Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not to beat on a dead horse but seriously...

i'm sure deep inside fedor is crying and disappointed that he's not being part of the whole royal rumble of the ufc heavyweight division.

this is a rare time when the heavyweight is so stacked that if you prove yourself here, you wouldn't put any other doubt on anyone elses mind or yourself.

it'd be so freakin awesome if he's in ufc right now... shame on fedor's management :confused:

i guess we can't have everything :(

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You dont know fedor.

Money is priority to him. I am sure he is more than glad with Strikeforce.

I dont think he is the hungry guy like for ex. Cain JDS

but i gotto agree wit you its a bit of shame.

Still i think there are many nice fights to come in Strikeforce

vs Overeem, and werdum (to revenge his brothers loss)

he can come later to ufc. I really wanna see fedor vs Mir Cain and Carwin
so its all good

·
Registered
233 Posts
I agree to some extent really, not long ago people weren't giving the HW's in UFC much credence, now all of a sudden it's stacked with exciting fighters and young blood. I do think Fedors career speaks for itself, but he must want to fight some of the people in the UFC.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You dont know fedor.

Money is priority to him. I am sure he is more than glad with Strikeforce.

I dont think he is the hungry guy like for ex. Cain JDS

but i gotto agree wit you its a bit of shame.

Still i think there are many nice fights to come in Strikeforce

vs Overeem, and werdum (to revenge his brothers loss)

he can come later to ufc. I really wanna see fedor vs Mir Cain and Carwin
so its all good
fedor should've made enough money by now to not worry about it anymore. dana made a very generous offer to him.

but still i guess it all boils down to money... cause even that is the reason why all these young fighters are hungry.. to make more money

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
It boils down to Mob-1 being assholes and controlling everything Fedor does with no give, only take.

They will have Fedor fighting cans for many years to come.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I really doubt that the UFC crosses his mind on a daily basis. He's probably thinking about Werdum, if he should ko or sub Werdum, training, a nap, dinner...etc.

·
Banned
439 Posts
fedor should've made enough money by now to not worry about it anymore. dana made a very generous offer to him.

but still i guess it all boils down to money... cause even that is the reason why all these young fighters are hungry.. to make more money
Don't you guys think he would have made more money fighting for the UFC? not from the salary that the UFC will pay him but from the fact that his name will be worth more in the ever growing market. yes, hardcore and knowledgeable fans know who he is but I don't think the casual fans do. Ask joe blow on the streets about MMA and they'll bring up the ufc and not strike force. Even though it's small right now, Target has UFC figurines, strikeforce doesn't.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Shame he doesn't have the desire to compete against the best HWs in the world. Not saying he wouldn't win or anything like that or that he is scared. Just a shame he doesn't want to prove to the fans and himself how good he is. A shame he settles for an organization in which teh HW champ rarely even fights in teh organization abd where guys you beat are getting title shots. Shame he is in an organization that offers about 1 good fight before he just fights the same fighters over and over again...

just a shame..

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
A huge part of me wished Fedor would care about being in the UFC. Just to care at the very least. The concept that the best fighter in the world is content beating up second rate competition for the rest of his career until he eases into retirement takes away from the clout & respect a GOAT deserves to have.

Fedor is certainly the man and his legacy proves it, but so was Mir back in the day in the UFC HW division. The new UFC HW is a whole new breed of competition, the guys are bigger, stronger, faster, greater endurance, more technical then the HW has ever been. The current crop of UFC HW's is superior to PRIDES HW's during Fedor's time in my opinion, so who's to say how well Fedor would fair, realistically. I love me so Feyador, he's my number one, overall guy, but seriously. GOAT isn't a title given to fans who can debate theoretical fights the best, it's which fighter is physically proving it and Strikeforce is not where any GOAT will be respectfully named.

Anyway, I just wished Fedor showed some fire for competition, instead of complacency. He's too talent to have such an ordinary spirit. Just an opinion.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
He's a puppet for M-1. He'll continue to be a puppet. Such a great fighter, who is with some real scumbags.

Hell, he could be one of the scumbags. Still, a great fighter.

·
Banned
439 Posts
Used to be considered the best. Dominated prime competition in this thing called pride then all of a sudden, decided that crushing tomato cans were fun. there's also this M(afia)1 thing he's part of. Likes to strong arm organizations into co-promotions and won't let other fighters fight without them being on the same card. There's more to it but don't want the butt hurting to start.:sarcastic12:

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
ive said it many times.

the greatest always want to fight the greatest.

fedor fights for $, he doesnt have a fighters mentality and i bet if he had $ thru other means he would likely never fight and just train.

he lacks the desire to be the GOAT.

thats why he will be forgotten. in 40 years ppl wont remember other then a pioneer.

The Rocky Marciano of MMA. Complete with Mafia links and fixed fights just like Rocky.

Rocky is still one of the greatest ever but hardly the greatest. you gotta seak out the greatest competition on a continual basis to be the greatest.

being the GOAT doesnt happen by accident, you gotta seek it out for your entire career.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Don't understand the hate for fedor, we he signed with strikefroce it was brock and that is. Carwin,JDS,Cain were all new prospect. If fedor was a free agent it would be different but he is contracted to strike force. If Brett Rodgers dominants his next fight then you would wonder how would he do in the ufc. Fedor as much as you guys want hate still has game. No HW in the ufc is more skilled than him, but everything is hearsay we can all argue how good he is or how he would be shit in the UFC. We can't judge until he joins the ufc.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
in the end he will be there. i just cant imagine he remains out of the ufc and retires. if he was in the ufc, they would promote him so hard you would think he was champ after simply signing the contract. too much money to be made to stay away because he doesn't want to sell his soul to the ufc-if you can equate that to not co-promoting and being allowed to do *****.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Haha...the thought of Fedor being forgotten is funny. He doesn't care about fame, keyboard warrior respect, or being a walking billboard for energy drinks or tennis shoes. Fedor loves his God, Family, Country, and Friends above any of that. That's why he's not caught up or distracted. He fights for them before his own self. I respect how Fedor lives honestly. I think it's why he's a solid fighter, because he has his priorities straight. He simply fights, and is damn good at it. He his healthy enough to support and enjoy the important things in his life. I say that he's doing well.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
^then why does he stay with M1 who don't even know the meaning of co-promotion? if he has a manager fine, part of an organization-sure why not, but letting someone else dispute his contract over the terms that don't directly effect him?-we call that the tyson effect.....

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Haha...the thought of Fedor being forgotten is funny. He doesn't care about fame, keyboard warrior respect, or being a walking billboard for energy drinks or tennis shoes. Fedor loves his God, Family, Country, and Friends above any of that. That's why he's not caught up or distracted. He fights for them before his own self. I respect how Fedor lives honestly. I think it's why he's a solid fighter, because he has his priorities straight. He simply fights, and is damn good at it. He his healthy enough to support and enjoy the important things in his life. I say that he's doing well.
i dont hate him as a person.

i dont know him. and altho his many fans claim they do, they dont either. they just know the carefully let go PR he has.

He hangs with some shady looking ppl, i dont know them either.

His brother looks pretty shady but i dont know him either.

its fine to say this and that about him, but truth is his image is more carefully crafted then that asshole Micheal Jordan.

I met Mike and could tell you a funny story but i guess thats for another thread.

point is, you dont know him either.

He has said he originally fought cuz his family was broke and he needed $. thats fine. i respect that. he doesnt care about fame or being the GOAT?? thats great too.

the only way to be the GOAT is the dedicate your life to being the GOAT.

GSP will pass him if he already hasnt. Hendo i could flip a coin i dunno. BJ Penn. Anderson Silva.

Guys fighting the top guys on a continual basis in the best organziation.

you should look up Rocky Marciano. Its kinda funny how similar him and Fedor are in stories and records.

Look at Rockys record... undefeated with almost all KOs... a couple really good fighters...

but the list of fighters he DIDNT FIGHT is more impressive. which is why he isnt the GOAT.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts