic? Yea, now it's all coming back to me. The nickname was on the tip of my tongue, but I'll be damned if I didn't remember his full name.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
NaChOmAmA said:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

I was just wondering what you guys would want to see if they ever get their heads out of their asses and let there be a clash of the titans of the MMA world to see who lets it all hang out in the ring and walks out with the goods.
First off...Unforunatly UFC does not have the kind of depth of clientel that Pride has...so this might be kinda one sided.

Here we go
(Pride rules in UFC cage)
Match One:

LW - Takanori Gomi vs Sean Sherk
Prediction: Gomi would systematically take sherk apart. All Sherk did to Kenflo was a whole lotta nothing. Hes just a small version of Tito Ortiz...just sits on top and does **** all. Gomi - TKO 8:00 round 1

WW - Rodrigo Gracie vs Matt Hughes
Prediction: First off, lets see how Matt fends with a Gracie who isn't past their prime and is 4 - 0 in pride. I think Matt has a good chance to win, but I would want Gracie to take it to Hughes for what he did to Royce.

MW - Anderson Silva (hes representing pride hehe) vs Rich "Deuce" Franklin 2
Prediction: Rich starts taking twice the UFC koolaid (Xyience) and learns a little muay thai and lasts 3:59 round 1 instead of the 2:59 round 1 like last time.

LHW - Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell
Prediction: Pretty close to Lidell vs Rampage Jackson. Wanderlei by TKO 8:00 round 1.

HW - Fedor Emelianenko or Marko Filipovic vs Tim Sylvia
Prediction: No need to even say it.

I just don't see many of the fights going in the UFC's direction. They have a good chances with Hughes and liddell. Plus a slight chance with Sherk.

Prediction: Pride wins war 4 - 1

Don't lie, you are def a pride nuthugger. First off Sherk would not be easy for Gomi...and it'd be a toss up.; Sherk is an asbolute monster anywhere from 155 to 170lbs. If you're not a pride nuthugger, why is Silva fighting for pride when he's a cage rage fighter primarily? Get Dan Henderson (i have no idea who'd win that fight), and you should have chose Shogun vs Lidell cuz shogun would surely win...Silva could easily be counter punched out.

ANd HW division is no joke...pride would PWN any UFC fighter. All I'm saying is you purposely made it out to be a Pride slaughters UFC PPV...not a pride vs UFC dream PPV.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
295 Posts
I'll take ....

Sean Sherk
Matt Hughes
Anderson Silva-why again do you have the current UFC MW champion representing pride?
Chuck Liddell
Fedor Emalienko

UFC 4
PRIDE 1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
Well first of all Anderson Silva would be on UFCs side seeing hes the UFC champ. In a battle of the champions it would be a toss up between UFC and Pride.

LW- Sherk is fully capable of taking Gomi down and controllng him the whole fight and winning a decision. I think it could look kinda like Hughes' fight with Hayato Sakurai. But Gomi could also KO Sherk. So I give it a toss up.

WW- Automatically goes to UFC. Pride doesnt really have one so Hughes or GSP would beat anyone Pride put there. UFC wins this.

MW- Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson. Silva could keep it on there feet the whole time and pick Dan apart with precise striking and eventually put him to sleep or Dan could either take him down and controll it on the ground or catch him with a big right hand. Toss up.

LW- The Chuck and Wandy fight is a toss up. Its been discussed enough.

HW- Automatically without question goes to Pride.

So thats one weight for each org and 3 toss ups. This could go to anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
Of course your also forgetting that Silva was raped in 30 seconds by Vitor Belfort who was also beaten by Chuck. your also neglecting the fact that Silva couldn't win the LHW title in the UFC and had t go to Pride to win it. If anything Silva will be the major underdog in that fight.


"Sorry, its not bias, its fact."

Well its only your opinion, so its not fact.

Pogo
that was almost 10 years ago the vitor today is shitty and uses roids
"sorry its not bias its fact"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
JWangSDC said:
Don't lie, you are def a pride nuthugger. First off Sherk would not be easy for Gomi...and it'd be a toss up.; Sherk is an asbolute monster anywhere from 155 to 170lbs. If you're not a pride nuthugger, why is Silva fighting for pride when he's a cage rage fighter primarily? Get Dan Henderson (i have no idea who'd win that fight), and you should have chose Shogun vs Lidell cuz shogun would surely win...Silva could easily be counter punched out.

ANd HW division is no joke...pride would PWN any UFC fighter. All I'm saying is you purposely made it out to be a Pride slaughters UFC PPV...not a pride vs UFC dream PPV.
wanderlei ****ed up henderson and hes also the middleweight champ so i think he could very well represent pride
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
gsp or hughes would win for ufc...
the rampage fight was wack at best...its like saying colman beat shogun or roids boy beat wandi
chucks better
sherk in a cage is something you want nothing to do with
silva would perform his 2nd plastic surgery (the 1st being a nose job)

and i think your trying to push sylvia as the best hw..which i doubt anyone thinks...hell AA/vera/mir would probly do better against fedor...not win mind you...but not get destroyed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
aznmaniac0909 said:
wanderlei ****ed up henderson and hes also the middleweight champ so i think he could very well represent pride

Come on man, henderson would be fighting 185 for this match, not telling him to take Silva's place. Just optin for Shogun over Silva if you want lidell to lose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
i agree ufc has as every1 says a punchers chance (except the heavyweight matchup theyd get killed)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I wouldnt choose sherk to fight Gomi. Penn has beaten Gomi before. The rematch would be good for MMA. Or you could have Penn fight Rodrigo again. Either way it makes for a better fight for the Pride fans perspective.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top