Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I don't buy that at all! He definitely looked gassed and his gameplan was picking his opponent apart for 3 rounds. I hope Duffee is smarter than this and rewatches the fight nd just improves his standup and improves his cardio, loses a little bit of that exaggerated muscle.

Props: MMAmania.com

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
His standup looked fine to me. He just got caught... it happens. He is still young and will continue to improve.

·
Registered
71 Posts
He just got caught, THAT"S IT! He was tearing his opponent apart, and it just happens that the only punch that russow landed knocked him out. It was luck.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
This fight had the largest margin of favoring a winner. Duffee was suppose to be a shoe-in win by a lot of fan polls.

I liked Todd's attitude coming in. He seemed grounded and took his opponent seriously as a legitimate threat, rather then coming in cocky and over-confident. I had high hopes for him, hopefully, he makes up this seemingly fluke loss and re-establishes his reputation.

He had great anticipatory momentum coming in and I'm sure a lot of that pro Duff Man momentum has been deflated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Was that the first punch Russow landed? It might have been haha Duffee's been hit with one combo and got K.O'd

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with everyone's posts, he had a great gameplan and lookd great until he got caught. He dropped his hands a lot end of the second and third round which I have to credit to being gassed. I just don't want him making excuses, be truthful with yourslf and you will continue to improve. Nobody can argue he's a beast of an athlete

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
I agree. After a round and a half of using Russow's as a punching bag, he should have given up on KO'ing him and gone for a takedown.

·
Registered
643 Posts
His gameplan was almost perfect. He kicked Russow's ass for the entire fight. I love when a guy has a ridiculous chin and gasses the aggressor because they hit him so many times that they become frustrated and tired.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
His gameplan was almost perfect. He kicked Russow's ass for the entire fight. I love when a guy has a ridiculous chin and gasses the aggressor because they hit him so many times that they become frustrated and tired.
I wouldn't even say he was tired. It's as if Russow absorbed all the energy that Duffee exerted onto his face for the 3 round ass whooping he got and put it all into one punch and threw it right back at Duffee.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
If his gameplan included throwing combos instead of single jabs and defending a TD, he would of KOed Russow.

He deserved that loss, "i'm just going to circle and throw a jab over and over." Flurrying with jabs or attacking with combos would of KOed Russow

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
he wasnt gassed at all, he was a little tired, but he still had some in the tank, he was still moving pretty well and had his hands up, He just got caught. I think that this fight still proved he is a good fighter, because i had doubts coming into the fight because i had only seen 7 seconds of him. but he proved to me that he is a good HW and a great prospect for the future.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I agree here, Duffee got caught PERIOD. He is clearly the better fighter, he just made one mistake and in the HW division that is all it takes.

There isn't one person in the world that thinks for one second Russow is the superior fighter. Todd has a future, Russow may have a couple more Homer Simpson like fights, but that's all we'll get out of him.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I agree. After a round and a half of using Russow's as a punching bag, he should have given up on KO'ing him and gone for a takedown.
i dont think duffee has any wrestling

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
He doesnt need to change anything you can have the best gameplan in the world but doesnt everybody have a puncher's chance...you cant plan to dominate an entire fight and look for the 3rd round wild punch.I think he will learn from this and come back even better.....

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
I expected a big KO from duffe. when I didnt get it within the first 3 mins the fight got boring quick. sorry try again next time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts