Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man on sherdog.com i was watching a post fight interview with Tim Sylvia, and the guy asking questions asked what he thought about an upcoming fight with Fedor. He asked what he thought about it, and tim called him alil shit or something, and seems he isn't worried about fighting him. This is what i think about the fight. There is no way tim can beat fedor. Tim is the bigger taller guy, but i just don't think tim can beat fedors agression,flurries or hard punches,ground and pound either. The only thing tim has on him is reach, and i've seen fedor in a fight with some really tall chinese guy and he was smoking his head, and fedor was reaching to punch that high. I don't even see how this is a well matched fight.:dunno:

I sure hope I see this mmaforum start growing. I got awhole lot more in my brain. And please don't bash me for saying my opinion on this fight, i bet alot of people will agree with me.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
shamrock420 said:
Man on sherdog.com i was watching a post fight interview with Tim Sylvia, and the guy asking questions asked what he thought about an upcoming fight with Fedor. He asked what he thought about it, and tim called him alil shit or something, and seems he isn't worried about fighting him. This is what i think about the fight. There is no way tim can beat fedor. Tim is the bigger taller guy, but i just don't think tim can beat fedors agression,flurries or hard punches,ground and pound either. The only thing tim has on him is reach, and i've seen fedor in a fight with some really tall chinese guy and he was smoking his head, and fedor was reaching to punch that high. I don't even see how this is a well matched fight.:dunno:

I sure hope I see this mmaforum start growing. I got awhole lot more in my brain. And please don't bash me for saying my opinion on this fight, i bet alot of people will agree with me.
yea I kind of agree.. Fedor is an Animal What few fights I have seen of his I am in love with plus he is repsectful of his opponets from what I have seen that makes him even better in my opinion.. as for growing we have added over 200 members in the last 48.. I call that growth

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fedor is a beast no doubt in my mind that he would destroy Sylvia. I've sen fedor do some amazing things on pride like when he fought Randelman. Randelman backarched him and dropped Fedor on his neck it looked like fedor broke his neck fedor gets up and submits him. Fedor is too though for Sylvia. If Sylvia goes up against Fedor he has no shot.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I would love to see fedor destroy tim. TIm needs to learn to shut his mouth. Isnt he suppose to fight The snowman next. Well whoever he fights i hope tim gets his head smashed in

·
Registered
74 Posts
fedor would destroy tim stand up or ground.. i think fedor is a much stronger guy than tim, he has more fighting skills than the maniac. the only advantage tim has is his reach.. if fedor gets pass that i don't think tim would be able to handle fedor's aggressiveness and strength...

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Fedor is the perfect martial artist. He is calm and controlled, until he steps in the ring. Then he crushes his opponents.

Tim Sylvia wins fights because he's tall and he knows how to throw a decent punch. But a guy with Fedor's strength would put Tim through the canvas.

Fedor by TKO in round 1. Probably the second minute.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats exaclty what Slyvia would want from fedor is for him to stand up and fight with him. Unlike the rest of the UFC idiots and money hogs fedor would do exacly what Tim wouldn't want him to do and that take him down with ease and tap him out.

Sylvia has beat a few good people and AA is not one of them if you ask me. He beat the guy twice by knockout, now the UFC managment thinks hes unstopable.....Will he go to Pride and fight someone worth fighting? what about Matt Houghes? ummm Will Iceman go back?

If you ask me UFC is riged just like Boxing....theres no way any of the UFC top guys will fight any where else besides the UFC becuase of the lack of talent. tim Sylvia is one of the not so many. Dana White will pay these guys to do anything except for going to the real ring and fighting the real talent.

Fedor would beat sylvia without breaking a sweat....first round easy submission.

:dunno:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Lol.... Fedor Emelianenko would destroy both AA and Tim. For Tim to call Fedor out like that is ....well.... him getting bigger then his britches :p if those two were to fight Tim would surely loose to Fedor. No questions

·
Registered
184 Posts
ConorM said:
yea yea im tired of everyone suckin fedors balls without backin it up...most overrated fighter ever....hes beat a lot of nobodys.....if hes the man he shoudl step up to sylvias challenge but even if hes willing to fight Pride likes to fu.ck around (Liddell, Silva) and wont let him cus their scared if he gets beat theyl loose face or somthing..idk maybe its cus there japs..don't japs have a thing with not loosing face or something or maybe if fedor gets beat they'l loose their pride and kill themselves samaurai style..idk, never know with those fuc.kin japs...u know they did bomb Pearl Harbor

lol First of all here we go with that "he beats alot of nobodies' stuff again Can I ask you if what to did in his Randelman fight was not skill and will to survive....or maybe your calling mark coleman a nobody...what about when he made Kazuyuki Fujita Pass out AFTER he almost knocked him out AFTER he himself was almost KOed. Was that enough backing it up.

I say again HE would destroy AA AND TS...No doubt in my mind:cheeky4:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Forget this UFC fanboy. He can't put up any hard evidence as to why Sylvia would win. It is common knowledge that Fedor is the greatest fighter on Earth. Anyone not willing to admit that hasn't seen Fedor destroy his opponent.

Fedor, by TKO, Less than 3 Min.

That's if he doesn't submit BY PUNCHES like Zulu did. That was hilarious.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's all it is, Tim can stand back and throw a decent punch from a distance. I don't personally think he's much of a 'martial artist'. Fedor would rip him to pieces I think. And yeah, when Randleman backarched him onto his head, I didn't think he'd get up, but he got right up, lmao. Fedor would destroy Tim, he's too tough.

·
Registered
285 Posts
IronMan said:
Fedor is the perfect martial artist. He is calm and controlled, until he steps in the ring. Then he crushes his opponents.

Tim Sylvia wins fights because he's tall and he knows how to throw a decent punch. But a guy with Fedor's strength would put Tim through the canvas.

Fedor by TKO in round 1. Probably the second minute.

Amen to that, now if only Mark Coleman knew this before he challenged Fedor.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Lightfall said:
Amen to that, now if only Mark Coleman knew this before he challenged Fedor.
Mark knows that, but he's knows that he's only got one run left in him. He knows that he'll probably have to retire soon, and this is his last real shot.

Fedor will smash Coleman, but Coleman will still be a legend in his own right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,i am new here.
I am russian and I've read many of fedor's interviews.

He is a rather quiet and humble guy. Usually when he is asked: "What do you think about your opponent" - Fedor usually says that he is a worthy opponent and I will have to see what happens once the fight begins, instead of criticizing the opponents standup, wrestling or whatever.

Now I do believe Fedor will win. Ofcourse this is MMA and styles make fights, and anything could happen. (Remember the Fujita fight?) I think fedor is going to burst in and land shots on tim without a problem, using his regular footwork. And on the ground - Tim doesn't really have a chance. Fedor's ***** is the best in the world. I don't know how much exposure Tim has had with ***** fighters.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts