Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting real annoyed at people overlooking a simple fix to this whole "Fedor is afraid of the UFC Heavyweights".
If he is the best in the world, why the **** does he have to prove anything. If anything else the UFC Heavyweights should come after Fedor when their contracts are up. Yeah, they can do that. So in retrospect, UFC heavyweights might be afraid of Fedor. The mans has earned his rank and legacy.
Its simple shit. The 2nd ranked and the 3rd ranked duke it out to take on the number 1 guy. Thats how its always been. The Number 2 guy has to prove himself worthy to take on the number 1 champion.
As far as Im concern, the UFC heavyweights of the past have not been that great. Bas Rutten and Randy Coture were the best heavyweights to ever fight in the UFC.
If they want Fedor, they can go get him and prove their worth. The Last Emperor doesnt have to do a damn thing in my book.
TO BE THE BEST, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE BEST.

Reactions: Drowning Donkey

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It's far better to be the second or third best in the major leagues than the best in the minor leagues. Oh, and Fedor doesn't even want to fight Overeem, at least his camp doesn't. Certainly not the sign of the number 1 HW when you don't even want to fight the guy that is the champ in the org you fight in.

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Fedor knows if he comes to UFC they can't fix the fights for him..

Tim Sylvia UFC salary- 250,000$
when he fought Fedor- 983,000$ WHY SUCH AN INCREASE haha

Brett Rogers Salary- 25,000 after Arlovski
Fedor fight- 332,000 Why such an increase

I bet Werdum makes the same haha

·
Registered
769 Posts
Im getting real annoyed at people overlooking a simple fix to this whole "Fedor is afraid of the UFC Heavyweights".
If he is the best in the world, why the **** does he have to prove anything. If anything else the UFC Heavyweights should come after Fedor when their contracts are up. Yeah, they can do that. So in retrospect, UFC heavyweights might be afraid of Fedor. The mans has earned his rank and legacy.
Its simple shit. The 2nd ranked and the 3rd ranked duke it out to take on the number 1 guy. Thats how its always been. The Number 2 guy has to prove himself worthy to take on the number 1 champion.
As far as Im concern, the UFC heavyweights of the past have not been that great. Bas Rutten and Randy Coture were the best heavyweights to ever fight in the UFC.
If they want Fedor, they can go get him and prove their worth. The Last Emperor doesnt have to do a damn thing in my book.
TO BE THE BEST, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE BEST.
There are quite a few people that think Fedor isn't the best, which pretty much deconstructs your entire argument. Personally I think JDS, possibly Cain, and possibly Carwin could beat him right now, but we'll never know because he's stuck in a second rate organization fighting fringe top 10'ers. If he dodges the Overeem fight, then safe to say he's probably somewhere around the 6th or 7th best HW in teh world. If he beats Werdum, his stock doesn't rise at all. If he beats Overeem, he is instantly propelled to top 3 HW ranking, as Overeem is a beast of late.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
There are quite a few people that think Fedor isn't the best, which pretty much deconstructs your entire argument. Personally I think JDS, possibly Cain, and possibly Carwin could beat him right now, but we'll never know because he's stuck in a second rate organization fighting fringe top 10'ers. If he dodges the Overeem fight, then safe to say he's probably somewhere around the 6th or 7th best HW in teh world. If he beats Werdum, his stock doesn't rise at all. If he beats Overeem, he is instantly propelled to top 3 HW ranking, as Overeem is a beast of late.
How would beating Overeem propel someone to the top 3. Anyone would look like a beast when fighting nothing but sub-par competition like James Thompson and Gary Goodridge. Whenever Overeem fights guys like Werdum, Lil' Nog, and Shogun he gets his ass handed to him.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's far better to be the second or third best in the major leagues than the best in the minor leagues. Oh, and Fedor doesn't even want to fight Overeem, at least his camp doesn't. Certainly not the sign of the number 1 HW when you don't even want to fight the guy that is the champ in the org you fight in.
Yeah, and all major MMA organizations consider Fedor the best heavyweight. That's why Dana can't get over Fedor, because he knows deep inside Fedor's the best. Not fighting Overeem? Overeem's next!

UFC just brings up a lot of hype behind them, it does not mean they have the best fighters. Anderson Silva can't finish Maia, GSP can't finish Hardy in several occasions and the UFC boasts that they are their best fighters. you can ask any UFC fighter who's the best heavyweight in the world, and most likely 9 out of 10 would all answer Fedor.

·
Registered
769 Posts
How would beating Overeem propel someone to the top 3. Anyone would look like a beast when fighting nothing but sub-par competition like James Thompson and Gary Goodridge. Whenever Overeem fights guys like Werdum, Lil' Nog, and Shogun he gets his ass handed to him.
The new Overeem is a different person than the Overeem that kept getting his s*** ruined in the Pride days. Granted his competition hasn't been the most spectacular as of late, but a decisive win by fedor would, in my opinion, move Fedor into the top 3 HW's. After that, Fedor has zero opponents left and should either retire or go to the UFC (with the former being the much more likely)

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts

Did Rogers really make 332,000 to fight Fedor?!?!?!?!

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts

You seriously think that Strikeforce is bribing fighters to lose to Fedor?

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
Frankly, why sacrifice being in the UFC, the most dominant promotion in all of MMA, just to fight Fedor. Why doesn't Fedor want to fight better competition? Why is he apathetic to fighting the champ from his own organization? I do believe Fedor is the best P4P heavyweight, but he has done rather little of late to maintain the title.

My opinion: Obvious dominance of Werdum, obvious dominance of Overeem, and he's once again obviously #1 in my eyes. But that's just me. If he eeks out a victory against either, or loses at all, and he's no longer the best.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Unfortunately, it makes sense. Sylvia's salary almost quadrupled for one single fight.
That is not true, see Sylvia would have also got a cut of the PPV money in the UFC but since Affliction had no track record taking less money in return for a PPV % isn't very appealing so instead Affliction had to offer big money contracts, thing is the money wasn't that much more than a UFC contract could have potentially paid them but Affliction guaranteed the money so when the PPV's didn't sell they still had to pay out. Remember only the guaranteed money needs to be revealed, PPV %'s are not shared.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts