Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shogun by KO or submission

Votes: 2 7.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears this is Fedor's next fight. This is a great match up. Heres how i think it will go down, Fedor comes out cautious looking to counter Shogun, and Shogun goes for a high kick and Fedor takes him down, and thisd is where i feel most of the fight will take place. Fedor looking for some ground and pound and Shogun trying to submit him. I would love to see a stand up war but i see this fight looking alot like Fedor vs Crocop. Fedor wins by unanimous Decsion

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
so is this 100%. cause i wasnt sure if it was gonna happen in the first place, then barnett was supposed to fight fedor. is there a link anywhere?? in a way its smart for pride, instead of letting josh get a title shot because mirko cant fight makes sense. shogun has balls for taking the fight after the mirko wand massacre. ill def be cheering on shogun no matter who he fights.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i know this has been talked about, but i was curious to see what the polls would say..and no i dont have the link i read it on another site

·
Registered
583 Posts
Honestly, I voted Fedor Emelianenko by domination. I'm not so sure Shogun is ready for THE best in the world right now. Yes, he's been in there with Babalu, Rampage, Arona, Coleman, and Randleman but Fedor is clearly leaps and bounds beyond those guys and he (Fedor) has beaten 4/5 I've mentioned (he's never faced Rampage, but he'd kill him). It'll be a good fight, no doubt, but I think it'll be all Fedor teaching Shogun a thing or two.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dunno guys you should give Shogun a little more respect, the guy is a top notch athlete and is very well rounded, i think he can hang wherever this fight goes..Fedor will win but he will not beat him as badly as some of you think

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
jdun11 said:
i dunno guys you should give Shogun a little more respect, the guy is a top notch athlete and is very well rounded, i think he can hang wherever this fight goes..Fedor will win but he will not beat him as badly as some of you think

Definetly Shogun is amazing and easily one of the bst fighters in pride. He is a great opponent for Fedor. He is young very explosive, really good striker and can submit also. I cant see him beating Fedor in any way but I think it will be one damn good fight.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
jdun11 said:
i think he can take the fight the distance. im a shogun nuthugger though if you couldnt tell

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
i think shogun should wait til wanderlei retires (which should be soon from what i hear) and rule the middleweight division going agianst such a dominant champ at this point is suicide personally id just like to see wanderlei kick aronas ass then go over to ufc before he retires

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Fedor would take it, but i dont know if he would beable to tap him or not, im guessing Fedor by decision. Sorta 1 sided, but not as bad as nog/fedor

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Punishment 101 said:
Fedor would take it, but i dont know if he would beable to tap him or not, im guessing Fedor by decision. Sorta 1 sided, but not as bad as nog/fedor
i totally agree, and j.farrell im a shogun nuthugger too :D , but Fedor is my favorite fighter..So this is a tough pick for me

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aznmaniac0909 said:
i think shogun should wait til wanderlei retires (which should be soon from what i hear) and rule the middleweight division going agianst such a dominant champ at this point is suicide personally id just like to see wanderlei kick aronas ass then go over to ufc before he retires
i disagree totally, noone expects Shogun to win , therefore he got nothing to lose.. If he gives a good fight thats a huge step in his career, and even if he gets blasted, Fedor is the best HW in the world and Shogun is A LHW so thats not a big deal. Everyone knows what Shogun can do at 205, this is a win win situation for Shogun

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
herton17 said:
There are very few Pride fans that are NOT Shogun nuthuggers...Am I right?
Definetly right. How can you not like the guy. He is one of the most exciting fighters to watch, and he is all around good. In my opinion he is the best lightheavyweight in the world.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts