Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So where does Fedor fit in the world of the UFC's top fighters? We might never find out. But money talks and Vegas betting lines are probably the closest you're going to get to what people in the know really think. That said, here is what I think Vegas would make Fedor if he fought some of the top UFC fighters (purely hypothetical and only my opinions, just for discussion):

vs B Lesnar Fedor would be Underdog
vs S Carwin Fedor would be Underdog
vs C Velasquez Fedor would be Pick em
vs J D Santos Fedor would be Pick em
vs F Mir Fedor would be Slight Favorite
vs A Silva Fedor would be Slight Favorite
vs M Shogun Rua Fedor would be Favorite
vs L Machida Fedor would be Favorite
vs R Evans Fedor would be Favorite
vs R Couture Fedor would be Favorite

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Thing is the Werdum fight is relevant to absolutely none of those fights.

I would also argue for the sake of the thread that you need to remember that betting lines take into account expected betting habits so with that said, Velasquez, JDS, A Silva, Couture and likely Shogun and Machida would all be favorites based on the fact that that is where the casual fans money would be.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Fedor vs Randy would go like the Vera fight, except there's a good chance of a KO. Otherwise Fedor will spend most of the round getting pushed against the fence.

Fedor has a good chance vs JDS because they are both strikers, and well, Fedor is a great wrestler if he ever gets beaten on the feet.

Fedor can probably beat Cain because again, this wrestling is pretty high level and Cain isn't much bigger than Fedor.

Brock and Carwin would probably beat Fedor by simply overwhelming him with power.

Silva will dance his way to a decision, and he ate a Hendo right hand flush to the face and didn't even flinch, and started pushing forward after that hit. His chin is solid enough to survive one or two haymakers from Fedor.

Machida will beat Fedor to a decision. Fedor has zero kicking game which is Machida's weakness. Machida is simply a more technical striker.

Fedor will own Evans. Most likely KO while Evans attempts a takedown.

Mir is a fossil at this point and I don't see him having much of a chance against Fedor.

I see Fedor going 5-4 vs the 9 you listed, although he could very well 7-2 because to me its 50/50 vs Brock and Carwin.

Fedor has simply not faced a fighter with the patience and skill of Anderson or Machida and will be confused and flustered on his way to a decision loss. To me Anderson and Machida would be the clear overwhelming favorites against Fedor due to stylistic differences.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Fedor being an underdog to Carwin.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is complete garbage, he wouldn't be. Not a chance.

People should watch Carwin's fights or something.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
So where does Fedor fit in the world of the UFC's top fighters? We might never find out. But money talks and Vegas betting lines are probably the closest you're going to get to what people in the know really think. That said, here is what I think Vegas would make Fedor if he fought some of the top UFC fighters (purely hypothetical and only my opinions, just for discussion):

vs B Lesnar Fedor would be Underdog
vs S Carwin Fedor would be Underdog
vs C Velasquez Fedor would be Pick em
vs J D Santos Fedor would be Pick em
vs F Mir Fedor would be Slight Favorite
vs A Silva Fedor would be Slight Favorite
vs M Shogun Rua Fedor would be Favorite
vs L Machida Fedor would be Favorite
vs R Evans Fedor would be Favorite
vs R Couture Fedor would be Favorite
I'd take Mir over Fedor. Fedor's not the type of guy that beats Mir. He's not going to be pushing Mir against the cage or taking him down and pounding him. I think we'd see a similar outcome to the Mir Nog fight.

Lesnar and Carwin would beat him to death either on the ground or against the cage. Valasquez would KO him on the feet or gnp. JDS would pick him apart and KO him in the 3rd. For some reason I don't even see Gonzaga losing to Fedor. Couture is too old now. 3 years ago I would have picked him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts