Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this question asked on other forums, but I figured I'd bring it here. Who would win?

Fedor Emelianenko (23-1-0)
Vitals: 6'0" 233 lbs
Style: *****, Judo and Wrestling
Strengths: Submissions, aggressive striking and, well, everything else

Rickson Gracie (11-0-0)
Vitals: 5'10" 185 lbs
Style: Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu
Strengths: Submissions and groundnpound, possibly the best grappler, if not fighter, in the history of MMA.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
This would be a great match to see IMo. I dont think fedor is stupid enough to go to the ground with rickson so i could see him wanting to go for the Ko quick. Rickson is one tough SOB and is outstanding with his sub's/ Ill give the edge to fedor, BUt both fighters ROck

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
fedor would just standup and punch? hes shown that he had good takedown defense before, from the very few stuff ive seen on rickson, his takedowns are not godlike... but again, ive seen very few fights of rickson in mma.. but anyways, fedor has good defense on the ground, and im not sure if we are talking about rickson now or a few years ago, cuz rickson is like 50 now..

this might be a little bit off topic, but why is rickson such a legend in mma( not talking about grappling/bjj)? I have much respect for what the gracies have done, but i think ppl should be realistic a bit... every fighter knows bjj now, and the best fighters right now have incorporated(or adopted) bjj in their fighting style...bjj is not so good anymore by itself, and even nogueira, whos grappling is probably the best in mma right now, figured that out(he trains boxing)

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Fedor by anyway he chooses..even if this fight goes to the ground fedor is way to strong for rickson and will own him, Fedor by brutal ground and pound rd1

·
Registered
114 Posts
ummm......fedor is a HW, huge size difference. i understand that rickson is the legend of BJJ, but realistically fedor would destroy him any way he chooses.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I can think of ALOT of matchups that would be better than this. Rickson is not a god and would lose to a number of MMA fighters even when he was in his prime. Fedor on the other hand would lose to no one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fedor in a romp...a better fight scenario would be Rickson and Saku in their primes....thatd be a grappling clinic...

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
jaymackz said:
Fedor, Hands down.......rickson might have a slim chance.....but it is Fedor who will take home the win.
You about got it right. Except Rickson has absolutly NO CHANCE IN HELL against Fedor.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Because he wanted to pad his record, and figured Saku would probably defeat him.

Who has Rickson beaten?

Why does anyone actually think Rickson stands a chance?

This is about as insane as Glazer & Trigg debating whether Rickson could beat Cro Cop.

Fedor would knock Rickson's head into the 17th row. I can see a kid carrying it around like a souvenir, or the announcers treating it like a fan caught a fly ball. "Hey, some kid caught Rickson Gracie's head! That'll be worth something in about 10 years".

This Rickson myth is getting way outta hand.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Damone said:
Because he wanted to pad his record, and figured Saku would probably defeat him.

Who has Rickson beaten?

Why does anyone actually think Rickson stands a chance?

This is about as insane as Glazer & Trigg debating whether Rickson could beat Cro Cop.

Fedor would knock Rickson's head into the 17th row. I can see a kid carrying it around like a souvenir, or the announcers treating it like a fan caught a fly ball. "Hey, some kid caught Rickson Gracie's head! That'll be worth something in about 10 years".

This Rickson myth is getting way outta hand.
i agree, people think he is so great because he supposedly is undefeated, and most people havent really seen him fight..ive only seen 3-4 of his fights, and hes good but beat Fedor? no way, not a chance, i really think this fight would last all of 2 mins

·
ACI Level 1
228 Posts
watch Fedor's 1.5 matches against Nog. He's a submission defense wizard whether he hits the ground or not. anyone who puts fedor in their guard is asking for pure death. He can hip posture anywhere he wants to, and his fists are bricks.

He's so lethal to the point where takedown defense is irrevelant. He can tap a striker, and stonewall a submission expert while pounding their face in grounded or standing.

I hate to sing his praises because I want him to lose the title to CroCop worse than anything. Truth is, Fedor fan or not, he'd slay rickson just like he did Nog. Luckly for Nog, he made the champ match a decision because he takes sledgehammers to the face and keeps going. Plenty of good shots to make Fedor to tap, and somehow Fedor's ***** made him BJJ-proof.

I'd still love watching it however.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Another thing about Fedor is that he doesn't shoot in for the takedown. He'll pound on you, then use his upper body for the throw. Really, he's the perfect type of fighter.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Fedors the best fighter in MMA history and no little BJJ fighter with some padded record should even be in the same sentence as him.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
jdun11 said:
Fedor by anyway he chooses..even if this fight goes to the ground fedor is way to strong for rickson and will own him, Fedor by brutal ground and pound rd1
Exactly what I think.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
the only way i see fedor losing, is if he gets cut and the fight is stopped other than that, noone is gonna beat him up or KO him, the guy is the perfect fighter, his only minor flaw is hes a little small for a heavyweight, but that doesnt slow him down at all

1 - 19 of 19 Posts