Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and take him straight to the ground?

Which would in turn send all of Fedor's great striking ability out the window.

Fedor at one point tried to grab Roger's arm and ended up flipping Rogers on top of him....

Brock would overwhelm Fedor with ground and pound.....
but I would still love to see Fedor come to the UFC and take on the best fighters.

//end of me being a douchebag

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
and take him straight to the ground?

Which would in turn send all of Fedor's great striking ability out the window.

Fedor at one point tried to grab Roger's arm and ended up flipping Rogers on top of him....

Brock would overwhelm Fedor with ground and pound.....
but I would still love to see Fedor come to the UFC and take on the best fighters.

//end of me being a douchebag
Fedor went for a Kimura from top position, but Rogers rolled out of it and he lost control of his arm before he could transition to his patented armbar which he later almost got after enduring some GNP. The public eye probably thought it was Rogers who reversed when in actuality Fedor was trying to take his arm off.

Brock on the other hand would be a different story. He has a wrestling background. Westernized wrestling vs Sambo. Think Brock will try to tackle Fedor ala Mir style. But Mir has no takedown defense whatsoever. There will be a scramble which I really feel Fedor will get the better of since he's the smaller of the two and will be quicker and be able to Tee off. Fedor has really good hip movement and can shuck him off. We're talking about a
12x Sambo champion...again 12x Sambo champion. Plus Brock is far bigger and needs room to maneuver his punches unless he's on top then he can do throw his hammer fists. Great matchup though on many levels.

Westernized wrestling vs Sambo
Technique vs Size
Old guard vs new guard.
Russian care bear vs modern day pillaging viking

One thing I noticed was that Rogers was able to put his weight on Fedor on the fence and knee em. If Rogers could do that then Brock would certainly as well. Also found it interesting that Fedor was stalking Rogers.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i adore fedor and think he would win, but brock would definitely be in there with a chance. not because of any remote closeness in skill, but because of sheer size and strength. fedor's bodyfat percentage is way above the average mma fighters' - and frankly its because he doesn't need to drop down because he has already shown that he always beats the heavies anyway.

unfortunately tho, i do think brock's sheer size and strength, combined with his ability to use his wrestling pedigree to maximise their effectiveness, could give fedor a fair bit of trouble.

basically to be totally honest, if fedor hypothetically fought brock and brock hypothetically won, i would be saying it's because fedor is pretty much a LHW anyway and thus the size and strength diff on fight night would be gigantic.

anyway, just thought i'd do a rare thing and admit my bias, while also hoping that others may understand what im saying regardless.

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
Fed has one punch ko power. And Brock got stunned by Mir, who doesn't. Brock rather than charging in would have to pick his moment. Even with Brock on top it isn't a foregone conclusion.
Though of course Fed would have more trouble getting out from under than he's ever had before.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Brock cannot take a hit thats brocks main weakness but as fedor v brock, lesnar has a very very realistic chance of beating fedor. Brocks wrestling is his bread and butter and his sheer power is a def fight winner.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Watching the Rogers fight has changed my opinion of this fight a little. I thought Fedor would easily beat Lesnar before, but I'm not so sure now. Anyone Lesnar faces will be more skilled than him, but he obviously has the sheer size and quickness to make up a lot of that skill discrepancy.

Fedor had trouble controlling Rogers on the ground, who is a total noob on the ground, and simply used size and strength to successfully defend himself. Clearly Lesnar, who is even bigger, and more importantly, quicker, than Rogers, will be a serious problem for Fedor.

I love Fedor and hate Lesnar, but now I think this fight would be incredibly hard to call. I still have faith in Fedor to find a way to win, because he is a master of exploiting weakness and punishing people for their mistakes, but Lesnar's massive size advantage, combined with his relative quickness would really be trouble.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Alls it usually takes from FEdor is one nice clean punch and he lands it often. I think he could survive Brock's onslaught on the ground, he is pretty decent on the ground. All in all the only thing Lesnar has on Fedor is SIZE. Fedor is better at virtually everything else. That is why I cannot wait to see someone(Carwin) almost as big as Brock himself get in there with him.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Plain and simple someone needs to get this matchup on its way. If not for them for the fans for god sakes. It would be a terrible let down if this never happened. Dana needs to quit being a stuck up jack ass, and Fedor needs to get his head out of the asses of the Russian mafia or whatever the hell he is in and lets get a move on...chop chop boys

·
Registered
187 Posts
Fedor had trouble controlling Rogers on the ground, who is a total noob on the ground, and simply used size and strength to successfully defend himself.
Brett has wrestling background and is defiantly not a "total noob" to the ground game. Fedor has submited some of the best wrestlers around, Brett clearly know how to avoid a thing or two.

Clearly Lesnar, who is even bigger, and more importantly, quicker, than Rogers, will be a serious problem for Fedor.
Brock lessnar weight = 265 lb (120 kg)
Brett Rogers weight = 264 lb (120 kg)

They are pretty much the same "size"? Brett is a "bit" taller. Brett Rogers have heavier hands and are a much quicker puncher. I personally think both Brett and Fedor would "own" Brock, the guy that lost one of his five fights. :thumbsup: :confused02:

My guess is Fedor vs Brock would become something like: Brock would go for a takedown, Fedor would avoid it and knock him down, standing. Even if Brock got grip on Fedor he lacks the skills to take down people, we have already seen that in the fight against old couture for instance. Fedor would punch Brock dissy and probably K.O. Brock in the first 30 seconds.

·
Banned
0 Posts
not a lesnar fan but i'm pretty sure he would wreck fedor

How you can say that after what you saw last night is beyond me....Rogers had to be around 280 last night and got dropped with one shot.......

Even Rogers has more wins than Brock, twice as many.....

WOW......:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Rogers hits a hell of alot harder than brock ever could PERIOD!!! That jab would have wrecked lesnar

As for brock being lighter on his feet ....rogers lookd alert and fast on his feet!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I have a question for you....why would you assumeFedor would try to counter Brock's takedown with by using resisting force? Me thinks if Brock went to take him down, Fedor would either redirect his energy by tripping him or using a sambo technique.

I am now convinced 100% that Brock would not win against Fedor.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I have a question for you....why would you assumeFedor would try to counter Brock's takedown with by using resisting force? Me thinks if Brock went to take him down, Fedor would either redirect his energy by tripping him or using a sambo technique.

I am now convinced 100% that Brock would not win against Fedor.

^^^THIS^^^

Plus at this point I wouldnt mind seeing Rogers and Brock go....

Fedor has reminded everyone why he is regarded the way he is....

He really is elite.....I believe he could possibly make Bock look worse....

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
He'd just rush in and take Fedor down, yeah it's that easy ;)

Fedor's wrestling is years and years ahead of Coutures and he couldn't outwrestle Couture. Just because Mir sucks at TDD doesn't mean Lesnar's this god who can take down people at will GSP style. He hasn't faced a single other wrestler besides Couture - who again, he couldn't use his wrestling against.

My favorite thing about the Rogers victory is cementing Fedor's brutal KO power. He could beat Lesnar in a boxing match, a wrestling match, and an MMA match handily. Don't believe me? Ask ten years of world class submission wrestlers and MMA fighters how good Fedor's wrestling is.

oops forgot, Fedor isn't just the #1 Sambo guy in the world, he won a world Judo tournament and holds a black belt. but yeah, Lesnar won one NCAA like a decade ago. I'm sure Lesnar would take Fedor down at will. maybe he'd even gogoplata him from the rubberguard and then a unicorn would pop out of The Last Emperor's butt and fight Arianny?

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
This is why Lesnar wouldn't want to try and bull rush Fedor

bull rushing your opponent leaves you wide open to eat a shot something you don't want to do against Fedor.

Reactions: CornbreadBB

·
Registered
187 Posts
Its funny how Brock became #1 heavy weight in the world in a few fights..

Those is his whole MMA resume (4 wins 1 loss):

1) Min-Soo Kim.. Min-Soo Kim got a "impressive" mma-record of 3 wins and 6 losses.

2) He has beaten this Heath Herring dude. The fight went 3 rounds and Brock won by referee decision. Fedor has fought this guy as well, and won by TKO.. (Fedor was able to finish what Brock couldn't..)

3) Brock has fought Randy Couture, age 46.. A fighter in his prime I suppose.. As we all could see, Brock was not able to take down Randy at all, despite his huge misplaced anabolic looking muscles.

4) Frank Mir.. Brock lost but won the rematch..

Fedor on the other hand just got a 31 wins 1 loss record.. That includes beating former UFC champs, Olympic wrestler, Guys that are much heavier than Brock, guys with heavier hands.. All sorts of guys really..

But well when I think about it, Brock is something new. Fedor has probably never fought a opponent that can't kick or punch and a wrestler that fails again and again to take down people that weight a lot lot less..

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
But well when I think about it, Brock is something new. Fedor has probably never fought a opponent that can't kick or punch and a wrestler that fails again and again to take down people that weight a lot lot less..
how dare you see through UFC's unrivalled promoting and hype! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

We all know if this "fedor" guy wanted to prove he was the best, he'd fight whatever can DW said was the best in the world. I guess he's just ducking... whoever DW says is the best? YEAH! Coward.

I just wish Fedor would man up and fight people his own size. He's always hiding behind his ability to be 40lbs+ smaller and still devastate. Man he grinds my gears.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Brock cannot take a hit thats brocks main weakness but as fedor v brock, lesnar has a very very realistic chance of beating fedor. Brocks wrestling is his bread and butter and his sheer power is a def fight winner.
You're judging this by Brock's numerous KO losses?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts