Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone ready for another good win for Fedor. Do you think his opponent has any chance. And if so have you ever watched Fedor?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Fighter J...cool post about Fedor. I think within a year Fedor will be the next UFC HW champion. Fedor is absolutely fearless. He seems uneffected by pain. In 2003 Total Elimination, Fedor COMPLETELY destroyed Gary Goodridge. OMG...Goodridge was pounded relentlessly, he just layed there in the Fetal position totally helpless. Ground & pound, kicks to the head...unreal. Fedor really has no kinks in his armor. He can do it all. Don't forget Fedor dominated in Pride...imagine what he'll do in the Octagon!

FEAR FEDOR!

P.S. Mark Coleman is in for a major ass whooping!

·
Banned
145 Posts
Coleman stands a chance..he did alright in his last fight, untill he got armbarred.
But I still dont think it will happen.
Fedor is an MMA god..

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep like i thought Fedor got another win. I think he is unstoppable. I believe he is the greatest MMA fighter.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i thought it was amazing he lasted as long as he did. I gained a lot of respect for him right there

·
Registered
128 Posts
What a way to end a career

Coleman went into the fight mentally intimidated by Fedor. As he described in his interviews, he already believed that his opponent had no weaknesses. Although the consensus may agree, if you truely believe you can defeat an opponent, you must not get caught up in all the hype and do what you do.

It seems with all the accolades Coleman may have brought to the table, at the end of match, I literally saw a beaten man on his knees bowing at the feet of the almighty unblemished Fedor.

At least he did not talk a whole bunch of smack, before getting it stuffed back in him, like Ken Shamrock. What an embarrassment.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Urbanator...nice post about Fedor/Coleman. The Psych part of it is very real. I think Coleman knew that Fedor had no fear. That cold Russian stare is pretty intimidating. Props to Coleman for having the balls to step into the ring with him. Tim Sylvia's HW Champion reign is coming to an end. I am pretty certain Fedor will be the UFC HW Champion...it's just a matter of time.
...Dana White must face the grueling fact that his UFC title holders will be snatched up by Pride Fighters... Ice is my boy...he has the best shot at keeping his Title out of the Pride Fighters hands.

P.S. Poor Chuck...he's gonna have to fight off Wandy & Rampage also...yikes!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ice Ice Baby

BrutalKO said:
P.S. Poor Chuck...he's gonna have to fight off Wandy/QUOTE]

Hopefully if it ever happens, it will be a must watch. Although I would like to see Wanderlei win, I think the odds are against him.

First, if they fight in Las Vegas, Wanderei might not be able to utilize his full arsenal. Elbows to the head, knees to the head, or kicking a man that is down.

Second, Wanderlei struggles with stand up fighters that knows how to maintain their distance and when to move in. Chuck is a master of that. That's how Chuck eludes his opponent and sets them up for that knockout punch. He knocked out Sobral while stepping backwards. Damn, he's good. I would like to see him dethroned, but I don't see that any time soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HAD to cheat? ?

who says Fedor Had to cheat? Fedor said that it was a subconsious choice. he didn't mean to grab the ropes, he just did it out of instinct. If I would blame anyone about that I would blame the ref for not physically grabbing his hand and taking him off the ropes. that's what you have to do. besides if Linland took Fedor down, it's not like Fedor has never been on his back before. It's pretty rediculous to assume that had lindland took Fedor down it's an automatic win for him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First of all, you need to learn the rules. He wasn't grabbing the ropes, he was leaning against them. To grab something is to emcompass it in the grip of your palm. You can even see fedor's interviews (and even Lindland's), he said explicity he was leaning on the ropes. So NO, he wasn't cheating. Second of all.
"He had to cheat to beat matt lindland who fights at 185 and hes going to beat randy hahahahahahahahaha."

This is probably an even MORE incorrect conclusion. It's not like lindland was held gunpoint to fight fedor. He was VERY aware of what he weighed, and could weigh, an he was VERY aware of what fedor weighed. Once you make an informed decision and decide to fight, you can't make excuses about what YOU decide.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Exactly! One doesn't have to listen to what anyone says just watch the fight carefully (if their eyes work ok) and see this was not a grasp. The reason (one of them) that Fedor cannot be beat is his speed. Weighing way more than Lindland he was quicker than him. That says it all and Lindland is not slow by any means.
Obviously none of the PRIDE HWs can beat him but I think he could have a tough fight with that Gonzaga. I don't see any other prospects emreging in this weight class for quite some time to jeopardize him. Is it just me or is Nog getting old?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.