Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have been saying i'd like to see these two go at it on nye since mirko is out. fedor said he picked barnett as his next opponent. but there is no word on whether he was serious or not. the two were sitting together at the post fight press conference for the real deal, and were joking around. so i guess we'll see. i'd like to see mark hunt fight fedor if josh isnt ready. josh has had a tough year. i'd wait a few months before fighting fedor to make sure i was totally ready.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Since Mirko is out, it should be Josh to get a title shot at Fedor. You don't really know what to expect because the two never fought but I guarantee it will be decided on the ground.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jdun11 said:
if rather see him fight shogun, and i like hunt but fedor would just take him down and submit him like barnett did
id like to see shogun too i guess, it just seems a little mis matched. i think we will see something along the lines of the wand cro cop fight. where you will really see a difference. thats just my opinion. in all fairness, josh deserves the fight if he is ready and mirko is not. he came in second in the owgp, and he had a very tough path to get there. he fought a. emelianenko, hunt, and big nog. then a pretty rested mirko.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yea, people forget that Josh lost to Cro Cop after a grueling decision against Nog. What did Josh get, an hour of rest? - and then it's back to the ring to fight Mirko. Mirko had just completed a 5 minute destruction of Wand where it appeared he didn't even break a sweat.
Advantage Cro Cop.

Same when Shogun defeated Arona. Arona had just battled Wanderlei to a decision victory and was clearly drained in comparison to a seemingly fresh Shogun who had dismantled Overeem in the first round of his prior bout.
Advantage Rua.

I'm not saying that if both fighters were fresh in both fights the outcome would have been different. I'm just saying people forget to take this into account.

Anyway, so Mirko is a no go for the NYE fight against Fedor? That sux. I would agree that Barnett deserves to replace him, but I would be more interested in a Fedor x Shogun bout. So who would Shogun fight next?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
x X CLoud X x said:
Josh does deserve it, but he is going to get his ass BEAT.... Crocop is the only guy who could withstand Fedor
agreed..but after this year i have new found respect for josh. i thought he was getting ktfo'd by hunt, josh beat him. then i figured big nog was going to submit him early and we were going to see the cro cop big nog re-match. josh showed he isnt a subpar fighter in that tounament. i know fedor will win. but i think josh will give a him a good fight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
barnett

Yes, I think that this will be a good match up, both ground players. Hunt is one of my favorites too, so I wouldnt mind seeing either one fight Fedor. Barnett was suprising in his last fight against that polish guy. Looked like he was getting rocked but pulled out the sub at the last minute.

Anyone know if PRIDE tests for steroids? I read on the UFC page that Barnett was stripped of his UFC title belt from testing positive for anabolic steroids post fight. I think this was in 2002.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
billyfrompred said:
Yes, I think that this will be a good match up, both ground players. Hunt is one of my favorites too, so I wouldnt mind seeing either one fight Fedor. Barnett was suprising in his last fight against that polish guy. Looked like he was getting rocked but pulled out the sub at the last minute.

Anyone know if PRIDE tests for steroids? I read on the UFC page that Barnett was stripped of his UFC title belt from testing positive for anabolic steroids post fight. I think this was in 2002.
yes he was stripped. he had to pass a drug test to fight at the real deal and was cleared.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts